Chicago pizza

Anything food & beverage of national or international interest. See local board for special interest, local venues, and local interest.
stilllife
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Madison

Chicago pizza

Post by stilllife » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:09 pm

A friend of mine was kind enough to deliver a 12 inch deep dish from Angelo's in Chicago to Madison. How desperate is that? I've lived in and around Madison most of my life. If I would have known how much good food and fun Illinois people have I would have moved there along time ago. Still Madison has a few stunning attractions worth hanging around for.

YetAnotherHobbist
Donor
Donor

Re: Chicago pizza

Post by YetAnotherHobbist » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 am

I lived in Providence for a number of years, about 2 blocks from a little hole-in-the-wall pizza place that had the most amazing pizzas. The place was called "Pizza Pie-er" (they wanted "Pizza Pizza", but as I understand it they got a cease-and-desist letter, and so had to change the name...). When I visit that area (Boston/Providence/Manchester), I drive down to renew fond memories :-). It's been a while... :-(

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:57 am

stilllife wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:09 pm
A friend of mine was kind enough to deliver a 12 inch deep dish from Angelo's in Chicago to Madison. How desperate is that? I've lived in and around Madison most of my life. If I would have known how much good food and fun Illinois people have I would have moved there along time ago. Still Madison has a few stunning attractions worth hanging around for.
Pequods
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

stilllife
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by stilllife » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:07 pm

Next time

Return to “Food & Beverage”