VaderDLOTS
Stall Mucker
Stall Mucker
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois

PC gaming: Darksiders Genesis

Post by VaderDLOTS » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:47 pm

I started playing Darksiders Genesis recently, and I have to say it is one of the best 2 player co-op games I've played. The view angles can be a bit annoying, as are the controls at times, but I find it enjoyable.

What have others been playing? Any good recommendations?

ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Quad Cities

Re: PC gaming: Darksiders Genesis

Post by ShyDaniel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Ghost of Tsushima, but on console. It's a good open world game, though a bit repetitive. The sword fighting is fun.

Waiting for Cyberpunk 2077.

VaderDLOTS
Stall Mucker
Stall Mucker

Post by VaderDLOTS » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:44 am

I've heard ghost is good, so I'll probably pick that up on a holiday sale (assuming those happen 🙄). I really enjoyed Divinity Original Sin 2, so I'm cautiously optimistic about Balder's Gate 3. I honestly haven't looked too much into it yet after seeing it's in early release.

Yuna
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion

Post by Yuna » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:06 pm

I was playing divinity original sin 1 and 2 and borderlands 4. I'm a bit behind on video games. Might catch up during the holidays.

VaderDLOTS
Stall Mucker
Stall Mucker

Post by VaderDLOTS » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:15 pm

Yuna wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:06 pm
I was playing divinity original sin 1 and 2 and borderlands 4. I'm a bit behind on video games. Might catch up during the holidays.
I just looked... I have 440 hours booked on divinity original sin 2.... And I'm thinking about starting another campaign :D

ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Quad Cities

Post by ShyDaniel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:08 pm

I have over 1000 hours on Metal Gear Solid 5. I was cheating though. Your "base" in the game collects resources in real time. Meaning, if you don't play the game you don't get credit for the days the game wasn't active. It literally only collects while you are in game. I discovered that I could lay in the back of a delivery truck while the enemy drove around the map (triggering save points along the way). I plugged the controller into my Xbox to charge and let it run 24/7. I ended up with all kinds of cool weapons that I could build. I remember going a few weeks at a time with that stupid game running. I would just sort of forget about it.

I read a crazy article about the creator of the game Hideo Kojima. He initially wanted the final boss battle to take 2 weeks to defeat. 2 weeks of real time playing. That's 336 hours of gaming just for one boss battle! I did play his last game Death Stranding. Not sure I would recommend it, but I enjoyed it a lot.

VaderDLOTS
Stall Mucker
Stall Mucker

Post by VaderDLOTS » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:27 pm

I tried getting into the Metal Gear Solid games, but I found out they weren't for me. It seemed, to me, that there was to sharp of a "failure curve", where if you screwed up, you screwed up bad and were in a world of trouble. Deus Ex, I thought, had the right amount of failure curve where you could tell you were on thin ice, but still able to right the ship so to speak.

PM me if you want my steam username (or xbox or ps as well). I'm going to have about 5 weeks of vacation due to covid shutdown around the new year...

Return to “Gaming”