Post Holiday surge

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post Holiday surge

Post by YAG » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:49 am

Predictions are the next month to 6 weeks will be a real rough spot in certain areas.

Those who traveled may see some tragic losses in their families and social groups, as the virus got another swirl in the human population.

Anti-vaxxers are getting some harsh backlash as their delusions bite them in the ass. What I didnt know until this past week was that the lamest vaccinated-population numbers are known. They are California, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

Daily death tolls are in pockets, but still huge. The US has, so far, accounted for over 20% of the world wide deaths. That "mask freedom" thing obviously included "freedom to die and kill my neighbors".

There's a ton of grazing land owned by the government in Montana. Lets swap 20 acres for each anti-vaxxers property, and relocate them. Or that "buy Greenland" thing maybe?
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

Dr. Hackenbush
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Role: Curious Seeker

Re: Post Holiday surge

Post by Dr. Hackenbush » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:59 am

Where in the the US are the greatest numbers of COVID death and the highest COVID death rate?? New York and California! Who has the toughest mask laws?? New York and California.
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners, than cry with the saints -- the sinners are much more fun"

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Post by vorlon » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:20 am

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:59 am
Where in the the US are the greatest numbers of COVID death and the highest COVID death rate?? New York and California! Who has the toughest mask laws?? New York and California.
Incorrect. For death rate, New York ranks 2nd, mostly because it was the state hit hardest when the virus first hit the U.S. California ranks 39th.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Your City: The Shop in KC, with deliveries to here and there

Post by The_Carpenter » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:44 pm

New Jersey is #1 at 231 per 100,000
New York #2
Calif way down the list
This data from this morning