Ratio out of whack

NOT FOR ADVERTISING
TheDigB

Ratio out of whack

Post by TheDigB » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:45 am

There are 1000 Reviews in the Database

Membership Overall: 6878

Requested reviews 1864

Even if each person was only with one person the count for reviews should be way higher.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:29 am

There is an appalling ratio of those who seek reviews but never provide reviews. Look up what a Lookie Loo is.

http://www.grainbeltnews.com/modules.ph ... loo#290988

If you see that avatar - they aren't contributing to the info-stream, just taking from it.
Last edited by Publisher on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

kennedie
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion

Post by kennedie » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:44 pm

I really wish more guys would write reviews, it helps everyone out....

ufflmaster
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by ufflmaster » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Quite honestly...guys take the time to write good reviews. Sadly the same guys rarely post a sub par review. Especially if its a well known lady. Fear of it getting back to her I guess. Great example is a lady had like 20 amazing reviews on here and when someone finally speaks up with a negative comment on her reliability there are immediately 12 others agreeing. Ok...so where are the reviews saying she stood you up? Also we ate all guilty of reviewing a well known lady but not putting the bp girls reviews out there. Everyone acts like we don't call those ladies in a pinch. Iam guilty of the second offense for sure

joeman

Post by joeman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:17 pm

ufflmaster wrote:Ok...so where are the reviews saying she stood you up?
It can be difficult determining between an actual emergency happening and someone not able to make an appointment for reasons out of their control VS one individual identifying a habit or pattern of flakiness.

I suppose at the risk it actually being a unique circumstance guys don't post anything about being stood up until it happens to them, by the same lady, multiple times. Rather than mentioning the incident right away and allowing others to chime in with their experiences to identify a pattern.

Maybe the ladies can jump in with how they notify each other when a guy stands one of them up and warn the others about that possibility.

TheDigB

Post by TheDigB » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:31 pm

ufflmaster wrote:Quite honestly...guys take the time to write good reviews. Sadly the same guys rarely post a sub par review. Especially if its a well known lady. Fear of it getting back to her I guess. Great example is a lady had like 20 amazing reviews on here and when someone finally speaks up with a negative comment on her reliability there are immediately 12 others agreeing. Ok...so where are the reviews saying she stood you up? Also we ate all guilty of reviewing a well known lady but not putting the bp girls reviews out there. Everyone acts like we don't call those ladies in a pinch. Iam guilty of the second offense for sure
I bit the bullet and wrote a negative but honest review. If I can save someone a bad experience it's worth it. It shouldn't hurt you to write a negative review if you are fair, honest, and understanding. If you're writing a negative review you should have no plans on visiting her again unless she sees it and apologize or makes it rite. So how would it hurt you to write a negative review? I think it could only help the community and yourself.

Tirant_Loblanc
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Tirant_Loblanc » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:36 pm

ufflmaster wrote:Quite honestly...guys take the time to write good reviews. Sadly the same guys rarely post a sub par review. Especially if its a well known lady. Fear of it getting back to her I guess. Great example is a lady had like 20 amazing reviews on here and when someone finally speaks up with a negative comment on her reliability there are immediately 12 others agreeing. Ok...so where are the reviews saying she stood you up? Also we ate all guilty of reviewing a well known lady but not putting the bp girls reviews out there. Everyone acts like we don't call those ladies in a pinch. Iam guilty of the second offense for sure
So, in an open forum, you are discussing a conversation that took place below decks. This is the kind of thing that limits what a gent is willing to post.
Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth.

Charles Kingsley

Reefer
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your City: Bloomington

Post by Reefer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:24 pm

Just saying!

Reefers love to propagate!

wallaby
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Eastern south central Illinois.

Post by wallaby » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:33 pm

The Real Wallaby - Accept No Imitations
“Cook, Travel, Eat, Read, repeat.” - Alton Brown

#PokerKnowsTheTruth...Maybe

TheDigB

Post by TheDigB » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:21 pm

Did I miss something. I'm lost were this thread turned to.

