What are you reading?

You know, reading. It's fundamental.
charlottesweetheart

What are you reading?

Post by charlottesweetheart » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:51 pm

I'm finding myself drawn to reading Robert Anton Wilson's works...especially the Cosmic Trigger series. If you have any interest in consciousness studies, I highly recommend Cosmic Trigger volume I.

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:38 pm

EXCELLENT writer! I love him!
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

YAG

Post by YAG » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:29 pm

I've been re-reading some old favorites in preparation for the release of a novel in the fall.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow

hangdog

Post by hangdog » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert A. Heinlein

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:21 pm

hangdog wrote:Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert A. Heinlein
Excellent novel, perhaps his finest, and definitely one of the finest English-language novels of the 20th Century.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Speeder
International Grain Cartel

Post by Speeder » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:01 am

Lately I've been browsing through the new age of childrens books.

:D
/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

angieluv
Grain Dealer

I am reading...

Post by angieluv » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:02 pm

charlottesweetheart wrote:I'm finding myself drawn to reading Robert Anton Wilson's works...especially the Cosmic Trigger series. If you have any interest in consciousness studies, I highly recommend Cosmic Trigger volume I.
Funny that I opened this thread, because right now I am rereading Cosmic Trigger, Volume II. I also just ordered the entire trilogy for my son, who actually "turned me on to" Robert Anton Wilson. Amazing person, with such a great mind. I could read all his books over and over and get something new out of them every time.

R.I.P. Robert Anton Wilson
Angieluv ;)
XOXO

"I think I could fall madly in bed with you." ~Author Unknown

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."
~~Anonymous

angieluv
Grain Dealer

Post by angieluv » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Speeder22 wrote:Lately I've been browsing through the new age of childrens books.

:D

Wow! I am impressed. Are you sure that reading is not too "deep" for you? ;)
Angieluv ;)
XOXO

~~Anonymous

Mr. Chop

Post by Mr. Chop » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:27 am

The South Beach Diet for the hundredth time.
“Where have they gone?" "Wherever magicians used to go. Behind the sky. On the other side of the rain.”

cedarlooman
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by cedarlooman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:20 am

Looks like I may have to try Mr. Wilson...

I recently bought a nook and every Friday B & N gives you a free book so that has turned me on to some new authors.

Currently I am reading the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik, as well as the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, several comics, and I just finished SuperFreakonomics...and I have 2 newt textbooks for the Fall Semester i need to get to reading :).

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:58 pm

I rarely watch TV these days so the other night when I was bored I picked up The Old Man & the Sea.

Midwest_Nadine
Chemical Dealer

Post by Midwest_Nadine » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Eleven Minutes by Paulo Cohelo and The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson (2nd book of 3 in a series that started with the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo). Other than that, horticulture and arboriculture stuff that I won't bore you with :lol:

angieluv
Grain Dealer

The Help?

Post by angieluv » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Has anyone read The Help, yet? I am hearing so many good things about this author's first novel!

Wow. I just checked Amazon, and this book has 2,419 customer reviews...so far. :)
Angieluv ;)
XOXO

~~Anonymous

YAG

Post by YAG » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm reading The Traveler, a dystopian science fiction novel set in the... well... it might be now...
Clarence Darrow

farmer1
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your Role: Curious Seeker

Post by farmer1 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:25 pm

The book Sex at Dawn that was mentioned in another thread just arrived today so I'll be reading that shortly.

angieluv
Grain Dealer

Post by angieluv » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:44 pm

YAG wrote:I'm reading The Traveler, a dystopian science fiction novel set in the... well... it might be now...

If you like Science Fiction, have you check out Philip K. Dick? Another one of my son's favorite authors, but he has many.

http://www.philipkdick.com/

I have read "The Man in the Castle," "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep," and "Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said." I have watched the movie, "A Scanner Darkly."

Interesting author. I am not big on Science Fiction as a genre, but I definitely like this author's books. He has a very interesting life story, too, including five wives and having strange "visions." Maybe you know about him already, but just in case you or others do not, I thought I would recommend his work to anyone who is interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_K._Dick
Angieluv ;)
XOXO

~~Anonymous

YAG

Post by YAG » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:31 pm

angieluv wrote:
YAG wrote:I'm reading The Traveler, a dystopian science fiction novel set in the... well... it might be now...

