FED up with the FED!

I highly recommend if you have a thin skin that you do not participate here.
HarleyJon
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Davenport

FED up with the FED!

Post by HarleyJon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:51 am

Anyone who knows me well knows I'm very political. I'm conservative but don't for one minute let that fact lead you to the assumption that I'm uptight or self-righteous... that being said here I go!

Gun rights activists, NRA etc... can gun manufacturers, or retailers be held accountable for crimes committed by their products?
Brewers and Distilleries, are they held accountable for their products that lead to criminal acts?
Auto industry... are they held accountable for traffic violations? Or because their products are used in crimes?
I think you can see where I'm going with this... so why would webhosting or companions be held responsible for any crimes their consumer/ customers commit?
Today's politicians and voters are easily persuaded by lobbyists and the lack of Common Sense. I think a lot of people have forgotten just what freedom and liberty actually mean. That they come with a price, meaning in order to have them you can't deny others of making choices. Whether they be good or bad. But what we can do is hold each person/individual accountable while leaving the freedom and liberty for others to pursue theirs within the boundary of the law.

Those willing to give up their freedom and liberty for a false sense of security shall and deserve neither!
Sorry for ranting but I'm just blown away at recent events that go totally against our founding fathers idea of what they wanted for us all!
President of the Spinners Club... Wanna Ride?

John Galt
Registered Curmudgeon
Your Role: Law Enforcement

Re: FED up with the FED!

Post by John Galt » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:36 am

Civil Liberty! On! Off!
"Our own fight for the West does not begin on the battlefield — it begins with our minds, our wills, & our souls! "

The Warsaw Speech 7/6/2017.

Rynn
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Over There

Post by Rynn » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:35 am

HarleyJon wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:51 am
I'm conservative and I think .. garbage garbage garbage .. but other stuff about freedom vs safety and a 'Ben Franklin' misquote about freedom and safety
Placeholder text [edit coming later] .. so much to argue with in here .. not the feelings in general cause we actually agree just the fine points I swear. We both want the same things, absolute freedom and absolute safety [let me know if you don't want those]. But the garbage points, .. Like .. rockets are the best way to get to the moon vs 'Bam Pow Alice, straight to the moon!' .. we both want to get there(the moon) but on the surface i feel like it is: science vs domestic violence, as a method of getting there, and that is a false argument .. but still science please. edits later will include things like; can we actually do a gun safety violence study instead of it being illegal for the cdc to study gun violence at all, how about the fact _FACT_ that more than 80% of NRA dues paying members think there need to be stronger or more complete background checks on gun purchases, and background checks on all purchases instead of ignoring that normal requirement during gun shows specifically .. future edits may include comments about how people can't/shouldn't be held responsible for how people use a product[whiskey/gun/megaphone/website] but can be held responsible for who [underage/insane-criminal/foreign-dictator/underage-sex-trafficker] uses a product when the selling party can reasonably be expected to identify the user/customer as such. i.e. everyone should be allowed to express their own views in a free society [legalize and tax; heroin, cocaine, cigarettes, prostitution, and pot] but a single foreign entity shouldn't be allowed to create hundreds of thousands of fake accounts to re-enforce their fake news articles as a legit view and position in society, in a foreign land and _deceive_ millions of people into a false position based on false information. [Trump will save Merica from mexico and china trade wars by bringing back cellphone production to the US; written by the GRU] nor should dwyne-dwight-alib-aba from flint-dubai be allowed to offer 13-16 yr old grls for a premium in their first month of services to anyone who wants bbfs.
[short hand - should CL/BP be held responsible for everyone who offers companion services on their platform - no .. should they be held responsible for a cartel that offers 1000's of underage foreign trafficked girls via their platform, maybe some of them yeah but probably not all of them if they actually tried] .. [there is a line between creating a platform and providing a platform, between hosting a website and running a website .. somewhere in the sauce is the difference between creating a space where people can speak their mind freely without censorship on any topic, and profiting off pimps from detroit sex trafficking 14 yr old mexican girls in a foreign country]
Sadly if you wish to maintain it for yourself and others, absolute freedom comes with a responsibility to guard against abuse of others freedoms and the stewardship of safety for those unable to secure themselves against others abuses. [more edits to come] If everyone could and would live by the Golden Rule, life would be better, but sadly we have to protect ourselves AND others from people who would abuse the implicit trust expressed by the Golden Rule, if we want the freedom extended by it. If not that than it is everyone for themselves and only the rights they bother to enforce with force today are protected for just them. There is a better way and we try, sometimes we move forward and sometimes not, but the goal is always the unattainable, absolute freedom And absolute security for all. We are constantly battling over the balance and distribution of those two goals. [Edits to come probably]
[The OP fails to acknowledge any of the 'good' the individuals in gov'mnt are trying to accomplish as far as protections or freedoms and instead on focuses on possible notional infringements on 'freedoms' in a worse case that have not yet been done or taken to court .. a law could be passed that states sellers of cars are liable for any crimes committed with cars involved, and then the executive branch could enforce that law state to state, but the courts could still strike it down as unconstitutional or an infringement on other rights, or unenforceable due to other laws or concerns, enforceable but under certain circumstances only, or not in the public interests, but rejecting that law doesn't mean we have to allow drunk 14 year olds to buy and drive cars every day though .. selling a car to a clearly drunken 14 yr old could still be a crime, and you could still be liable for whatever they do while drunk immediately after buying it, while they are still clearly drunk under or over legal age .. middle ground somewhere. imnsho]
"There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"

