Proposed Iowa Prostitution Bill

I highly recommend if you have a thin skin that you do not participate here.
lf1749
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Eastern Iowa

Proposed Iowa Prostitution Bill

Post by lf1749 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Stumbled across this in the news. Fortunately it looks like reasonableness prevailed. Yes, I know that reasonableness and legislation are oxymorons.

A retired state trooper who’s a legislator is calling for crushing the vehicles of men convicted of paying for sex and requiring law enforcement agencies to issue press releases to publicize prostitution arrests.

Makes me want to start looking for a rusted out Geo Metro.

Full story at https://www.radioiowa.com/2018/02/13/bi ... y-for-sex/

John Galt
Registered Curmudgeon
Your Role: Law Enforcement

Re: Proposed Iowa Prostitution Bill

Post by John Galt » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Not sure it made it through funnel. But it was voted down in committee by mistake. They thought this was to publicize the women. If it made it through funnel, it's going to pass. If it's dead this year, it very well could be coming back.
"Our own fight for the West does not begin on the battlefield — it begins with our minds, our wills, & our souls! "

The Warsaw Speech 7/6/2017.

Rynn
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Over There

Post by Rynn » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:38 pm

Just wow, doesn't make any sense at all, not even before reading the 'intended' purpose statement by that guy.

How does punishing clients so harshly stop traffickers?
..like, I could almost see a thread of thought about if they are arrested in the car engaged in prostitution, then sure impound the car .. but those innocent until proven guilty laws, asset forfeiture, etc ..
my immediate thoughts are, screw you I'll take an uber to my appointments to avoid getting my car taken, also how about married guys who register the car in the wife's name, now it can't be seized without even worse treatment of innocent parties .. me I'd go with having your car registered under an LLC or property trust .. both completely legal to do as a private owner, now the state has to seize EphYu Entertainments registered vehicle because of a private citizens actions .. so totally ineffective at it's 'intended' purpose, could even be mitigated from its written purpose ..
also, plead innocent and go to trial with a jury of my peers .. even if you lose, it'll delay the destruction of a $20k piece of property, and might even win since only 2 people(or all those actually involved) should ever know the details of an adult interaction, so prove beyond a reasonable doubt that some guy wasn't loaning his new gf some cash and having totally appropriate couples time together??
"There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"

shyboy69
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Near everything but close to nothing

Post by shyboy69 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Not sure I've ever heard of punishment by destruction of personal property!

Nice guys finish last? Yes we do! Our women always finish first. Multiple times!
My sparkling personality compensates for not being hung like a horse.

cubphan
Donor
Donor

Post by cubphan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:54 pm

Uber is my best friend....:)

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:47 am

Do we get to crush the personal vehicle belonging to a police officer if his arrest fails to pass the test of veracity - i.e. the trial and convictiln of the person arrested?
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

cliff86
Donor
Donor

Post by cliff86 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:33 am

Publisher wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:47 am
Do we get to crush the personal vehicle belonging to a police officer if his arrest fails to pass the test of veracity - i.e. the trial of the person arrested?
Never works that way but plenty of cops could be seeing their cars crushed when they get caught. Or maybe their fellow officers will let them go so what goes around doesn’t come around.

DMLawPro
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Post by DMLawPro » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:53 am

They ain't touchin' the GBN Van!!!!!!!
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

shyboy69
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Near everything but close to nothing

Post by shyboy69 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:19 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:53 am
Screenshot_2018-01-05-13-46-27.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nice guys finish last? Yes we do! Our women always finish first. Multiple times!
My sparkling personality compensates for not being hung like a horse.

Rynn
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Over There

Post by Rynn » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:11 am

shyboy69 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:19 pm
DMLawPro wrote:
ROFL .. _nice! .. I've got some candy to share with legal younger attractive women but 'free' depends I suppose.

And yes, I vote the cops patrol car gets crushed if anything less than conviction, unless he's on foot, horse or currently patrol car-less, then their personal car .. I feel like the city/county will proceed with few 'innocent' pleas if they could risk losing a chunk of change.
"There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:25 am

RynMaru wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:11 am
shyboy69 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:19 pm
DMLawPro wrote:
ROFL .. _nice! .. I've got some candy to share with legal younger attractive women but 'free' depends I suppose.

And yes, I vote the cops patrol car gets crushed if anything less than conviction, unless he's on foot, horse or currently patrol car-less, then their personal car .. I feel like the city/county will proceed with few 'innocent' pleas if they could risk losing a chunk of change.
I disagree on destruction of the taxpayer funded vehicle. Too many cops are having their abberant and criminal behaviors being shielded by tax money.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Return to “Politics and Religion”