If you like Science Fiction, have you check out Philip K. Dick? Another one of my son's favorite authors, but he has many.

I have read "The Man in the Castle," "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep," and "Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said." I have watched the movie, "A Scanner Darkly."

Interesting author. I am not big on Science Fiction as a genre, but I definitely like this author's books. He has a very interesting life story, too, including five wives and having strange "visions." Maybe you know about him already, but just in case you or others do not, I thought I would recommend his work to anyone who is interested.

I've read everything Dick ever published, including all of his short stories. I did a critical paper on him when I was young (shut up you clowns) and I've given talks on his work.
Clarence Darrow

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Cosmo314 wrote:
YAG wrote:
angieluv wrote:

I've read everything Dick ever published, including all of his short stories. I did a critical paper on him when I was young (shut up you clowns) and I've given talks on his work.
You did a paper on Dick? Humm! Makes me wonder...???
*snicker*
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Track

Post by Track » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:28 am

Re: Robert Anton Wilson,

Charlotte, I remember hearing of Wilsdon's daughter Luna's murder...and was and have remained blown away at Wilson's ability to forgive the murderer - not for the murderer's sake, but for Wilson's own! - through Crowley-based heart chakra exercises; I learned of that from Cosmic Trigger.

That was h*u*g*e example to me in the power of forgiveness.

And in passing, Isaac Bonewits, author of Real Magic and mentioned in Cosmic Trigger as being one of the people at the Crowleymas party, is in very poor health and may not last the week.

angieluv
Grain Dealer

Post by angieluv » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:53 pm

YAG wrote:
angieluv wrote:

That is so cool! :)

I have read several interesting articles about him, including an in-depth look at his experience with the vision. My son has "turned me on to" many authors I may not have discovered without him, including Robert Anton Wilson, Philip K. Dick, and a long list of others. He has done the same with music, as we have similar tastes.

A few summers ago, I was on a Vonnegut kick. Another "one of a kind" author whose books are in a class all of their own.
Angieluv ;)
XOXO

~~Anonymous

Track

Post by Track » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Track wrote: And in passing, Isaac Bonewits, author of Real Magic and mentioned in Cosmic Trigger as being one of the people at the Crowleymas party, is in very poor health and may not last the week.
Isaac passed over today.

friskyrick
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by friskyrick » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Sexual Fluidity: Understanding Women`s Love and Desire
by Lisa M. Diamond, Professor of Psychology and Gender Studies at the University of Utah

10 years of interviews with 100 women, and background of same sex studies (or lack thereof) concerning women. And the inadequacies in comparing/linking male and female same sex attractions.

Lisa Diamond--"My aim is to place sexual fluidity in its proper place at the center rather than on the margins of our understanding of female sexuality and its development over the life course."

I was led to this book by another site, a New York Times 2009 article and the new book Sex at Dawn. The latter two mention that the higher the sex drive among men, the more focus they have on their particular orientation. The same for lesbians (although Professor Diamond may disagree somewhat on this). For heterosexual women, the higher the sex drive, the more likely they are to be attracted to both men and women.

turb

Post by turb » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:25 pm

YAG

Post by YAG » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Proving, once again, that the Fairy is right.
Clarence Darrow

turb

Post by turb » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:25 pm

YAG wrote:Proving, once again, that the Fairy is right.
She is rather perceptive

saunders

Post by saunders » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow

I'm always amazed at how such a genius can make the mathematics and quantum physics of M Theory so accessible.

turb

Post by turb » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:58 pm

saunders wrote:The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow

I'm always amazed at how such a genius can make the mathematics and quantum physics of M Theory so accessible.
Huh?

daddyowalt
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by daddyowalt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Just finishing "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest". The third of the girl with the dragon tattoo series by Stieg Larsson. Loved the books too bad he didn't live to write more of them.

