Fishstick
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

Kobe Bryant dead in Helicopter Crash

Post by Fishstick » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Why post a thread if people are going to change the title of your thread ? SMH
Last edited by Fishstick on Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Quad Cities

Re: Helicopter Crash

Post by ShyDaniel » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Sad, his 13 year old kid was with him.

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Re: Kobe Bryant dead in Helicopter Crash

Post by vorlon » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:05 pm

Early reports are that weather may have been a factor.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DMLawPro
Sponsor
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Post by DMLawPro » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:16 pm

Sorry for the Daughter....... As for Kobe.... let's not forget the rape allegation and the cheating on his wife.... Oh, how the "privileged" get away with things......
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:08 am

DMLawPro wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:16 pm
Sorry for the Daughter....... As for Kobe.... let's not forget the rape allegation and the cheating on his wife.... Oh, how the "privileged" get away with things......
Meaning what exactly? I'm not aware of anyone who thinks he was a saint.

DukeOfHazard
International Grain Cartel
Your City: Hazard County

Post by DukeOfHazard » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:07 am

DMLawPro wrote:
Ever heard the term RIP?

As someone that works around athletes I can tell you firsthand there is no need for them (or him) to rape anyone. They could be in bed with 10 gorgeous women every hour of the day if they wanted to. Super superstars such as Kobe could have anyone he wanted that was evenly remotely interested.

Anyway, RIP Kobe and thanks for the memories.

Dr. Hackenbush
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Role: Curious Seeker

Post by Dr. Hackenbush » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:00 am

Let's not forget the other 7 people on that flight :cry:
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners, than cry with the saints -- the sinners are much more fun"

Fishstick
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by Fishstick » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:30 am

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:00 am
Let's not forget the other 7 people on that flight :cry:
That is why I titled the thread " Helicopter Crash ".
The title was obviously changed.

BrianaBourne
Equipment Operator
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Your City: Grand Rapids, MI

Post by BrianaBourne » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:39 am

DMLawPro wrote:
I guess we would be thinking the same thing if it were Bill Cosby? But let's leave the dead with some shred of dignity shall we. He was first and foremost a dedicated father of 4 beautiful daughters. Imagine how you would go on after losing your husband and one of your babies at the same time? Heartbreaking. It's easy to bring up things that people were accused of in the past. But it is more important to keep the good memories, because at the end of the day...it really doesn't matter.
Prayers to everyone who lost their lives and their families. Thank you.
Briana Bourne
"Fear is Stupid...So Are Regrets!" Briana Bourne

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:43 pm

BrianaBourne wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:39 am
DMLawPro wrote:
I guess we would be thinking the same thing if it were Bill Cosby? But let's leave the dead with some shred of dignity shall we. He was first and foremost a dedicated father of 4 beautiful daughters. Imagine how you would go on after losing your husband and one of your babies at the same time? Heartbreaking. It's easy to bring up things that people were accused of in the past. But it is more important to keep the good memories, because at the end of the day...it really doesn't matter.
Briana Bourne
I was not trying to start a fight here... lol No really, i wasn't. Unfortunately, society reveres the "superstars" in the field of sports, television, movies, pop rock artists... etc... While the deaths of these and other individuals are heartbreaking let's not forget their horrendous misgivings....

Will people revere Bill Cosby? Sure. Will people revere Harvey Weinstein? Sure. But society wants to revere these individuals yet turn their back on "jo schmo" who have died in the same or similar circumstances......
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Question for the gallery here......

Do you ever wonder why TMZ ALWAYS gets the 1st scoop on deaths? Or know the reason they get the "scoop?"

I'll let a few respond, then I will let you know........

Tirant_Loblanc
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Tirant_Loblanc » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Three most likely categories given the conditions;

CFIT (Controlled Flight Into Terrain)
LOC (Loss of Control)
Mechanical Failure

Preliminary radar track says final descent rate was 4000 fpm. Even an attempted autorotation would be closer to 2000 fpm. So it is either LOC or a catastrophic structural failure. First question will be: Did all the pieces end up at the crash scene?
Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth.

Charles Kingsley

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:17 pm

Because your subject line contained nearly no information:

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=72594&p=511980&hil ... er#p508734
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:17 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Do you ever wonder why TMZ ALWAYS gets the 1st scoop on deaths? Or know the reason they get the "scoop?"

