Why are my abilities limited?

A place where the "old hands" here on the Grain Belt News can help you find what you're looking for.
User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21767
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Publisher » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:42 am

In order to keep the spam under control, and to make people be engaged in the info-flow, everyone joining is considered a Newly Registered Member (see you User Profile).

Until you have had five posts approved by a moderator (approval is to keep spam under control) you will not be able to use any of the system resources for contacting other members. After that, the clock will run on whether or not you'll keep those access privileges, or to even access certain parts of the forums (which ones are subject to my whim), but if you don't contribute information OR finances, you'll soon find yourself unable to access anything.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
Fishstick
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Tartar Sauce Factory

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Fishstick » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:39 am

Participate and donate.

Or be shark bait.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23064
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by YAG » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:45 am

Fishstick wrote:Participate and donate.

Or be shark bait.
At least one or the other
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
Poker69
International Grain Cartel
Posts: 6031
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Location: Back Room

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Poker69 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:00 pm

I read the title and thought this was about chasing girls on a peg leg and self gratification with a hook.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21767
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Publisher » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:50 am

Poker69 wrote:I read the title and thought this was about chasing girls on a peg leg and self gratification with a hook.
It's the sport of the chase. And the hook is a challenge, don't you dare start calling it differently abled
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
shyboy69
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 11051
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near everything but close to nothing
Location: Right here for now

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by shyboy69 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:11 am

Fair enough!

Nice guys finish last? Yes we do! Our women always finish first. Multiple times!
My sparkling personality compensates for not being hung like a horse.

MWDude

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by MWDude » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:15 pm

I was gonna say genetics.

User avatar
zero_nerves
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:13 am
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by zero_nerves » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:53 am

Is viewing attachments one of the abilities one needs to pay for? I swear I've been trying to search, and read the FAQs, and read the stickies. Just can't seem to find some itemization of the different roles/abilities and such.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23064
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by YAG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:57 am

zero_nerves wrote:Is viewing attachments one of the abilities one needs to pay for? I swear I've been trying to search, and read the FAQs, and read the stickies. Just can't seem to find some itemization of the different roles/abilities and such.
I occasionally run across the same problem on hand held devices. I chalk it up to too little RAM for the load, reboot, and it goes back to normal.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
zero_nerves
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:13 am
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by zero_nerves » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:06 pm

YAG wrote:
zero_nerves wrote:Is viewing attachments one of the abilities one needs to pay for? I swear I've been trying to search, and read the FAQs, and read the stickies. Just can't seem to find some itemization of the different roles/abilities and such.
I occasionally run across the same problem on hand held devices. I chalk it up to too little RAM for the load, reboot, and it goes back to normal.

Thanks for a quick reply. Not sure if you are joking. I've read enough to know you do joke around a lot. To be clear I'm seeing "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post." And I'm asking if that is because I haven't paid yet.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23064
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by YAG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:09 pm

zero_nerves wrote:
YAG wrote:
zero_nerves wrote:Is viewing attachments one of the abilities one needs to pay for? I swear I've been trying to search, and read the FAQs, and read the stickies. Just can't seem to find some itemization of the different roles/abilities and such.
I occasionally run across the same problem on hand held devices. I chalk it up to too little RAM for the load, reboot, and it goes back to normal.

Thanks for a quick reply. Not sure if you are joking. I've read enough to know you do joke around a lot. To be clear I'm seeing "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post." And I'm asking if that is because I haven't paid yet.
Not joking. Can you give me a specific thread so I can look into it?
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
zero_nerves
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:13 am
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by zero_nerves » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:26 pm

YAG wrote: Not joking. Can you give me a specific thread so I can look into it?
I'd upload a screenshot, but not sure how yet.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62662

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23064
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by YAG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:38 pm

Try now
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
zero_nerves
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:13 am
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by zero_nerves » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:05 pm

YAG wrote:Try now
Yes, now it works!. Thanks! Was it just a bug?

