Getting vaccinated

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Getting vaccinated

Post by Publisher » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:59 am

I had my first dose of the Pfizer-generated vaccine yesterday.

12 hours later - no side effects besides a general malaise reminiscent to the beginnings of a mild cold onset.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Your City: The Shop in KC, with deliveries to here and there

Re: Getting vaccinated

Post by The_Carpenter » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:05 am

Yes a flu type reaction is to be expected.
I'm going wait until after a string of business stuff is done. Besides there's a 99% of folks ahead of me on the priority list.
My mom got hers, she's late 80s, shook it off in a few hrs and was fine next morning.
Custom woodcraft and specialty transport

Faromir
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Faromir » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:37 am

Things must be better over in IL than here in IA. I try to get an appointment at least 10-20 times a day at CVS, Walgreens, Hy-Vee and my primary care physician’s health system. I got really excited this morning when CVS showed some appointments as being available next week, only to have my hopes dashed when the website wouldn’t let me schedule because it said it couldn’t schedule an appointment for the 2nd dose. Doing a little research, this is common. Not sure if it’s really because they can’t schedule a 2nd dose or just a glitch.

And I might add that the Hy-Vee site SUCKS. I put in the zip code for my community (Cedar Rapids) and it brings up a list of all the Hy-Vee pharmacies within 25 miles. But it makes me select each site individually to see if they have any appointments. So instead of one click to search a 25 mile radius (like CVS & Walgreens) I have to do 20 clicks. Sucky programming.

Yuna
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion

Post by Yuna » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:14 am

I'll be waiting a while for my vaccine. I heard the second dose is the one that knocks the socks off. Haven't heard anything good from anyone who's gotten it.

Eastside70
Donor
Donor
Your City: St. Louis

Post by Eastside70 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:59 am

Yuna wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:14 am
I'll be waiting a while for my vaccine. I heard the second dose is the one that knocks the socks off. Haven't heard anything good from anyone who's gotten it.
I'm waiting too even though I'm qualified due to my job to get it now.

I'm waiting to hear from more people I know who received the vaccine to see what side effects, if any, they encounter. Conducting my own test study of sorts. Lol.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. ~ Abraham Lincoln

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Post by vorlon » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:54 pm

It will be a while for me because of where I am on the priority list. I'll probably start trying to get scheduled for the first dose in March.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:27 pm

My timing for the first dose was specifically arranged that the 2nd dose wouldn't screw up other plans on the 20th day.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

shyboy69
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Near everything but close to nothing

Post by shyboy69 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:17 pm

We know and have been taught that once you have had and recover from a virus. We have the antibodies and will not become ill from the same strand again.

Both of my parents have been tested for COVID before Christmas. My dad took a 6 day hospital later over. But has came ot of it ok.

This is what gets me. My mom's doctor recommended that they both get the vaccine. Because she cause get it again in 6 months. If that's the case, wouldnt they still have the same opportunity to catch it again in 6 months again? Even after getting vaccine. We all know to well the object of a vaccination is the give your body a "small taste". What good will the vaccine do for someone who had already had it?

Nice guys finish last? Yes we do! Our women always finish first. Multiple times!
My sparkling personality compensates for not being hung like a horse.

lf1749
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Eastern Iowa

Post by lf1749 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:23 pm

Yuna wrote:
I had my second dose this week with a couple other people. I'm the only one that didn't get sick from the second dose. All the others ended up missing a day or two of work from the side effects - fever & nausea. I got off lucky!

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:17 pm

shyboy69 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:17 pm
We know and have been taught that once you have had and recover from a virus. We have the antibodies and will not become ill from the same strand again.

Both of my parents have been tested for COVID before Christmas. My dad took a 6 day hospital later over. But has came ot of it ok.

This is what gets me. My mom's doctor recommended that they both get the vaccine. Because she cause get it again in 6 months. If that's the case, wouldnt they still have the same opportunity to catch it again in 6 months again? Even after getting vaccine. We all know to well the object of a vaccination is the give your body a "small taste". What good will the vaccine do for someone who had already had it?
My guys say the antibodies dissipate after a few months.
They were in on the initial testing of the oxford which AstroZ is distributing.
Their take on it is that although additional data is needed, this may turn out to be an annual shot. Not sure if exactly a year or perhaps a bit more frequent.