Probably the most comprehensive army of paprazzi in America.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:31 pm

Tirant_Loblanc wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 pm

LOC (Loss of Control)
Mechanical Failure

Preliminary radar track says final descent rate was 4000 fpm. Even an attempted autorotation would be closer to 2000 fpm. So it is either LOC or a catastrophic structural failure. First question will be: Did all the pieces end up at the crash scene?
From what I have read, the helicopter hit the ground at a high rate of speed and debris was scattered over a pretty good sized area. The weather conditions were bad enough that the local police departments grounded their helicopters. The helicopter was in contact with air traffic control who told the pilot he was too low to be picked up on their radar. The helicopter started climbing and then for some reason started descending fast, followed by the crash.

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:41 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:43 pm
BrianaBourne wrote:
DMLawPro wrote:
Briana Bourne
I was not trying to start a fight here... lol No really, i wasn't. Unfortunately, society reveres the "superstars" in the field of sports, television, movies, pop rock artists... etc... While the deaths of these and other individuals are heartbreaking let's not forget their horrendous misgivings....

Will people revere Bill Cosby? Sure. Will people revere Harvey Weinstein? Sure. But society wants to revere these individuals yet turn their back on "jo schmo" who have died in the same or similar circumstances......
Society is not turning their back on the average person who dies; it's simply that a lot more people know and feel an attachment to well known people in most any field. The deaths of the other 7 people in the helicopter were equally tragic but I didn't watch them play NBA basketball for 20 years or even ever heard of any of them. And even for someone as well known as Kobe Bryant, I think that to the majority of Americans he was simply a name they had heard of and his death had no significant meaning to them.

Tirant_Loblanc
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Tirant_Loblanc » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:04 pm

vorlon wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:31 pm
Tirant_Loblanc wrote:

LOC (Loss of Control)
Mechanical Failure

From what I have read, the helicopter hit the ground at a high rate of speed and debris was scattered over a pretty good sized area. The weather conditions were bad enough that the local police departments grounded their helicopters. The helicopter was in contact with air traffic control who told the pilot he was too low to be picked up on their radar. The helicopter started climbing and then for some reason started descending fast, followed by the crash.
Also, if you listen to the ATC tape you'll hear the controller ask "are you VFR?" This is kind of a Catch-22 since in order to legally comply with his clearance he must remain in VFR weather conditions. So since you really intend to land safely somewhere to answer in the negative probably has consequences.
Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth.

Charles Kingsley

shyboy69
Donor
Donor
Your City: Near everything but close to nothing

Post by shyboy69 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:08 pm

Although I couldn't find it. I was told there was a video out there of the helicopter going down. From what was said. The helicopter was spinning as it went down. Has if the tail rotor was malfunctioning.

Nice guys finish last? Yes we do! Our women always finish first. Multiple times!
My sparkling personality compensates for not being hung like a horse.

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:58 am

My theory.

It was foggy, chopper was flying fast (170 mph), it met a mountain. Pilot error.

Unfortunate....

Edit: I lived in that area, not a place to be flying a chopper in foggy conditions...

DukeOfHazard

Post by DukeOfHazard » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:26 am

Are athletes worthy of idolization? Is anyone worthy of idolization? Tesla, yes. Einstein, yes. Scientists who have made major breakthroughs in regards to eliminating deadly disease and the advancement of society, yes. But we are all sinners and we all make extremely dumb mistakes and those mistakes shouldn’t be our defining moment and the legacy we leave. Kobe played a silly game and was one of the best. He will be remembered for his dedication, hard work and killer instinct. He entertained millions. With all that is thrown at athletes in regards to excess, in a way he should be admired for avoiding the temptations. He stayed married to Vanessa, had four beautiful daughters and from what I hear was a great parent. Those are admirable traits.

shyboy69
Donor
Donor

Post by shyboy69 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:22 am

DukeOfHazard wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:26 am
Are athletes worthy of idolization? Is anyone worthy of idolization? Tesla, yes. Einstein, yes. Scientists who have made major breakthroughs in regards to eliminating deadly disease and the advancement of society, yes. But we are all sinners and we all make extremely dumb mistakes and those mistakes shouldn’t be our defining moment and the legacy we leave. Kobe played a silly game and was one of the best. He will be remembered for his dedication, hard work and killer instinct. He entertained millions. With all that is thrown at athletes in regards to excess, in a way he should be admired for avoiding the temptations. He stayed married to Vanessa, had four beautiful daughters and from what I hear was a great parent. Those are admirable traits.
I wasn't a huge fan of Bryant. I'm not meaning to be overly salty sounding here. All that was said on every sports stations for 2 days was Kobe Bryant. At the end of the day he was a millionaire athlete. Who was a greedy player. Both on and off the court. Past that, he didn't do anything memorable for the country and his passing has no affect on my life. Yes, he straightened out his life. And had a wonderful post NBA life in his family life. There were 3 other young girls on the helicopter as well. I believe 2 were sisters and a mother and father with their daughter. To me the crash was more tragic because of the lost of families. My sympathies goes out to his family and friends and to the family and friends of the rest of the crash victims!!