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23064
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by YAG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:05 pm

zero_nerves wrote:
YAG wrote:Try now
Yes, now it works!. Thanks! Was it just a bug?
A mistake
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21767
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Publisher » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Oops
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
relax75
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Des Moines area

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by relax75 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:16 pm

I'm interested in reading what is on the forums but more importantly I would like to read the reviews on the companions posted. Can I donate to get an "all access" pass to the this sight? I only see a Contractor maybe 3-4 times a year I wouldn't post enough to obtain access. I find it easier to donate for access. If you could offer some insight to my option that would be great. Thank you,

Relax75

User avatar
Reefer
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Bloomington
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Reefer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:21 pm

relax75 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:16 pm
I'm interested in reading what is on the forums but more importantly I would like to read the reviews on the companions posted. Can I donate to get an "all access" pass to the this sight? I only see a Contractor maybe 3-4 times a year I wouldn't post enough to obtain access. I find it easier to donate for access. If you could offer some insight to my option that would be great. Thank you,

Relax75
Green button upper right!
Reefers love to propagate!

User avatar
relax75
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Des Moines area

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by relax75 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:38 pm

What's the difference between the different levels of donation?

User avatar
maxwell
Site Admin
Posts: 4270
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Depends on the wind direction
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by maxwell » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:44 pm

relax75 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:38 pm
What's the difference between the different levels of donation?
The different levels come with different title designations (Donor, Advanced Donor, Sustaining Member) it is also a show of how much you value the information you get from the site. If a Sustaining members contacts us for assistance they will get the first attention over a basic donor or non-donor.


You can donate here.

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21767
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Publisher » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:38 pm

maxwell wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:44 pm
relax75 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:38 pm
What's the difference between the different levels of donation?
The different levels come with different title designations (Donor, Advanced Donor, Sustaining Member) it is also a show of how much you value the information you get from the site. If a Sustaining members contacts us for assistance they will get the first attention over a basic donor or non-donor.


You can donate here.
Non-donor is unlikely to get a lot of personal attention. Most questions are addressed viewforum.php?f=111 using the search function.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
supergarth
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:16 am
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central IL

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by supergarth » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:00 am

If you read my newest review, I met a brand new Contractor. I told her to feel free to contact me if she had any questions. She asked me about text she received. A guy contact her to say he wasn’t a paying member on GBN so he couldn’t see her pictures. Then asked her send him some. Am I wrong but you only have to be a member to see posted pictures, right? I’m a donor now so I don’t know if those abilities have been limited to donors only. Before I was a donor I could see pictures so based on that I told her it sounded like BS.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23064
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by YAG » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:46 am

supergarth wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:00 am
If you read my newest review, I met a brand new Contractor. I told her to feel free to contact me if she had any questions. She asked me about text she received. A guy contact her to say he wasn’t a paying member on GBN so he couldn’t see her pictures. Then asked her send him some. Am I wrong but you only have to be a member to see posted pictures, right? I’m a donor now so I don’t know if those abilities have been limited to donors only. Before I was a donor I could see pictures so based on that I told her it sounded like BS.
You have to be registered. If you're a Lookie Loo, you can't see the pictures.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
DMLawPro
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Posts: 15548
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by DMLawPro » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:51 am

supergarth wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:00 am
....... A guy contact her to say he wasn’t a paying member on GBN so he couldn’t see her pictures. Then asked her send him some. .......
Man, I have to start using that line.

User avatar
Jakcool
International Grain Cartel
Posts: 2559
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Pink land
Location: TBD

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Jakcool » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:37 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:51 am
supergarth wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:00 am
....... A guy contact her to say he wasn’t a paying member on GBN so he couldn’t see her pictures. Then asked her send him some. .......
Man, I have to start using that line.
DM :-?
:pirateflag ""You can not unfu_k what has been fu_ked"" :pirateflag
:pirateflag A 7 in my book is a 7 in the Richter Scale for earthquakes :pirateflag

User avatar
corndog
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:15 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: No Man's Land

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by corndog » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:46 am

So, perhaps this has answered my question??

So, I come back here a day later, and I can't search for one of my all-time favorite professional companions..
It appears that function was taken away from me...
Then, I noticed that I can't send a pm to my favorite professional companion...

Please restate these rules which will help other newbies here like myself...
What would be required to get these functions operational for me??