YAG

Post by YAG » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:27 pm

I've been pondering picking that up. Was it a good read?
Clarence Darrow

YAG

Post by YAG » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:28 pm

daddyowalt wrote:Just finishing "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest". The third of the girl with the dragon tattoo series by Stieg Larsson. Loved the books too bad he didn't live to write more of them.
And I JUST picked up the first in this series.
Clarence Darrow

saunders

Post by saunders » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:03 pm

YAG wrote:

I liked it, but I'm sort of an amateur fan of M Theory. ( I don't have the mathematics background to really understand it).

YAG

Post by YAG » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:55 pm

saunders wrote:
YAG wrote:

I liked it, but I'm sort of an amateur fan of M Theory. ( I don't have the mathematics background to really understand it).
I can understand bits and pieces of it, and sometimes can figure out parts.
Clarence Darrow

friskyrick
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by friskyrick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:33 pm

I recently read The companion Experience by Rebecca Dakin from England. She specialized in more than one hour encounters, often overnight. Her insights into people are intriguing and she is concise in setting the scene, which I liked.

She mentioned her favorite book, so I read it too-The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists. By Neil Strauss of the New York Times. Fascinating book and this guy is an excellent writer.

One paragraph from the book you all here may find interesting.

"Vision called an companion and paid her $350 an hour. His goal was to be so interesting and seductive that she would pay him to spend the next hour together. He managed to tease her out of eighty dollars at a rate of twenty dollars per hour. They continued to see each other afterward, free of charge."

Good luck with that gents :wink: :D

Nahtynikkey
Donor
Donor
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Your City: Madison

Post by Nahtynikkey » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Midwest_Nadine wrote:Eleven Minutes by Paulo Cohelo and The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson (2nd book of 3 in a series that started with the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo). Other than that, horticulture and arboriculture stuff that I won't bore you with :lol:

LOL.. same here, just finished The Girl Who Played with Fire.. I was halfway through the book when I discovered it was part 2 in a series of 3.. now I have to go back and read 1, but I think I'll read part 3 first, as I hate when books leave you hanging, grrrr....

Midwest_Nadine
Chemical Dealer

Post by Midwest_Nadine » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:37 pm

daddyowalt wrote:Just finishing "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest". The third of the girl with the dragon tattoo series by Stieg Larsson. Loved the books too bad he didn't live to write more of them.
I am getting ready to start that one this weekend...looking forward to it!

Rudbeckia_triloba
Your City: Indianapolis IN

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:41 pm

This past weekend involved me going through Ringworld by Larry Niven, Live Girls by Ray Garton and (most recently) my little brother's copy of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - yes, it's YA fiction, but it's also a damn good "quick read" sort of book.

Perhaps this is a sign I should be doing more schoolwork and less reading, eh? *chuckles*

meatysticks
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by meatysticks » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Last edited by meatysticks on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:This past weekend involved me going through Ringworld by Larry Niven, Live Girls by Ray Garton and (most recently) my little brother's copy of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - yes, it's YA fiction, but it's also a damn good "quick read" sort of book.

Perhaps this is a sign I should be doing more schoolwork and less reading, eh? *chuckles*
Has Mr YAG been influencing your reading choices?
- Edmund Burke

Rudbeckia_triloba

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:42 pm

meatysticks wrote:Loved The Hunger Games trilogy. Reading Let the Great World Spin by Collum mcann, and just finished 19th wife
There's a trilogy? *looks pleased*
The little bro brought it home for a book report and I read half of it in one night - I may have to look into reading the others as well. Thanks for the tip. *grin*

I haven't heard of either of the books you're reading...but I do so happen to like your taste - mind telling me what they're about? I might be looking to expand my reading list...
Publisher wrote:Has Mr YAG been influencing your reading choices?
YAG has been all sorts of a terrible influence lately, as I'm sure you've no doubt noticed. *grins* He does make some enjoyable literary recommendations, though.
I'm actually quite looking forward to my next trip into the area...at least when he leaves me to my own devices he has the good grace to provide me with some rather interesting reading materials, which I suppose is a mark in his favour...

YAG

Post by YAG » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:48 pm

I'll turn you on to William Gibson next. And Greg Bear.

Then spank you.
Clarence Darrow

Rudbeckia_triloba

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:55 pm

YAG wrote:I'll turn you on to William Gibson next. And Greg Bear.

Then spank you.
Promises, promises...