DMLawPro
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Post by DMLawPro » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:22 pm

TheDigB wrote:Did I miss something. I'm lost were this thread turned to.
Re-Read

ufflmaster
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by ufflmaster » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Good lord....I didn't mention a name...when it was discussed, where it wad discussed or who discussed it. If that's a freaking leak I will gladly leave. That's a freaking joke.

ufflmaster
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by ufflmaster » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:47 pm

FYI a leak would be the guy who runs and tells a lady that a certain gent said xxxxx about het, often in a attempt to curry favor. Me using a broad, general example of people being wimps w no mention of the lady, or any gents discussing it isn't a leak. The leak patrol is out of hand. If there are leaks it sure ain't me

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Lighten up guys. Seriously, he used a hypothetical.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:05 pm

That's like a semi-colon, right?
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

ufflmaster
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by ufflmaster » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:09 pm

Thanks YAG...u still aren't getting near my colon w a semi though

ufflmaster
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by ufflmaster » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:37 pm

If you guys put as much effort into getting laid as you do chasing down fake leaks there would be a lot more reviews also

MeterMan
International Grain Cartel

Post by MeterMan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:47 pm

ufflmaster wrote:If you guys put as much effort into getting laid as you do chasing down fake leaks there would be a lot more reviews also
Dude, now it's time for you to lighten up.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like....and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ---Bilbo Baggins

Rudbeckia_triloba
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Your City: Indianapolis IN

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:44 am

joeman wrote:
ufflmaster wrote:Ok...so where are the reviews saying she stood you up?
It can be difficult determining between an actual emergency happening and someone not able to make an appointment for reasons out of their control VS one individual identifying a habit or pattern of flakiness.

I suppose at the risk it actually being a unique circumstance guys don't post anything about being stood up until it happens to them, by the same lady, multiple times. Rather than mentioning the incident right away and allowing others to chime in with their experiences to identify a pattern.

Maybe the ladies can jump in with how they notify each other when a guy stands one of them up and warn the others about that possibility.
Eh, word just gets around the ladies when a dude is pulling those stunts - I think it's partially because we're a lot less hesitant to say "You know, so-and-so was 30 minutes late and didn't call the last time I tried to see him. Does he pull this with you, too?" since we kinda expect this stuff to happen...

But to answer your question I suppose it depends on severity. Some ladies will blacklist a guy for a NCNS while others will just make note of it where others can read. I guess it just depends on how much that particular offense bothers them (and how much money/time it cost them).

YMMV and all that.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. -T. Pratchett

TheDigB

Post by TheDigB » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:31 am

I wouldn't write a negative review unless it was habitual that she was late or cancelled. Life happens and this hobby is very private and can be very hard to get excused out of situations in your private life that could make you late or even cancel a appointment. Even if you put in a review about being late or whatever be sure you are honest about the good along with the negative if you have to put in a negative point. It doesn't have to be just negative. Negative reviews shouldn't be about getting back at anyone. They are for warning others about quality or safety of service.

Murdoc
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by Murdoc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:40 am

TheDigB wrote:I wouldn't write a negative review unless it was habitual that she was late or cancelled. Life happens and this hobby is very private and can be very hard to get excused out of situations in your private life that could make you late or even cancel a appointment.
+1
I agree with this.

Communication between the client and the Contractor is important. But companions need to be just a good with communication to the clients too.

I'm thankful that the couple of companions I have seen, do a great job with this already.
"There is a little Devil in all of Us, sometimes you just need to show it." :twisted:

MWDude

Post by MWDude » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:16 am

TheDigB wrote:I wouldn't write a negative review unless it was habitual that she was late or cancelled. Life happens and this hobby is very private and can be very hard to get excused out of situations in your private life that could make you late or even cancel a appointment. Even if you put in a review about being late or whatever be sure you are honest about the good along with the negative if you have to put in a negative point. It doesn't have to be just negative. Negative reviews shouldn't be about getting back at anyone. They are for warning others about quality or safety of service.
I agree. Or for lack of reliability if it's a pattern.

I will say that I still am unsure exactly what the preferred process is for reviewing ladies - not the review structure, but rather the frequency and quantity desired. I saw a well-reviewed lady and haven't yet written my review, partly due to laziness but partly due to thinking it clearly isn't needed in addition to the content on her already here. I'll probably put one up after I see her again, but if I see a well reviewed lady with great reviews, and I have a great time, do we need another review? I was getting the sense that others simply then respond to the last existing review with a few confirming positive comments.