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:44 pm

shyboy69 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:17 pm

Antibodies can and do wear off and every virus causing disease is different in how much protection antibodies provide. There is already substantial evidence that on the case of COVID-19 the protection antibodies provide doesn't always last that long. Vaccines are also intended to provide longer lasting protection and can also help reduce the severity of the illness if the person does come down with the disease. The bottom line is the more people who are vaccinated, the better off we are as a whole.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:15 am

Long term is still conjecture, but it's not unusual to need boosters, or new formulations.

Side effects, by comparison to the disease? Totally worth it.
- Edmund Burke

cubphan
Donor
Donor

Post by cubphan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:04 pm

The govt, and the media, have done a poor job of explaining details.

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:43 pm

cubphan wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:04 pm
Considering the administration is fighting an uphill battle to get the system BACK in place, you'll have to get whatever details you want by finding them.

MY news sources give me plenty of details. Consider your sources may be inadequate.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:22 pm

YAG wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:43 pm
cubphan wrote:
Considering the administration is fighting an uphill battle to get the system BACK in place, you'll have to get whatever details you want by finding them.

MY news sources give me plenty of details. Consider your sources may be inadequate.
Agreed. I have no problems finding out the details.

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:15 am

vorlon wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:22 pm
YAG wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:43 pm
cubphan wrote:
Agreed. I have no problems finding out the details.
Also agreed, I will note that I get better details from medical pros though than from any news outlet.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:23 pm

Yuna wrote:
You also won't be hearing anything good from the half million who never had the opportunity to have the side effects.
- Edmund Burke

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:43 pm

Publisher wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:23 pm
Yuna wrote:
You also won't be hearing anything good from the half million who never had the opportunity to have the side effects.
Or their family and friends.

Yuna
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Yuna » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:54 am

Oh I should clarify, I'm waiting because I don't meet the criteria and it will be a while until it's my turn (I'm not over 50, no pre existing conditions, and not a front line or essential worker). But I'm also not looking forward to it because of the side effects, but that's better than getting the full effects of covid.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:35 pm

From the few I know who have had the second dose of this vaccine, the side effects are like a bad cold for 3-5 days. I'll find out in just under 2 weeks, I'll report back my experience.
- Edmund Burke

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:08 pm

Actually a live report would be informative.
Thx Pubs

YetAnotherHobbist
Donor
Donor
Your City: Madison

Post by YetAnotherHobbist » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:49 pm

Given the short-term risks, and the few reports of longer-term consequences of catching this virus, the short-term side effects of a vaccine seem to me like a no-brainer risk to take..

The NY Times had a page where one could enter some data about one's health status, and it woudl draw a line of people, highlighting one's place in the line. IIRC, my data placed me about 30% from the end of the line - so I am expecting to waiit 'til the summer for my chance... Rumor has it the number of doses available may balloon towards the summer anyway - so it may be that by then anyone who wants the vaccine can just sign up for it (partly thanks to all the folks who would have been earlier in the queue, but who turned it down...).

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:02 pm

I would argue that Yuna's work would qualify her as essential mental health professional, and thus immediately gain access.

Because of my PT gig, I'm considered an essential worker, and got bumped to the top of the line. Yes, the rules are weird. I'd have thought OTHER issues would have gotten me to the top of the list.
- Edmund Burke

scarletknight
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by scarletknight » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Yuna wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:54 am
Oh I should clarify, I'm waiting because I don't meet the criteria and it will be a while until it's my turn (I'm not over 50, no pre existing conditions, and not a front line or essential worker). But I'm also not looking forward to it because of the side effects, but that's better than getting the full effects of covid.
Well, being over 50 doesn't push you up the line at all, anyway. Must be over 65. I also tried the NY Times tool; it put me at 91/100 for our county. My only consolation there is that tool makes a bunch of assumptions that may or may not be born out.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~Calvin & Hobbes

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:41 am

I'm just assuming I'm nowhere near the front of the line. In a month or so, depending on the news, I'll start looking into it.

shyboy69
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by shyboy69 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:17 am

Word on the street is the second shot will knock your shocks off! Be prepared to become ill for a few days . Fever and all over body aches and pains.