Nice guys finish last? Yes we do! Our women always finish first. Multiple times!

BrianaBourne
Equipment Operator
Your City: Grand Rapids, MI

Post by BrianaBourne » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:08 am

DMLawPro wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:43 pm
BrianaBourne wrote:
DMLawPro wrote:
Briana Bourne

To be clear sir, I did not think that you were trying to argue, and I totally understand your point. Trust me, I am sure we were all thinking the same thing. You just said it out loud. lol But I also believe in a statue of limitations when it comes to death, and what would or would not be appropriate jokes comments etc. That's all. All good.
Briana Bourne
"Fear is Stupid...So Are Regrets!" Briana Bourne

DukeOfHazard

Post by DukeOfHazard » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:24 pm

shyboy69 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:22 am
DukeOfHazard wrote:
I wasn't a huge fan of Bryant. I'm not meaning to be overly salty sounding here. All that was said on every sports stations for 2 days was Kobe Bryant. At the end of the day he was a millionaire athlete. Who was a greedy player. Both on and off the court. Past that, he didn't do anything memorable for the country and his passing has no affect on my life. Yes, he straightened out his life. And had a wonderful post NBA life in his family life. There were 3 other young girls on the helicopter as well. I believe 2 were sisters and a mother and father with their daughter. To me the crash was more tragic because of the lost of families. My sympathies goes out to his family and friends and to the family and friends of the rest of the crash victims!!
I agree SB. If anything he won the genetics lottery and enjoyed a life that only a few privileged people get to enjoy. I feel bad for all involved.

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Fishstick
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by Fishstick » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:07 pm

If the NBA changes the logo, it should be the best NBA player of all time. Kobe was not the best to play in the NBA. Have a good evening.

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:20 pm

DukeOfHazard wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:24 pm
shyboy69 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:22 am
DukeOfHazard wrote:
I agree SB. If anything he won the genetics lottery and enjoyed a life that only a few privileged people get to enjoy. I feel bad for all involved.
No doubt he was blessed genetically. He also worked his a** off to maximize his talent and he wasn't resting on his laurels after retiring from the NBA either.

Poker69

Post by Poker69 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:40 pm

DMLawPro wrote:

Hey A Hole. Time's up just spill it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Tirant_Loblanc
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Tirant_Loblanc » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:07 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:58 am
My theory.

It was foggy, chopper was flying fast (170 mph), it met a mountain. Pilot error.

Unfortunate....

Edit: I lived in that area, not a place to be flying a chopper in foggy conditions...
(check a couple of posts above for definitions)
I agree that obstacles come at you pretty suddenly at that speed in low visibility. However, if they stick to the 4000 fpm descent it's still more likely LOC than CFIT. The radar interrogates the aircraft transponder (where the best altitude data comes from) about every 5 seconds. So at 4000 fpm given his altitude you don't get many data points.

Also LOC can precipitate in-flight breakup. They'll be onto that pretty early in the investigation though they won't even hint at a conclusion until they are ready.

Charles Kingsley

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:12 am

Poker69 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:40 pm
DMLawPro wrote:

Hey A Hole. Time's up just spill it.
Hey B Hole. Shaddup!

TMZ has a "silent" contract with 1st Responders and TMZ pays VERY well for that information. I find this disgusting as we revel at 1st responders, yet here they are for the almighty dollar with a special hotline to TMZ.

I mean, the Next of Kin have not even been notified by the proper authorities and TMZ is out with names,e tc....

Cases in point. Michael Jackson and Kobe Bryant.....

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:20 am

Tirant_Loblanc wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:07 pm

(check a couple of posts above for definitions)
I agree that obstacles come at you pretty suddenly at that speed in low visibility. However, if they stick to the 4000 fpm descent it's still more likely LOC than CFIT. The radar interrogates the aircraft transponder (where the best altitude data comes from) about every 5 seconds. So at 4000 fpm given his altitude you don't get many data points.

Also LOC can precipitate in-flight breakup. They'll be onto that pretty early in the investigation though they won't even hint at a conclusion until they are ready.
I am good on the abbrevs. Have a couple of hours myself and I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express the other day. lol

Tirant_Loblanc
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Tirant_Loblanc » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:50 am

We'll have to wait for the NTSB. You aren't listening.

