Participation Is Critical

Just our little welcome wagon. This is NOT a place to post advertising, they will be deleted.
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Participation Is Critical

Post by Publisher » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:23 am

In the past month I have received a few odd complaints by email. Odd by my reckoning, any way.

You long-timers have probably noticed that new forums have been getting added slowly over the past three months. Virtually unpopulated in most cases as we start attracting new members.

The "complaint" if you can call it that is that there isn't any participation for the area they are interested in.

Isn't that the cue to pioneer that part of the board?

GBN exists for information exchange not just bathroom reading material.

Dive in. Be a pioneer.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Eastside70
Donor
Donor
Your City: St. Louis

Re: Participation Is Critical

Post by Eastside70 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Publisher wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:23 am
The "complaint" if you can call it that is that there isn't any participation for the area they are interested in.
Sounds like they're a bunch of followers instead of leaders (at least to a degree). Maybe they should take the horse by the reins and start up a discussion in whatever area interests them and see what happens. Sometimes it only takes one to jump start the participation by others.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. ~ Abraham Lincoln

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Eastside70 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 pm
Publisher wrote:
Sounds like they're a bunch of followers instead of leaders (at least to a degree). Maybe they should take the horse by the reins and start up a discussion in whatever area interests them and see what happens. Sometimes it only takes one to jump start the participation by others.
What puzzles me the most is the contractors who sign up giving this "reasoning" instead of just using the 10 free ads.

Imagine that just by showing up you got a free banner on the outside wall at a major league baseball game in the post-season, and just saying "nahhhh..." because you have to supply the banner and the tape.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Eastside70
Donor
Donor

Post by Eastside70 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Publisher wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:28 pm
Eastside70 wrote:
Publisher wrote:
What puzzles me the most is the contractors who sign up giving this "reasoning" instead of just using the 10 free ads.

Imagine that just by showing up you got a free banner on the outside wall at a major league baseball game in the post-season, and just saying "nahhhh..." because you have to supply the banner and the tape.
So they get 10 free ads and all they have to do is provide the ad? They don't sound too driven to me. Not much marketing sense.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. ~ Abraham Lincoln

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Eastside70 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:15 pm
Publisher wrote:
Eastside70 wrote:
Publisher wrote:

So they get 10 free ads and all they have to do is provide the ad? They don't sound too driven to me. Not much marketing sense.
Passing on a freebie. Yep. An ad a week, for ten weeks.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

Eastside70
Donor
Donor

Post by Eastside70 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:59 pm

YAG wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:33 pm
Eastside70 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:15 pm
Publisher wrote:
Eastside70 wrote:
Publisher wrote:

Passing on a freebie. Yep. An ad a week, for ten weeks.
Seems like a no brainer to me, but I'm just a client so what do I know.

MoneykaVegas
Chemical Dealer
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Your City: Chicago

Post by MoneykaVegas » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:44 am

Is there any private gathering's in Las Vegas? Who do I need to reach out to to get some action going on out here?
Moneyka Vegas
:hrt3 From Las Vegas to Chicago...... :hrt3
E-mail: moneykavegas@protonmail.com Cell/Text: 469-640-0699

maxwell
Site Admin

Post by maxwell » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:03 pm

MoneykaVegas wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:44 am
Is there any private gathering's in Las Vegas? Who do I need to reach out to to get some action going on out here?
We've had quite a few new ladies join from that area in the past few months a couple of them have been or were active. There's always gents from here traveling to that area also seems like somebody posts about it every couple weeks they're going to Vegas.

I'll send you an e-mail here in just a bit with a little more information and details on what you can do if you would like to host or put together some kind of a meet-and-greet in that area.

Reefer
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your City: Bloomington

Post by Reefer » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:01 pm

maxwell wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:03 pm
MoneykaVegas wrote:
We've had quite a few new ladies join from that area in the past few months a couple of them have been or were active. There's always gents from here traveling to that area also seems like somebody posts about it every couple weeks they're going to Vegas.

I'll send you an e-mail here in just a bit with a little more information and details on what you can do if you would like to host or put together some kind of a meet-and-greet in that area.
Will be there just after Labor Day
Reefers love to propagate!

maxwell
Site Admin

Post by maxwell » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Reefer wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:01 pm
maxwell wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:03 pm
MoneykaVegas wrote:

Will be there just after Labor Day
As noted above we have many actual gentlemen from the site that travel there also but it was nice of Reefer to warn you he was coming..... :P

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Bump
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:14 am

I find it extremely odd that so many come, read everything they can about their particular geography - but ignore everything else.