Oh, and what about ladies that aren't from high traffic areas here?

Thoughts?

50Shades

Post by 50Shades » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:02 pm

I think some guys are just lazy and don't want to take the time; or they piggy back on other reviews which I find equally annoying.

Murdoc
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by Murdoc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Tell the Truth & Write the review.

"There is a little Devil in all of Us, sometimes you just need to show it." :twisted:

Ack
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by Ack » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:48 pm

MWDude wrote:
I will say that I still am unsure exactly what the preferred process is for reviewing ladies - not the review structure, but rather the frequency and quantity desired. I saw a well-reviewed lady and haven't yet written my review, partly due to laziness but partly due to thinking it clearly isn't needed in addition to the content on her already here. I'll probably put one up after I see her again, but if I see a well reviewed lady with great reviews, and I have a great time, do we need another review? I was getting the sense that others simply then respond to the last existing review with a few confirming positive comments.

Oh, and what about ladies that aren't from high traffic areas here?

Thoughts?
+1 What is the recommendation? Should we review every encounter ( not that I have had many ) but a year from now and I have seen a Contractor 12 times, should I still be putting in reviews?

Sounds like it should be a yes, just to keep the reviews current.
Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is."
~ Barbara Bush

TheDigB

Post by TheDigB » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Maybe put another review in if something changes.

Hotrod57

Post by Hotrod57 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:33 pm

I don't have a problem with piggybacking a review and do it frequently. Sometimes to my own reviews. It seems like an economical use of my time to simply say "Yep. Still mighty fine" or make a minor update like "Wow! She lost 20 lbs and looks great."
I'm not totally useless. I can be used as a bad example.

Murdoc
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by Murdoc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:36 pm

hotrod57 wrote:"Yep. Murdoc is Still mighty fine" or make a minor update like "Wow! He lost 20 lbs and looks great."
Oh that was very sweet for you to say...Thank You!! :wink:

50Shades

Post by 50Shades » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:39 pm

hotrod57 wrote:I don't have a problem with piggybacking a review and do it frequently. Sometimes to my own reviews. It seems like an economical use of my time to simply say "Yep. Still mighty fine" or make a minor update like "Wow! She lost 20 lbs and looks great."
I think piggy-backing your own is understandable.

friskyrick
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by friskyrick » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Back when I was very active, if I had moved on for no shows I would not being seeing anyone at all.

Some of my favorite companions have at times been in the NSNC category.

So I do not think a review for every NCNS is warranted. Maybe a thread with no names asking ladies generally to dial it in a little better would be good.

It works both ways for Contractor and hobbyist too.

And is she 80% NCNS? or only 20%. Some of us are very grateful we did not write a bad review, stuck with the gal, and became a regular of hers.

This kind of thing can be counted on in the hobby. And it can be very frustrating. We have all been there and apparently there is no getting around it. Just like SMURF vs REDACTED. Or any other "deal breaker." Each of us is different. I like FS, so REDACTED is not a deal breaker. And I am so glad I did not miss out on some great FS. And the same goes for NCNS.

But let me add I am happy where I am at, but the road here I would not want to go through it all again lol :D

To sum up....Good Luck out there! :twisted: 8)

Lem
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by Lem » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:33 pm

I post a review when I have something to add that is not known, or if a lady specifically asks me to post one. Over the years I could have posted a bunch more reviews, but for some reason, I'm kind of uncomfortable with it.

1) To be honest, I really don't want the entire membership here to be aware of every encounter I've had over the last six years.

2) When I review, it's usually in the verified section. That's what I'm comfortable with, so that's what I will do.

3) I don't think I have ever posted a review on an established lady, but would if she asked me.

4) I am certainly not comfortable with describing every detail of a meeting. On some other boards, BANNED ADVERTISEMENT for example, reviews are often ridiculed if they don't read like a Penthouse Forum letter.