Charles Kingsley

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:01 am

Tirant_Loblanc wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:50 am
NTSB is going to have to hypothesize. No Black Box, No Recorder...... Shit, not even a TAWS on board that could have helped....

Pilot error plain and simple.... Should have never taken off or taken that route in those weather conditions.

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:43 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:01 am
Tirant_Loblanc wrote:
NTSB is going to have to hypothesize. No Black Box, No Recorder...... Shit, not even a TAWS on board that could have helped....

Pilot error plain and simple.... Should have never taken off or taken that route in those weather conditions.
Well, since you're an aviation expert now, you could save the NTSB the trouble and tell them what happened.

Fishstick
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by Fishstick » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:03 pm

vorlon wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:43 pm
DMLawPro wrote:
Tirant_Loblanc wrote:

Well, since you're an aviation expert now, you could save the NTSB the trouble and tell them what happened.
On the radio news.... It was pilot error as there was no terrain warning system and poor visibility. So, DM is correct.

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:11 pm

vorlon wrote:
I slept at a Holiday Inn Express. I use something that nowadays is hardly used. Common sense.

funnyguy8558
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your City: Central Illinois corn fields

Post by funnyguy8558 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:01 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:11 pm
vorlon wrote:
I slept at a Holiday Inn Express. I use something that nowadays is hardly used. Common sense.
Stay and sleep smart, I always stay there before doing cross word or sudoku puzzles.
polite, respectful gentleman looking for fun, NO problems NO trouble

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:10 am

Fishstick wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:03 pm
vorlon wrote:
DMLawPro wrote:
Tirant_Loblanc wrote:

On the radio news.... It was pilot error as there was no terrain warning system and poor visibility. So, DM is correct.
No such announcement has been made by the NTSB.

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:11 am

DMLawPro wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:11 pm
vorlon wrote:
Well then, clearly there's no need for an official investigation. Just a waste of resources. Dumb a** pilot f*ucked up. No other reasonable possibility.

Yes, I've read many news stories since the crash. Pilot error is a distinct possibility. But before you go assigning blame, maybe you should wait for the real experts to do their investigation.

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:32 am

vorlon wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:11 am

Well then, clearly there's no need for an official investigation. Just a waste of resources. Dumb a** pilot f*ucked up. No other reasonable possibility.

Yes, I've read many news stories since the crash. Pilot error is a distinct possibility. But before you go assigning blame, maybe you should wait for the real experts to do their investigation.
The NTSB has no choice but to investigate. Waste of resources? Nah, our taxpayer dollars are hard at work. Dumb A pilot? Nope. But should have thought twice about flying at that time.

Pilot error a distinct possibility? Eeek, ok.

I am not assigning blame. I am giving my unfiltered, unbiased, opinion on what that cause was. We can revisit my opinion when the real exerts release their findings....

shyboy69
Donor
Donor

Post by shyboy69 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:30 am

The day this happened. Everyone was talking about it. I personally did not view it. But I was told there was a video of the actual crash. And that the helicopter was in a tailspin as it went down. Which would lead me to believe that the tail rotor was not operating properly. So a mechanical failure.

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:55 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:32 am
vorlon wrote:

The NTSB has no choice but to investigate. Waste of resources? Nah, our taxpayer dollars are hard at work. Dumb A pilot? Nope. But should have thought twice about flying at that time.

Pilot error a distinct possibility? Eeek, ok.

I am not assigning blame. I am giving my unfiltered, unbiased, opinion on what that cause was. We can revisit my opinion when the real exerts release their findings....
You are the one who a few posts earlier said
Pilot error plain and simple
. What is that if not assigning blame?

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:52 pm

vorlon wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:55 pm

I stand behind my prediction...... and uneducated guess.....

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:16 am

DMLawPro wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:52 pm
vorlon wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:55 pm

I stand behind my prediction...... and uneducated guess.....
Now you're starting to understand.

Poker69

Post by Poker69 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:49 am

Vorlon, please go back to facebook with that small sheet.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:39 am

vorlon wrote:

Could It Be?

shyboy69
Donor
Donor

Post by shyboy69 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:45 am

DMLawPro wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:39 am
vorlon wrote:

Could It Be?
That would rule out what I was told and relied here. My apologies guys!

I'm surprised there wasn't some sort of technical difficulties with the craft. I believe it was once owned by the state of Illinois. LOL

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:48 am

DMLawPro wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:39 am
vorlon wrote:

Could It Be?
You still don't get it.

