Gaming - not gambling, per se
racing22
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by racing22 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:04 am

Has anyone been able to play cyberpunk. Been getting a mixed reviews and not playable right now some say. Been thinking about buying, but just wanted to hear if anyone else has played.

ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Quad Cities

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by ShyDaniel » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:15 pm

Didn't see this, I just mentioned this game in your other post.

I've finished it. I only played it on a PS4 base console. I didn't know about the bugs until after it was released. It is glitchy. If you are obsessed over graphics then I would wait until you have the new system or a strong PC. It takes the game awhile to render the graphics, it's embarrassing at times. If you've seen the Youtube clips of the worst examples of this, keep in mind the entire game doesn't look that bad. I didn't mind so much, I play enough retro games that I could tolerate some old PS2 level graphics. It does crash from time to time. I've finished the game, going back and doing a couple alternate endings as well. In all there are two side missions I was not able to complete because of bugs.

The game itself reminds me of a cross between Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. I loved both of those games, even though Fallout 4 was very glitchy. The city is huge, but it's not very populated because the console just simply can't keep up. So a lot of times you'll be in a car driving through downtown in this gigantic city that feels like a ghost town. If you're expecting it to play like a PS3 or a Xbox 360 game then you will probably enjoy it. If you're expecting modern day graphics, forget it.

racing22
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by racing22 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:38 pm

ShyDaniel wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:15 pm

I've finished it. I only played it on a PS4 base console. I didn't know about the bugs until after it was released. It is glitchy. If you are obsessed over graphics then I would wait until you have the new system or a strong PC. It takes the game awhile to render the graphics, it's embarrassing at times. If you've seen the Youtube clips of the worst examples of this, keep in mind the entire game doesn't look that bad. I didn't mind so much, I play enough retro games that I could tolerate some old PS2 level graphics. It does crash from time to time. I've finished the game, going back and doing a couple alternate endings as well. In all there are two side missions I was not able to complete because of bugs.

The game itself reminds me of a cross between Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. I loved both of those games, even though Fallout 4 was very glitchy. The city is huge, but it's not very populated because the console just simply can't keep up. So a lot of times you'll be in a car driving through downtown in this gigantic city that feels like a ghost town. If you're expecting it to play like a PS3 or a Xbox 360 game then you will probably enjoy it. If you're expecting modern day graphics, forget it.
I have been reading different reviews and one review said that someone had seizures playing that game, because of the lightening part? I don’t know if it is true or not. But, I guess some people has been seizures and some people even took back the game. I have been watching walkthroughs of the game.

ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Quad Cities

Post by ShyDaniel » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:37 pm

racing22 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:38 pm
ShyDaniel wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:15 pm

I have been reading different reviews and one review said that someone had seizures playing that game, because of the lightening part? I don’t know if it is true or not. But, I guess some people has been seizures and some people even took back the game. I have been watching walkthroughs of the game.
A lot of people took back the game. It's a pretty interesting story really. This was one of the most anticipated games for a few years now. With all the bugs and glitches the game studio had to offer refunds, they lost 40% of their stock price because of the bad press. There have even been class action lawsuits filed from investors. Honestly, I found Fallout 4 to be just as buggy and I loved that game. It's still playable as long as you're not expecting to see the most amazing game ever.

Maybe it's a rental rather than a buy:)

Return to “Gaming”