THIS IS NOT BACKPAGE

How to advertise on the Grain Belt News. READ BEFORE POSTING. Grain Belt News is an information and entertainment portal that permits advertising - not an advertising site with discussion. Ignoring these simple rules has led to apoplectic fits by people who find themselves cut off from the system.
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

THIS IS NOT BACKPAGE

Post by Publisher » Tue May 04, 2010 8:54 pm

You will note the all caps in the title - this is not appropriate here.

You will note a little further down a subject line - Some Tips on Writing Ads- please become familiar with them. Daily advertising WILL get your access privileges revoked. If you aren't organized enough to figure out a schedule for a week at a time, you probably shouldn't advertise here.

Most of us are smart enough to figure out if your schedule for a week will fit within our schedules - you don't need to remind us every day of that schedule - it's annoying AND spamming.

You will note - there are a few rules of decorum and deportment that are expected here - you will find a subject further down called "Rules of the Forums" which are very short and concise.

GBN is a discussion and news portal - with advertising. If you really want to get noticed - participate in one of the thousands of different topics.
Last edited by Publisher on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

MeterMan
International Grain Cartel

Post by MeterMan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:09 am

Publisher wrote:You will note the all caps in the title - this is not appropriate here.

You will note a little further down a subject line - Advertising Policies- please become familiar with them. Daily advertising WILL get your access privileges revoked. If you aren't organized enough to figure out a schedule for a week at a time, you probably shouldn't advertise here.

Most of us are smart enough to figure out if your schedule for a week will fit within our schedules - you don't need to remind us every day of that schedule - it's annoying AND spamming.

You will note - there are a few rules of decorum and deportment that are expected here - you will find a subject further down called "Rules of the Forums" which are very short and concise.

GBN is mainly a discussion and news portal - with advertising. If you really want to get noticed - participate in one of the thousands of different topics.
I've tried to explain this to a couple ladies... It is helpful to them for a couple reasons. We get to know them better, and people don't get the impression that they are only here to take from the community...
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like....and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ---Bilbo Baggins

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:19 am

Publisher wrote:
GBN is a discussion and news portal - with advertising. If you really want to get noticed - participate in one of the thousands of different topics.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

pjpenner

Post by pjpenner » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Publisher wrote:
Publisher wrote:
Since I've been associated with GBN, the ladies who had the most success here are the ones who regularly posted in the forums -- not the ones who continuously advertised.

Ladies, posting regularly in the forums allows the gents the opportunity to get acquainted with you on a mental and psychological level, to some degree. Being smart and being able to express yourself intelligently in the forums is very sexy to many gents. Trust me, the effort more than pays for itself.

The same goes for gents. Intelligent and thoughtful posts in the forums will get you noticed (and even appreciated) by many companions. Do you think this may help in scheduling hobby dates? I know it does.

KyIowa
Grain Mogul

Post by KyIowa » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:21 am

pjpenner wrote:
Publisher wrote:
Since I've been associated with GBN, the ladies who had the most success here are the ones who regularly posted in the forums -- not the ones who continuously advertised. Ladies, posting regularly in the forums allows the gents the opportunity to get acquainted with you on a mental and psychological level, to some degree. Being smart and being able to express yourself intelligently in the forums is very sexy to many gents. Trust me, the effort more than pays for itself.
The same goes for gents. Intelligent and thoughtful posts in the forums will get you noticed (and even appreciated) by many companions. Do you think this may help in scheduling hobby dates? I know it does.
The saddest fact of this ''hobby"/lifestyle is that too many, both companions & actual &\or potetial clients, just do not care!
K'y~iowa! 63yr.o born: 10 October 1950 @ Cedar Rapids, IOWA. {larryakarns@gmail}…{D,MjSy@G:i}

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:39 pm

I've been castigated for being too rough on the ones who do nothing but advertise.

Those who have done so should note that I have not ceased. Doing nothing but advertising is not what we're about. The rules are really really simple. Taking some time to learn them - about 5 minutes - isn't too much of a burden.

And people can choose to use GBN solely for advertising, but there's a pittance of a price for it. Roughly one year of advertising what it costs for a day on some sites.
pjpenner wrote:
Publisher wrote:
Publisher wrote:
Since I've been associated with GBN, the ladies who had the most success here are the ones who regularly posted in the forums -- not the ones who continuously advertised.

Ladies, posting regularly in the forums allows the gents the opportunity to get acquainted with you on a mental and psychological level, to some degree. Being smart and being able to express yourself intelligently in the forums is very sexy to many gents. Trust me, the effort more than pays for itself.

- Edmund Burke

Mydk
Grain Mogul

Post by Mydk » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:42 am

I agree with Pubs I personally like the discussions, and I feel as if I get to know some of these people and would be more comfortable in meeting the because of this...
So what I am fat and look like Fred Flinstone...?
I still like the pretty women...
And thats a problem how????

