shyboy69
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near everything but close to nothing

The chicken Pox and covid19

Post by shyboy69 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:19 pm

This statement is with tongue in cheek. Ironic......isnt it. Everyone is concerned for the safety of our parents and grandparents. Remember back when you were a kid and your Mommy said. Send Bobby over to the neighbors to play. Little Johnny has the Chicken Pox. LOL
Last edited by shyboy69 on Sat May 02, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice guys finish last? Yes we do! Our women always finish first. Multiple times!
My sparkling personality compensates for not being hung like a horse.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Re: The chicken Pox and covid19

Post by Publisher » Sat May 02, 2020 4:43 pm

shyboy69 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:19 pm
This statement is with tongue in cheek. Everyone is concerned for the safety of our parents and grandparents. Remember back when you were a kid and your Mommy said. Send Bobby over to the neighbors to play. Little Johnny has the Chicken Pox. LOL
Yep. You were going to catch that and the measles, any way, so may as well get it over with. Which was true.

Now we have vaccines, and the death rate plummeted for measles. Until these nutball anti-vaxxers bought into the **cow excrement** that it causes autism. WHOEVER started that rumor (fingers point at Russia, and I'm not kidding) obviously had hostile intent.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

YetAnotherHobbist
Donor
Donor
Your City: Madison

Post by YetAnotherHobbist » Sat May 02, 2020 6:34 pm

Publisher wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:43 pm
shyboy69 wrote:
This statement is with tongue in cheek. Everyone is concerned for the safety of our parents and grandparents. Remember back when you were a kid and your Mommy said. Send Bobby over to the neighbors to play. Little Johnny has the Chicken Pox. LOL
Yep. You were going to catch that and the measles, any way, so may as well get it over with. Which was true.

Now we have vaccines, and the death rate plummeted for measles. Until these nutball anti-vaxxers bought into the **cow excrement** that it causes autism. WHOEVER started that rumor (fingers point at Russia, and I'm not kidding) obviously had hostile intent.
IIRC, it helped that, not only were you going to get it anyway, but the consequences of getting it as an adult were much more serious than getting it as a child - so the sooner you got it, the safer you would be...
And, once we had a vaccine, it just didn't make sense to be exposed the "traditional" way :-)

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Post by vorlon » Mon May 18, 2020 1:05 am

YetAnotherHobbist wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:34 pm
Publisher wrote:
shyboy69 wrote:

IIRC, it helped that, not only were you going to get it anyway, but the consequences of getting it as an adult were much more serious than getting it as a child - so the sooner you got it, the safer you would be...
And, once we had a vaccine, it just didn't make sense to be exposed the "traditional" way :-)
You can get Shingles as a consequence of having had chicken pox and there is now a vaccine for that. I just got my first shot for that last week; it was not a fun experience as I was one of the unlucky few to have a number of the side effects. Still, much better than actually getting Shingles.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Mon May 18, 2020 4:43 am

Does anyone else find it creepy that the entire family of heroes viruses take up residence after the infection in our nervous system? And never leaves?
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

wallaby
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Eastern south central Illinois.

Post by wallaby » Mon May 18, 2020 10:18 pm

Creepy?
Screw the nervous system.
C19 will hide out from your immune system in your balls.
The Real Wallaby - Accept No Imitations
“Cook, Travel, Eat, Read, repeat.” - Alton Brown

#PokerKnowsTheTruth...Maybe

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Tue May 19, 2020 1:42 am

Publisher wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:43 am
Does anyone else find it creepy that the entire family of heroes viruses take up residence after the infection in our nervous system? And never leaves?
We humans have a lot of genes that originally came from viruses. I'm sure those initial contacts were not always good for humans but somewhere along the line we made at least parts of them parts of us.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

shyboy69
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Near everything but close to nothing

Post by shyboy69 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:29 pm

vorlon wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:05 am
YetAnotherHobbist wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:34 pm
Publisher wrote:
shyboy69 wrote:

You can get Shingles as a consequence of having had chicken pox and there is now a vaccine for that. I just got my first shot for that last week; it was not a fun experience as I was one of the unlucky few to have a number of the side effects. Still, much better than actually getting Shingles.
I had the shingles a couple years back. They were on my head. Easy to hide. But it took me a year to not be bothered with the wind blowing through my hair while while driving in my car.

Nice guys finish last? Yes we do! Our women always finish first. Multiple times!
My sparkling personality compensates for not being hung like a horse.

Return to “General Thoughts”