I went back and looked and most of my reviews were of ladies that were previously unknown to the board. In these cases, I do feel an obligation to inform the membership that a specific lady is legit and give an overview of what to expect. I will continue to do this.
Last edited by Lem on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brett12

Post by Brett12 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:50 pm

50Shades wrote:I think some guys are just lazy and don't want to take the time; or they piggy back on other reviews which I find equally annoying.
Another Suggestion Box item...... :lol:

Lem
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by Lem » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:52 pm

One more thing- Negative Reviews

I've had some negative experiences over the years and some have been with established and well reviewed ladies that did not live up to the hype or my expectations. Typically I just move on understanding that not everyone clicks or people do have off days on occasion.

Information does leak out sometimes and that is certainly a deterrent to posting a negative review or comment in the verified section. Also, let's take a hypothetical situation...

A guy posts that a Contractor who generally well liked and generally has good reviews NSNC him. He posts, as he is entitled to do and then 2-3 guys feel the need to chime in and remind everyone that she has never NSNC them or that she always is on time for them or whatever. The fact that she has never NSNC them doesn't change the fact that she did it to him.

He is entitled to his opinion and their WK behavior is another reason guys are hesitant to post even the least bit of negative feedback. Thanks for listening.

50Shades

Post by 50Shades » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Lem wrote:One more thing- Negative Reviews

I've had some negative experiences over the years and some have been with established and well reviewed ladies that did not live up to the hype or my expectations. Typically I just move on understanding that not everyone clicks or people do have off days on occasion.

Information does leak out sometimes and that is certainly a deterrent to posting a negative review or comment in the verified section. Also, let's take a hypothetical situation...

A guy posts that a Contractor who generally well liked and generally has good reviews NSNC him. He posts, as he is entitled to do and then 2-3 guys feel the need to chime in and remind everyone that she has never NSNC them or that she always is on time for them or whatever. The fact that she has never NSNC them doesn't change the fact that she did it to him.

He is entitled to his opinion and their WK behavior is another reason guys are hesitant to post even the least bit of negative feedback. Thanks for listening.
+1

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:18 pm

I'm partially with Lem. I only post good reviews, or bad reviews. "Ho hum" I just move along without any commentary.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Post by vorlon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:38 pm

Everybody knows the upside to good reviews but there is an upside to bad ones so long as they are accurate. Properly used, the review system helps guys see companions they will enjoy and avoid ones they won't whether the Contractor in question is simply not what a hobbyist may be looking for or because she doesn't provide quality service, which can be any number of things ranging from blatant-rip-offs and theft to NCNCs, up-selling etc. This is the information hobbyists need to know and ends up rewarding the quality companions because they will get more business.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

wallaby
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by wallaby » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:38 pm

There are two reviews.
There are the public reviews, and those that are below decks.

I won't submit a negative review in the public areas. I'll keep it fairly neutral if the experience was sub par. Reviews help the ladies out, and as sole proprietor small business owners, I am not going to jeopardize their ability to make a buck.

Below decks, my reviews have more detail and will mention negative aspects if appropriate (for those on the fence about subscribing - these reviews are a powerful incentive). The honest, private, reviews are important ... and one reason why leaks from below hurt us all. We need to know what is being said is in confidence and will go no further.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:06 am

It's a service industry, Sir Marsupial, and if a small business owner who, say, services lawn mowers, left out the spark plug half the time, I'd like to know that in advance so I could take my engine elsewhere, since that service Contractor had a likelihood of returning my engine so it wasn't going to start.

In other words, I and other consumers of their services would avoid that person. And if said small business owner was smart, and was aware of their errors and fixed them, then they'd stay in business. If not - they shouldn't stay in business.

Unless of course there was a vast sea of potential customers who didn't bother to check out silly things like reviews, and the only important thing to them was the nice wrapper the advertising portrayed.

Oh wait...
- Edmund Burke

wallaby
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by wallaby » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:48 am

Publisher wrote:It's a service industry, Sir Marsupial, and if a small business owner who, say, services lawn mowers, left out the spark plug half the time, I'd like to know that in advance so I could take my engine elsewhere, since that service Contractor had a likelihood of returning my engine so it wasn't going to start.