Never contributing any input via information exchange - but expecting to find it. Catch 22 means something in that situation.
- Edmund Burke

Karma8791
International Grain Cartel
Your City: Right Here

Post by Karma8791 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 am

I would be interested to know if there's correlation between lookie loos/complainers and certain demographics; mainly age bracket.
To me there seems to be a shift in societal norms in recent years to expect everything but offer nothing. I find it more so with the (in general) under 35 crowd.
I feel it's the social media influence but of course my opinion and fifty cents won't even get you a soda these days. haha
Bottom line is that participation is vital. This is an information board. If you have knowledge....share it.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:27 am

The only accurate demographic I can provide is that they're clustered around Peoria and Des Moines.
- Edmund Burke

scarletknight
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by scarletknight » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:13 pm

Publisher wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:27 am
The only accurate demographic I can provide is that they're clustered around Peoria and Des Moines.
How does that compare with those that do contribute?
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~Calvin & Hobbes

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:16 pm

scarletknight wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:13 pm
Publisher wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:27 am
How does that compare with those that do contribute?
All over the place
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:17 am

November has been even worse.

Wake up folks.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:25 am

I just sent a mass email to people who have registered in November who have joined buy not participated beyond reading the forums.

Nearly 200 new members. With zero contribution to the info flow.
- Edmund Burke

Eastside70
Donor
Donor

Post by Eastside70 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:01 pm

Publisher wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:25 am
I just sent a mass email to people who have registered in November who have joined buy not participated beyond reading the forums.

Now that's extremely sad. Surely one of them would have something to share. Sometimes the info may seem like it's inconsequential to them, but it might be what someone else is looking for.

YAG

Post by YAG » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:20 pm

Eastside70 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:01 pm
Publisher wrote:

Now that's extremely sad. Surely one of them would have something to share. Sometimes the info may seem like it's inconsequential to them, but it might be what someone else is looking for.
I'm sure they DO have information to add. They wouldn't have wandered in here if they weren't at least someone in the know we even exist.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow

lawler2001
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Nowhere special

Post by lawler2001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Publisher wrote:

I read something the other day about the 1% rule. In short, 1% of internet users provide original content, the rest are all lurkers. I can certainly see how that would be true in my case. I usually lurk more than contribute to this place and social media.

BBBoom56

Post by BBBoom56 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:36 pm

I keep trying to participate but the topics that 1) look interesting to me and 2)show recent action, usually end up being someone updating the thread with a “POOF!” And that is frustrating. I will take suggestions on active threads you find interesting.

finman56
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by finman56 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:21 pm

BBBoom56 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:36 pm
I keep trying to participate but the topics that 1) look interesting to me and 2)show recent action, usually end up being someone updating the thread with a “POOF!” And that is frustrating. I will take suggestions on active threads you find interesting.
Well my only comment will be If you see a thread where "POOF" has appeared, it means the Contractor posted something MANY MANY months ago and has NEVER returned. A one post wonder if you may. She will very likely NEVER see your response. Or I could be drunk and don't know what I am talking about.
"Don't ask me no questions and I won't tell you no lies "
"Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in"

YAG

Post by YAG » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:13 pm

BBBoom56 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:36 pm
The POOF does lure people out of the shadow.
Clarence Darrow

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:55 am

I suggest posting an Encounter in your area. We also encourage members to seek information if they find a companion of potential interest. Both of those are within your control, since they will emanate with you.

I do the "POOF" exactly for the reason Yag said - it DOES generate a reappearance of people. And if you contact that person because of it, be sure to let them know where you found them.
- Edmund Burke

DMLawPro
Sponsor
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Post by DMLawPro » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Publisher wrote:

BS - I poop better when i read things on this site....
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

chevytooheavy
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: western Illinois

Post by chevytooheavy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:02 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Publisher wrote:

DM, you are so bad!
I am touched in the head

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Post by vorlon » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:09 am

DMLawPro wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Publisher wrote:

In that case, you should only read GBN in the bathroom.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Honey
Stable Hand
Your City: Detroit surrounding areas

Post by Honey » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:55 am

Im going to be more active on this site! if you have any advice, questions about anything please feel free to DM me !! I look forward to all the new relationships we will make this new year!! God bless yall this new season!

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:18 pm

Advice - come to my cabin for personal tutoring.
- Edmund Burke

DMLawPro
Sponsor
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Post by DMLawPro » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:51 pm

Publisher wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:18 pm
Advice - come to my cabin for personal tutoring.

Sure! - Are you leaving the door unlocked again?
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:29 pm

Im in disbelief.
- Edmund Burke

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:02 pm

Publisher wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:29 pm
Im in disbelief.
Of something in particular?

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Probably lack of participation by 97% of members

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:10 pm

The_Carpenter wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:13 pm
Probably lack of participation by 97% of members
2020. The gift that keeps on giving.

Honey
Stable Hand
Your City: Detroit surrounding areas

Post by Honey » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:12 pm

JUSR REACHING OUT AND SAYING HAPPY New Years TO EVERYONE !! PLEASE BE SAFE !!