I did find this in the upper right-hand corner of the page...

Minimum For Added Features
Advanced Membership
Sustaining Member Designation

Best Regards,
corndog

User avatar
hegone17
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: QCA
Location: On the good side of the mighty miss

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by hegone17 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:29 am

I would start with is one above in section you found this thread to make the post

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=63731

It really is the first step. Once this is complete access is expanded. Next would be find the verification steps

Good Luck

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21767
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Publisher » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:22 am

corndog wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:46 am
So, perhaps this has answered my question??

So, I come back here a day later, and I can't search for one of my all-time favorite professional companions..
It appears that function was taken away from me...
Then, I noticed that I can't send a pm to my favorite professional companion...

Please restate these rules which will help other newbies here like myself...
What would be required to get these functions operational for me??

I did find this in the upper right-hand corner of the page...

Minimum For Added Features
Advanced Membership
Sustaining Member Designation

Best Regards,
corndog
What do you mean, taken away? You are pending becoming a Lookie Loo, and that restricts access.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
corndog
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:15 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: No Man's Land

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by corndog » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:07 pm

hegone17 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:29 am
I would start with is one above in section you found this thread to make the post

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=63731

It really is the first step. Once this is complete access is expanded. Next would be find the verification steps

Good Luck
Thanks.. I will be checking into that link and figuring out which way I want to donate monetarily..

User avatar
hegone17
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: QCA
Location: On the good side of the mighty miss

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by hegone17 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:57 pm

corndog wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:07 pm
hegone17 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:29 am
I would start with is one above in section you found this thread to make the post

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=63731

It really is the first step. Once this is complete access is expanded. Next would be find the verification steps

Good Luck
Thanks.. I will be checking into that link and figuring out which way I want to donate monetarily..
Atta boy...the ship needs maintenance

User avatar
maxwell
Site Admin
Posts: 4270
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Depends on the wind direction
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by maxwell » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:19 pm

corndog wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:07 pm
hegone17 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:29 am
I would start with is one above in section you found this thread to make the post

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=63731

It really is the first step. Once this is complete access is expanded. Next would be find the verification steps

Good Luck
Thanks.. I will be checking into that link and figuring out which way I want to donate monetarily..
As Pub said you still have forum access but are in "pending LookieLoo" status. Members that have been using the site and resources for 6 month plus with little contribution in the forums and or have not choose to assist with donating will find their abilities limited and eventually suspended.

I hope you do chose to become a donor as you said and consider being more active in the forums were possible.

User avatar
Fishstick
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Tartar Sauce Factory

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Fishstick » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:57 am

Good info . I'm paying attention.

4cowboyup
Stall Mucker
Stall Mucker
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:02 am
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: peoria

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by 4cowboyup » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:15 am

new member finding it hard to navigate here.........no access , make a donation by cc with no easy way to do ?

User avatar
Skookum
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:16 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central IL

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Skookum » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:25 am

4cowboyup wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:15 am
new member finding it hard to navigate here.........no access , make a donation by cc with no easy way to do ?
Here’s a link to make a donation, which is your quickest path to more access:

app.php/page/support-gbn

If you find you’re still having difficulties, please click the “Contact is” link (if you’re using your phone you’ll find it in the drop down menu in the upper left corner of your screen ) and someone will try to provide additional assistance.

User avatar
chrisstl
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:08 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: St. Louis

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by chrisstl » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:56 pm

I'm new to GBN. A lot of good info on this thread for a new member. Thanks!

User avatar
jontron97
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:40 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Somewhere cold and miserable

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by jontron97 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Glad I say this thread, I thought something was wrong with my account. Thanks for the info!