In other words, I and other consumers of their services would avoid that person. And if said small business owner was smart, and was aware of their errors and fixed them, then they'd stay in business. If not - they shouldn't stay in business.

Unless of course there was a vast sea of potential customers who didn't bother to check out silly things like reviews, and the only important thing to them was the nice wrapper the advertising portrayed.

Oh wait...
For the in depth, honest, non-biased (yeah right) reviews of products and services people try and find what they can in open forums, but paid services like Consumer Reports and Angies List give more in depth reviews.

The reviews below decks are the equivalent. You need a subscription to read them, and being (supposedly) private they encourage a more honest, frank discussion of service.

I'll read the public reviews and comments in the public forums, but they don't carry anywhere near as much weight as those below.

pjpenner

Post by pjpenner » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Reviews are a vital part of the hobby. As such, reviews need to be fair and respectful.

I always believed that (Contractor) reviews are as important to gents as what referrals are to companions. Accurate information is very important. Both (reviews and referrals) need to be truthful and respectful.

Providing a positive review that doesn't mention any negative aspects that took place is as bad as a negative review that doesn't acknowledge the good things the lady provided.

When I was active in the hobby when I lived in the States, I was faithful at providing reviews. A little research on GBN will reveal that I wrote positive, neutral, and negative reviews.

I can't remember any negative consequences from writing a neutral or negative review. I tried very hard to be accurate and respectful. Keeping in mind that there were always two people involved, I accepted partial responsibility for a neutral or negative review. There were times that the negative experience was primarily my fault. Sometimes the Contractor and I just didn't "click" even though she tried her best. When this occurred, I took responsibility for that in my review.

I think that it is important to keep in mind that a review provides information about a very specific experience on a specific day. Hopefully, the review is not about the Contractor in personal terms as this is not acceptable under any circumstance.

It is also important to understand that any neutral or negative review will get back to the Contractor. Posting a review needs to be done with the understanding that the Contractor being reviewed will see your posted review as some hobbyist will show it to her. Most hobbyist have no integrity at all. They will do anything if they think it will put them in good favor with a Contractor. So, yes, many hobbyists will show a negative review to a Contractor in hopes of being rewarded. Have you heard the saying that "There is no honor among thieves?" Well, it applies to hobbyists as well. Any belief to the contrary is blissful ignorance. This leakage provides even more reason and motivation for the reviewer to provide accurate and respectful reviews.

DMLawPro
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Post by DMLawPro » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:41 am

PJ.... your post was..... umm, err.... colorful!

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Re:

Post by Publisher » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:41 am

wallaby wrote:
Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:48 am
Publisher wrote:It's a service industry, Sir Marsupial, and if a small business owner who, say, services lawn mowers, left out the spark plug half the time, I'd like to know that in advance so I could take my engine elsewhere, since that service Contractor had a likelihood of returning my engine so it wasn't going to start.

Oh wait...
For the in depth, honest, non-biased (yeah right) reviews of products and services people try and find what they can in open forums, but paid services like Consumer Reports and Angies List give more in depth reviews.

The reviews below decks are the equivalent. You need a subscription to read them, and being (supposedly) private they encourage a more honest, frank discussion of service.

I'll read the public reviews and comments in the public forums, but they don't carry anywhere near as much weight as those below.
Right here. Read this if you're thinking 7 cents a day is too much to pay to keep this place going.
- Edmund Burke

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Your City: The Shop in KC, with deliveries to here and there

Re: Ratio out of whack

Post by The_Carpenter » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Pubs,
Can you re-correlate the # of reviews vs # members. But only the active guy members.
Custom woodcraft and specialty transport

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:15 pm

The_Carpenter wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:28 pm
Pubs,
Can you re-correlate the # of reviews vs # members. But only the active guy members.
Is "pathetic" a correlation?

The number of people who sign up, look around for a month, and never share anything is in the area of 90%
- Edmund Burke

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Your City: The Shop in KC, with deliveries to here and there

Post by The_Carpenter » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:07 pm

Yeah,
A sad one.
Well I'll keep posting my dates regardless.
Btw, we have decent whisky over here also
Custom woodcraft and specialty transport

Return to “General Thoughts”