BrookeMonroeOfSFL
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Your City: Touring

Post by BrookeMonroeOfSFL » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:06 pm

Being Born in Los Angeles, California Kobe pretty much is a GOD is CALI, but he was the reason i originally watch basketball .. i love the LA Lakers .. unfortunately i don't like LeBron so this crash made me feel sad for the person who did make me love the game. He may have not been a great person but hey no one is perfect, RIP BlackMamba
954-599-4088
Blondie20000@protonmail.com

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:41 pm

BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:06 pm
Being Born in Los Angeles, California Kobe pretty much is a GOD is CALI, but he was the reason i originally watch basketball .. i love the LA Lakers .. unfortunately i don't like LeBron so this crash made me feel sad for the person who did make me love the game. He may have not been a great person but hey no one is perfect, RIP BlackMamba
I can take his place. I can dribble all over you :)

BrookeMonroeOfSFL
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by BrookeMonroeOfSFL » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:56 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:41 pm
BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
I can take his place. I can dribble all over you :)
Bring it :ymhug:
954-599-4088

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:15 pm

BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
My Laker fandom goes all the way back to the days of Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West. Funny thing is I only briefly lived in California and I was a small child at the time and knew nothing of sports.

BrookeMonroeOfSFL
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by BrookeMonroeOfSFL » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:48 am

vorlon wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:15 pm
BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
My Laker fandom goes all the way back to the days of Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West. Funny thing is I only briefly lived in California and I was a small child at the time and knew nothing of sports.
wow i have no idea who those guys are, but I'm gonna google them :x
954-599-4088

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:29 pm

BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:48 am
vorlon wrote:
BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
The Lakers have a long history of great play and great players dating back to the founding of the league, when they were the Minneapolis Lakers.

BrookeMonroeOfSFL
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by BrookeMonroeOfSFL » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:37 pm

vorlon wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:29 pm
BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
vorlon wrote:
BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
The Lakers have a long history of great play and great players dating back to the founding of the league, when they were the Minneapolis Lakers.

WHAT ?? Minneapolis Lakers !!!! Wow .. I never knew. Thanks for teaching me something that’s pretty cool.
954-599-4088

scarletknight
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by scarletknight » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:53 pm

BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:37 pm
vorlon wrote:
BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
vorlon wrote:
BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
WHAT ?? Minneapolis Lakers !!!! Wow .. I never knew. Thanks for teaching me something that’s pretty cool.
Yep. That's where the name came from - the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~Calvin & Hobbes

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:07 am

Not surprised......

Oh Well....

BrookeMonroeOfSFL
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by BrookeMonroeOfSFL » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:09 pm

scarletknight wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:53 pm
BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:37 pm
vorlon wrote:
BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
vorlon wrote:
BrookeMonroeOfSFL wrote:
Yep. That's where the name came from - the Land of 10,000 Lakes.

Now everything makes sense lol omg !!!!
954-599-4088

Fishstick
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by Fishstick » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:41 pm

vorlon wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:10 am
Fishstick wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:03 pm
vorlon wrote:
DMLawPro wrote:
Tirant_Loblanc wrote:

No such announcement has been made by the NTSB.
NTSB released statement today . I believe DM was correct back then and still is today. That is all.

Tirant_Loblanc
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Tirant_Loblanc » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:14 pm

The text report is not released yet. This is the instructive part of the NTSB 4 hour long hearing,

Continued VFR-into-IMC followed by spatial disorientation caused the crash of a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter that killed basketball star Kobe Bryant and eight others in January 2020, according to NTSB findings revealed at the probable cause hearing on Tuesday.

The weather was marginal VFR along the route when the S-76 departed and while attempting to negotiate cloud-obscured rising terrain near Calabasas, the pilot climbed into a low marine layer and entered a tightening left turn before losing control and crashing into a hillside near the 101 freeway.

The investigators determined that the pilot had been trained to respond to inadvertent entry into IMC by slowing down, climbing, maintaining course and engaging the autopilot. However, he did none of these, except a rapid climb. Upon entering IMC, the pilot initiated a shallow left turn that tightened and transitioned into a rapid descent into the terrain. NTSB investigator-in-charge Bill English said, “The path of the helicopter was not consistent with commitment to the instruments.”

Charles Kingsley

Tirant_Loblanc
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Tirant_Loblanc » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 pm

Tirant_Loblanc wrote:

LOC (Loss of Control)
Mechanical Failure

The weather was marginal VFR along the route when the S-76 departed and while attempting to negotiate cloud-obscured rising terrain near Calabasas, the pilot climbed into a low marine layer and entered a tightening left turn before losing control and crashing into a hillside near the 101 freeway.

Charles Kingsley

Return to “Professional Sports”