You'll have to catch me first.

meatysticks
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by meatysticks » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:16 am

Last edited by meatysticks on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

rarn2go

Rhino Ranch by Larry McMurtry

Post by rarn2go » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:29 am

Am about a third of the way through McMurtry's (of Lonesome Dove fame) latest. This is the final chapter in the Duane Moore story, which began in 1966 with The Last Picture Show. Thus far this is the most entertaining book of the series. Am very much enjoying it.

Rudbeckia_triloba

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:12 pm

meatysticks wrote:The 19th wife is a fictional account with two narratives, one current day, one during the time of Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and the beginnings of the Mormon Church.

Let the Great World Spin is about a man who walked a tightrope between the towers of the World Trade Center in the 70s. I'm just getting started, but his prose is really lyrical and a joy to read.

Read the rest of the Hunger Games first though ( Catching Fire and Mockingjay ). Real page turners that have something substantial to say about government, media, and the effect of war on children. Couldn't put those books down.
Damn, both of those sound like an awesome way to spend a few days - any chance we could set up a system for me to borrow some of your books?
(as though I need more incentive to see you, right? *chuckles*)

In any case, I'll definitely have to make it through the rest of the Hunger Games first - I finished the first one tonight in a post-anaesthetic state, so I'll probably reread the second half before moving on...but it is a very nuanced book considering the age range it's aimed at - I had almost given up hope that children/YA books nowadays were worth reading.

Speeder

Post by Speeder » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:
In any case, I'll definitely have to make it through the rest of the Hunger Games first - I finished the first one tonight in a post-anaesthetic state, so I'll probably reread the second half before moving on...but it is a very nuanced book considering the age range it's aimed at - I had almost given up hope that children/YA books nowadays were worth reading.

Does it have big print and pop up pictures? Those are very tantalizing, although I would not recommend "The Life and Times of John Holmes" without proper eye protection.

:P
/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

cedarlooman
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by cedarlooman » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:18 pm

meatysticks wrote: Let the Great World Spin is about a man who walked a tightrope between the towers of the World Trade Center in the 70s. I'm just getting started, but his prose is really lyrical and a joy to read.

Read the rest of the Hunger Games first though ( Catching Fire and Mockingjay ). Real page turners that have something substantial to say about government, media, and the effect of war on children. Couldn't put those books down.
The tightrope walk is featured in a documentary that I have had in my Netflix queue and been meaning to watch for the last 3 years called "Man on Wire".
I have the Hunger Games ready to load to my Nook, but have been busy finishing "Under the Dome" (Not bad, somewhat predictable, but few people do mass destruction as well as King and I love how he fleshes out just about every character.) Rereading "Starship Troopers" since I seem to be remembering it wrong--20 years is a long-ass time! Next up is probably "Towers of Midnight" since it comes out in about a week and a half, unless I tackle something short.

Rudbeckia_triloba

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:22 pm

This one's for the kitty.

meatysticks
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by meatysticks » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:39 am

Last edited by meatysticks on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

meatysticks
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by meatysticks » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:57 am

Last edited by meatysticks on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rudbeckia_triloba

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:01 pm

On a lark I re-read Mr Nice - it's the autobiography of Howard Marks; a charismatic and damn likable con-man and prolific British marijuana smuggler in the 1980s.

As the cover reads: "He was Britian's most wanted man. He has just spent seven years in America's toughest penitentiary. You'll like him."
*chuckles*

Speeder

Post by Speeder » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:18 pm

I'll read what she's reading. ;)

/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

YAG

Post by YAG » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:46 pm

Dude, thanks for the idea!
Clarence Darrow

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:47 pm

YAG wrote:Dude, thanks for the idea!
Like you need another.
- Edmund Burke

Speeder

Post by Speeder » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 pm

I'm sorry, but all of my ideas are copyrighted.....please send check via courier.

Thank you....

;)
/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

YAG

Post by YAG » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Speeder22 wrote:
I'm sorry, but all of my ideas are copyrighted.....please send check via courier.

Thank you....

;)
How about taking it out in trade. You can come watch and hold lights.
Clarence Darrow

Speeder

Post by Speeder » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:49 pm

YAG wrote:
Speeder22 wrote:

Thank you....