HarleyJon
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your City: Davenport

Post by HarleyJon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 am

LOL I didn't misquote. In order to have done so I would had to actually identify. There as been many snips of how he phrased a similar statement to which he himself repeated publicly a few times and differently I might add... but the basis or point of his statement is accurate. People in fear are quick to give up liberty and freedom only to find out it doesn't protect them from that which they fear. No matter what you do... bad things will happen. Meanwhile those who can handle things with common sense and live by the golden rules are no longer granted a choice. Let's take for example alcohol, a topic labeled prohibition, there is no agruement to be made that it's not responsible for more deaths, injuries, more sickness, more crimes (including sexual), and abuse, than guns or most any other things people are protesting these days. So why are they not marching for "reform"? What happened when they tried prohibition? Did it stop? We're people more safe? Why was it reversed? This new law was an easy fix blanket to a problem that did not regard long standing liberties and is going to cost and tie up tax payers to appease the publics misguided perception and mis-prioritized focus of greater issues. We already have enough laws that they don't seem to be able to enforce for God's sake lol
President of the Spinners Club... Wanna Ride?

DMLawPro
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Post by DMLawPro » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:05 am

HarleyJon wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 am
..........People in fear are quick to give up liberty and freedom only to find out it doesn't protect them from that which they fear. No matter what you do... bad things will happen. .......
Exactly and a quick example is the Parkland Students. They hoot and holla and want change. School now requires "see through" backpacks (which they provide to the students).

Oh, HELL NO the students say. Violation of Privacy!

Which do want? lol
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

finman56
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by finman56 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:55 pm

DMLawPro wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:05 am
HarleyJon wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 am
..........People in fear are quick to give up liberty and freedom only to find out it doesn't protect them from that which they fear. No matter what you do... bad things will happen. .......
Exactly and a quick example is the Parkland Students. They hoot and holla and want change. School now requires "see through" backpacks (which they provide to the students).

Oh, HELL NO the students say. Violation of Privacy!

Which do want? lol
Well they want the repel on the 2nd amendment for starters.

We should remember this by Ben Franklin :“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
"Don't ask me no questions and I won't tell you no lies "
"Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in"

scarletknight
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by scarletknight » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:36 pm

Take it to the Politics and Religion forum.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~Calvin & Hobbes

Return to “Politics and Religion”