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23064
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by YAG » Wed May 16, 2018 7:10 am

4cowboyup wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:15 am
new member finding it hard to navigate here.........no access , make a donation by cc with no easy way to do ?
Odd that you seem to navigate just fine.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
Rusty806
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:19 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Washburn

Re: Keeping GBN Alive

Post by Rusty806 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:18 am

Please remove my account from gin thanks

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21767
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: Keeping GBN Alive

Post by Publisher » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Rusty806 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:18 am
Please remove my account from gin thanks
http://www.grainbeltnews.com/terms_and_conditions.html

The answer is sure, if you cover the expense.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21767
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Publisher » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:32 pm

4cowboyup wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:15 am
new member finding it hard to navigate here.........no access , make a donation by cc with no easy way to do ?
It's just as easy, and we need your assistance.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=69282
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21767
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Publisher » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Publisher wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:42 am
In order to keep the spam under control, and to make people be engaged in the info-flow, everyone joining is considered a Newly Registered Member (see you User Profile).

Until you have had five posts approved by a moderator (approval is to keep spam under control) you will not be able to use any of the system resources for contacting other members. After that, the clock will run on whether or not you'll keep those access privileges, or to even access certain parts of the forums (which ones are subject to my whim), but if you don't contribute information OR finances, you'll soon find yourself unable to access anything.
Read this. Especially if you got notice of being added as a Lookie Loo, because your continued access is running to its end.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

quadrotriticale
Equipment Operator
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:30 am
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Minneapolis

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by quadrotriticale » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm a newbie but donor, yet I don't know how to get access to topics like Minnesota General, Sugar Daddies ... and also what's Verified Gents?
The seed of life.

User avatar
Karma8791
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 2263
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:54 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Right Here
Location: No place you want to be
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Karma8791 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:56 pm

quadrotriticale wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:28 pm
I'm a newbie but donor, yet I don't know how to get access to topics like Minnesota General, Sugar Daddies ... and also what's Verified Gents?
Quadro, check out this link below on verification

Verification Process

As for the access I’ll have to defer to an admin or a Sr Moderator for that. I’m not sure how to determine that.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23064
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by YAG » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 pm

quadrotriticale wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:28 pm
I'm a newbie but donor, yet I don't know how to get access to topics like Minnesota General, Sugar Daddies ... and also what's Verified Gents?
One of will check the forum permissions
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21767
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: Keeping GBN Alive

Post by Publisher » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Rusty806 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:18 am
Please remove my account from gin thanks
You used the site dozens of times for three months. The answer is "no". Not for free.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
DMLawPro
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Posts: 15548
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by DMLawPro » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Weirdo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 pm
Thank you makes sense.
Finally someone sends me a link that works.

Thanks,
Laila
Yeah, the MODS around here are horrible and inefficient :)
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23064
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by YAG » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:22 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm
Weirdo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 pm
Thank you makes sense.
Finally someone sends me a link that works.

Thanks,
Laila
Yeah, the MODS around here are horrible and inefficient :)
Bite me troll boy.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23064
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by YAG » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:23 pm

Weirdo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:34 pm
DMLawPro wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm
Weirdo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 pm
Thank you makes sense.
Finally someone sends me a link that works.

Thanks,
Laila
Yeah, the MODS around here are horrible and inefficient :)
LOL :)
Do you like American mutts?
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Posts: 12726
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Beyond the Rim

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by vorlon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:26 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm
Weirdo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 pm
Thank you makes sense.
Finally someone sends me a link that works.

Thanks,
Laila
Yeah, the MODS around here are horrible and inefficient :)
You're just upset because we keep disapproving your posts. 8)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

User avatar
Fishstick
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Tartar Sauce Factory

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by Fishstick » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:42 pm

YAG wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:22 pm
DMLawPro wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm
Weirdo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 pm
Thank you makes sense.
Finally someone sends me a link that works.

Thanks,
Laila
Yeah, the MODS around here are horrible and inefficient :)
Bite me troll boy.
Calling names? A violation of website policy? WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS? They all must be busy putting on Salve.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23064
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Why are my abilities limited?

Post by YAG » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:41 pm

Fishstick wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:42 pm
YAG wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:22 pm
DMLawPro wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm
Weirdo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 pm
Thank you makes sense.
Finally someone sends me a link that works.

Thanks,
Laila
Yeah, the MODS around here are horrible and inefficient :)
Bite me troll boy.
Calling names? A violation of website policy? WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS? They all must be busy putting on Salve.
He's our OFFICIAL and PERMITTED troll.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

Post Reply

Return to “Q & A For Newbies”