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:02 am

Honey wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:12 pm
JUSR REACHING OUT AND SAYING HAPPY New Years TO EVERYONE !! PLEASE BE SAFE !!
Thank you Honey, and that is all it takes to participate.
Happy New Years back at you

richardburrows
Chemical Dealer

Post by richardburrows » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:10 am

Happy New Years
"the burrowing way of life is quite popular amoung the animals"

racing22
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by racing22 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:39 am

I will start making more posts on this forum and thanks for letting me join.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:58 pm

I highly doubt that none of you are both looking at and partaking of local talent, yet fail to report the experience. This universal malaise will be our downfall.
- Edmund Burke

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:50 am

Publisher wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:58 pm
I highly doubt that none of you are both looking at and partaking of local talent, yet fail to report the experience. This universal malaise will be our downfall.
Pubs has a point.
I've noticed that just my Missouri date posts are about even with all of the guys posts in Illinois.
So why am I here? Cause I cut through central Illinois a few times a year. Also, DesMoines and QC. I think I'm the only KC guy that understands the QC acronym

Eastside70
Donor
Donor

Post by Eastside70 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:27 am

Publisher wrote:
Honestly, local STL talent which fits into my budget range and/or quality of what I
look for in a date is few and far between, so I don't bother scheduling a date. I'm extremely picky, so I only have one local who I see regularly, so no use of continually posting about her. I do provide her as a Contractor to see for anyone inquiring about STL companions.

There is one new Contractor to town whom I've contacted once, but she never replied. Granted, her schedule changed where she ended up not being in town on the day I requested, so I'm going to try one more time.

chevytooheavy
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: western Illinois

Post by chevytooheavy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:07 pm

I am damn near celibate. QC talent is almost all gone. Too old to try SKG.
I am touched in the head

scarletknight
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by scarletknight » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:25 pm

Once I am fully vaccinated, and infection rates go down, AND I can get out of the house, I hope to have something to contribute.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~Calvin & Hobbes

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:21 pm

Eastside70 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:27 am
Publisher wrote:
Honestly, local STL talent which fits into my budget range and/or quality of what I
look for in a date is few and far between, so I don't bother scheduling a date. I'm extremely picky, so I only have one local who I see regularly, so no use of continually posting about her. I do provide her as a Contractor to see for anyone inquiring about STL companions.

There is one new Contractor to town whom I've contacted once, but she never replied. Granted, her schedule changed where she ended up not being in town on the day I requested, so I'm going to try one more time.
Tavia signed up last week. I made her an offer I thought was too good to refuse IF she participated on here - No response, and has not returned.
- Edmund Burke

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:12 pm

Pubs,
I've had 3 KC Metro gals look. They are all reviewed here. All have said the same. They're gonna pass cause I'm the only kc guy and they already have me on their dancecard. And, the ones that travel might hit DesMoines, but none hit St. Louis.

Eastside70
Donor
Donor

Post by Eastside70 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:21 am

Publisher wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:21 pm
Eastside70 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:27 am
Publisher wrote:

Tavia signed up last week. I made her an offer I thought was too good to refuse IF she participated on here - No response, and has not returned.

I saw her the other day where we briefly talked about gbn while I answered a couple of her minor questions. I'm not aware of her actively participating on any review board sites nor does she have any work SM. She's a busy woman. She now knows about gbn, so I'd just give her some space and let her proceed, if at all, at her own pace.

YAG

Post by YAG » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:36 pm

The_Carpenter wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:12 pm
Pubs,
I've had 3 KC Metro gals look. They are all reviewed here. All have said the same. They're gonna pass cause I'm the only kc guy and they already have me on their dancecard. And, the ones that travel might hit DesMoines, but none hit St. Louis.
I hope they have a backup plan when Icky goes dark again, and Twitter decides to FUBAR their profession.
Clarence Darrow

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:38 pm

YAG wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:36 pm
The_Carpenter wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:12 pm
Pubs,
I hope they have a backup plan when Icky goes dark again, and Twitter decides to FUBAR their profession.
Yag, you have a good point and btw, that's actually a common discussion item that I hear, and I agree that exxxx has taken a downturn.

Every gal I date is also on P411. Quite a few are on Tryst. Private Delights is starting to get traction in KC also.
Frankly a lot of gals have already left exxxx (sort of). I've been told by a few gals with memberships that they they just lurk nowadays, but use the message system and find the women's room useful for sharing warnings about selected guys.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:55 pm

2021 may be the end. The past 4 months has been almost NOTHING but passerbys. I know many of you readIng the board are out seeing companions.
- Edmund Burke

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:42 pm

I wish I had something to contribute. But for some time now finding new ladies I want to see and that will actually respond to my inquiries has failed all the time. It's very puzzling and frustrating.

scarletknight
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by scarletknight » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:30 pm

Publisher wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:55 pm
2021 may be the end. The past 4 months has been almost NOTHING but passerbys. I know many of you readIng the board are out seeing companions.
I'm not one of them.

RattleHead
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Your City: Beloit, WI

Post by RattleHead » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:06 pm

Publisher wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:55 pm
I've posted reviews of the only 2 ladies I've seen, these past 5 months. I saw Mia back at the beginning of July, and posted a review. Right after that, my summer went to absolute schitt! I didn't even get back up to Madison to see Yuna. I haven't seen her in awhile. :sad2: If Virginia hadn't come back through Wisconsin, Melody ( from Touring Companions ) probably would've been the only lady I saw during the final 5 months of this year. I did manage to see Virginia Vixen twice, since she'll be going back to the Ukraine soon. She said it'll probably be about a year before she comes back to the states.

Return to “Greetings to New Members”