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:54 am

People are permitted to use the site solely for advertising - but running this joint isn't free.
- Edmund Burke

sweetcody
International Grain Cartel

Post by sweetcody » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:08 am

I can happily provide personal testimony about the positive effects of some of my better posts contributions! It really is a great opportunity to share how multi-faceted we are as people (we aren't limited to a one-dimensional Contractor role here). My sincere thank you to those who've struck up private conversations with me, that have lead to personal encounters, based on a few well placed and well received words.
"The largest erogenous zone in the human body is the Brain, afterall!"
“Just because you're naked doesn't mean you're sexy. Just because you're cynical doesn't mean you're cool.”

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:59 pm

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

You got me with the "House on the Rock" comment. Seriously.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Re: THIS IS NOT CRAIGSLIST OR BACKPAGE REDUX

Post by Publisher » Sun May 31, 2015 9:57 pm

Publisher wrote:You will note the all caps in the title - this is not appropriate here.

You will note a little further down a subject line - Some Tips on Writing Ads- please become familiar with them. Daily advertising WILL get your access privileges revoked. If you aren't organized enough to figure out a schedule for a week at a time, you probably shouldn't advertise here.

GBN is mainly a discussion and news portal - with advertising. If you really want to get noticed - participate in one of the thousands of different topics.
And bump this, too.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Re: THIS IS NOT CRAIGSLIST OR BACKPAGE REDUX

Post by Publisher » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:29 am

Another reminder for the new folks

- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:57 am

I am seeing a number of new female registrations, and on follow up, see that the people linked to those registrations are/have been BP girls.

Read this before you post your first ad. The last one who didn't bother got ripped stem to stern for the low class approach permitted on BP. It is not acceptable here.

Of course, I don't actually expect them to put in the effort to read the rules here, they obviously don't apply to them, right?
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Re: THIS IS NOT BACKPAGE

Post by Publisher » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:33 pm

I've tried, really tried, to get BP advertiser's attention.

Three, today alone, show the laziness typical of BP advertisers.

Not one of those three, even after formal warnings, bothered to read any portion of this section.

You'll not be hearing from them a third time if they repeat.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:35 pm

Time for a bump.

Please note: These advertising rules were here years before you, and likely for years after you sail off to the horizon. Don't expect them to be changed for you.
Publisher wrote:
Tue May 04, 2010 8:54 pm
You will note the all caps in the title - this is not appropriate here.

- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:18 am

This rapid influx of lazy is pissing me off.

We have rules of conduct. Here is the consequence of disregarding them

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=67963#p468580
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:02 pm

Time to bring this up again.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:50 am

Here's a GREAT example of what will get you the shark

🗣 𝕀𝕞 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕒 𝕢𝕦𝕚𝕔𝕜 𝕗𝕚𝕩. 𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕒𝕝𝕤 𝕀𝕞 𝕥𝕣𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕒𝕔𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕙. 𝕀 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕗𝕖𝕣 𝕒 𝕣𝕖𝕘𝕦𝕝𝕒𝕣 𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕓 𝕥𝕨𝕠. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕔𝕔𝕒𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕒𝕤 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕝.🐿🥜 𝕀𝕝𝕝 𝕓 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕖𝕩𝕪 𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕥.🤤🤫 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕤 𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘.😜😩 𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕩 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕣𝕖𝕛𝕦𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕𝕖𝕕.🤯🤯

💬pooɓ os ʇlǝɟ ɹǝʌǝu ʇɥɓnɐu ɓuıǝᙠ💬

Q💧Hh💦 Hr🌊 multiple hours🔥 dinner dates🥂eye candy 🍭private dances💃🏽 day rendezvous🍾 playdate of your choice🍯 2 girls 🍀 and more🎰

GOOᗪ ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ GOOᗪ TIᗰEᔕ GOOᗪ ᐯIᗷEᔕ️️️

ᐯIᑭ TᖇEᗩTᗰEᑎT ᗷY ᗩ ᐯIᑭ ᑭᒪᗩYᗰᗩTE

🌹мondaу-fяidaу 1 ✨150✨ 2 5am-1pm🌹

🌹150 ✨2 ✨250🌹

🅳🅸🆂🅲🅾🆄🅽🆃🆂 🅵🅾🆁...

Mondays, Wednesdays, ☔️ rainy days, regulars, shopping buddies, multiple hrs, overnights, 60+ 🤤

🚯Not 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝒸𝓀 𝒻𝒾𝓍 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒𝑔𝑜𝒶𝓁𝓈𝒾𝓂 𝓉𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽

🚷No 𝒶𝒶

📵No 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓋𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓈

🚱No 𝑒𝓍𝓅𝓁𝒾𝒸𝒾𝓉 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀

45+🤤

𝐼 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝒶𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝓉𝓎𝓅𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝑒𝓃𝒻𝑜𝓇𝒸𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒶𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓎 you 𝒶𝑔𝓇𝑒𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓂𝑒‼️

Independent . Drama free. Safe clean discreet environment. A real person. 💋
- Edmund Burke

Return to “Advertising Policies”