;)

Throw in a fluffer and you got yourself a deal!

/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Rudbeckia_triloba

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Speeder22 wrote:
YAG wrote:
Speeder22 wrote:

Thank you....

;)

Part of me wants to volunteer for the position...

The other part, however, has read Speeder's posts...

YAG

Post by YAG » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:
Speeder22 wrote:
YAG wrote:
Speeder22 wrote:

Thank you....

;)

We could put him on a leash. With a muzzle.

Clarence Darrow

Rudbeckia_triloba

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm

YAG wrote:
Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:
Speeder22 wrote:
YAG wrote:
Speeder22 wrote:

Thank you....

;)

And then I fluff?

This is getting a bit kinky for me....

YAG

Post by YAG » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:
YAG wrote:
Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:
Speeder22 wrote:
YAG wrote:
Speeder22 wrote:

Thank you....

;)

And then I fluff?

Just a bit, though.
Clarence Darrow

Rudbeckia_triloba

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:38 pm

YAG wrote:
Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:
YAG wrote: We could put him on a leash. With a muzzle.
And then I fluff?

Just a bit, though.
Ah, well...as long as Speeder consents, I'm totally up for it.

Here kitty kitty kitty...

Speeder

Post by Speeder » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 pm

Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:
YAG wrote:
Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:
And then I fluff?

Just a bit, though.

/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Rudbeckia_triloba

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:16 pm

Speeder22 wrote:
Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:
YAG wrote:
Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:
And then I fluff?

Just a bit, though.

Oh, shush. I'm sure you know how it works by now...
and if not, I'm a very gentle teacher.

(Heck, I'll even give you ear scritches...)

cedarlooman
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by cedarlooman » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:
Oh, shush. I'm sure you know how it works by now...
and if not, I'm a very gentle teacher.
Damn, there goes that fantasy :(

YAG

Post by YAG » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm sure she might try to accommodate. Or Speeder, if that's who you meant.
Clarence Darrow

cedarlooman
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by cedarlooman » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:13 pm

YAG wrote:I'm sure she might try to accommodate. Or Speeder, if that's who you meant.
Toss up, stern teacher/librarian...or naughty, I didn't do my homework need to be punished student...although that second one would be a little close to real life, and the next 20 years would be difficult :).

Speeder

Post by Speeder » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:20 pm

cedarlooman wrote:
YAG wrote:I'm sure she might try to accommodate. Or Speeder, if that's who you meant.
...although that second one would be a little close to real life, and the next 20 years would be difficult :).
Pre-booking is essential and no, my rates are NOT negotiable.

call me ;)

/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

YAG

Post by YAG » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Transitions by Iain M. Banks. I feel like i'm coming off mescaline after reading it.
Clarence Darrow

YAG

Post by YAG » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:17 am

Finally started "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" last night, burned through half of it, a real page turner.
Clarence Darrow

meatysticks
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by meatysticks » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Last edited by meatysticks on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

cedarlooman
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by cedarlooman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:51 pm

Just got my copy of SM101 by Jay Wiseman...add that to the reading pile!

Rudbeckia_triloba

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Just finished Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins.

Trying to decide if I want to start Under the Dome by King or if I should start in on the pile of books Polish is giving me...

Well, that's what school breaks are for...thank goodness. :D

iowareader79
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by iowareader79 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:21 am

I just finished The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack, a new alternative history steampunk urban fantasy by Mark Hodder.

Next I'll probably re-read Wild Cards I edited by GRRM if I can find the new re-release edition in the stores today. If not, it'll be Walking the Tree by Kaaron Warren.

Rudbeckia_triloba

Post by Rudbeckia_triloba » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:02 am

iowareader79 wrote:I just finished The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack, a new alternative history steampunk urban fantasy by Mark Hodder.
Any book which requires that many words to describe it can't be all bad. *laughs*
I think I'm going to keep my eyes out for a copy.

iowareader79
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by iowareader79 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Rudbeckia_triloba wrote: Any book which requires that many words to describe it can't be all bad. *laughs*
I think I'm going to keep my eyes out for a copy.
LOL. Well, there's no magic so I suppose I didn't really need to add "urban fantasy". It did feel like it fit though.

Return to “Literature”