Nice guys finish last? Yes we do! Our women always finish first. Multiple times!

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:58 am

Probably wont be a uniform response, but a range of them. I dont doubt ill be asked to complete a small survey a week later if it doesnt force me to get medical treatment first.
- Edmund Burke

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:11 pm

shyboy69 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:17 am
Word on the street is the second shot will knock your shocks off! Be prepared to become ill for a few days . Fever and all over body aches and pains.
That's worst case. Many people don't have it that bad. But when it's my turn, I plan to expect the worst.

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:46 pm

vorlon wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:11 pm
shyboy69 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:17 am
That's worst case. Many people don't have it that bad. But when it's my turn, I plan to expect the worst.
My mom, late 80s, had the two AZO shots. She shook those off in a few hours.
She said "not as bad as some of the flu shots"
But she was a nurse for her entire life, so maybe the required flu shots for that prepped her for it.

Rtp001
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Rtp001 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:07 pm

My niece in her mid 20’s was mandated to get it as she works on the health care industry.
She was feverish and achy after first shot and had a severe reaction with high fevers and chills after the second shot.
I think I’ll be waiting to get mine!

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:38 am

Rtp001 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:07 pm
My niece in her mid 20’s was mandated to get it as she works on the health care industry.
She was feverish and achy after first shot and had a severe reaction with high fevers and chills after the second shot.
This is exactly why these vaccines are labeled by FDA as emergency use only.
I'm also waiting unless I have to for travel.

These were rushed into production, did not go through the full acceptance process, etc.
So if covid is going to be around forever, the emergency use authorization does actually expire, and the lab guys will have to deal with these reactions. Most reactions have been determined to be "allergic". And yes being worked on for the future versions as it looks like annual shots forever.
Seriously, simply realize that, mumps, chickenpox, scarlet fever, and dozens of other things have been around forever also.

Faromir
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Faromir » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:44 am

Got my first dose, Pfizer. Minimal soreness at the injection site the next day, which was gone by day 2. No systemic symptoms at all. 2nd dose is scheduled for 3 weeks. If they don’t manage to screw things up and I actually get my 2nd dose I’ll report back on my experience.

FWIW I did see improvement in ease of use on some of the pharmacy websites when searching for availability and scheduling my first dose.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:48 am

A friend who has some severe allergies (he carries an Epipen) got the first dose of Pfizer. Nada in the way of reaction except a little tiredness. I think he waited to see how *I* reacted before getting his first dose, and timed it so his second dose will be a week after mine.
- Edmund Burke

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:49 pm

The_Carpenter wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:38 am
Rtp001 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:07 pm
This is exactly why these vaccines are labeled by FDA as emergency use only.
I'm also waiting unless I have to for travel.

These were rushed into production, did not go through the full acceptance process, etc.
So if covid is going to be around forever, the emergency use authorization does actually expire, and the lab guys will have to deal with these reactions. Most reactions have been determined to be "allergic". And yes being worked on for the future versions as it looks like annual shots forever.
Seriously, simply realize that, mumps, chickenpox, scarlet fever, and dozens of other things have been around forever also.
It's not unusual for vaccines to have new versions created after the initial versions for a variety of reasons, including reducing the side effects.

shyboy69
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by shyboy69 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:11 pm

hope the reactions dont get any worse.

I'm not planning on getting a shot. However. If the side effects came in the lines of some weight loss and an increase in girth and length. I'll have to get I'd then.

brewerbob8
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by brewerbob8 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:52 pm

The second shot of the Moderna vaccine is the one that I've been hearing is bad. Not as many issues with Pfizer. I'm at the end of the line and I had covid in Jan anyway (thanks wisconsin), so hopefully they get it figured out before i get the shot.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:22 am

shyboy69 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:11 pm

I'm not planning on getting a shot. However. If the side effects came in the lines of some weight loss and an increase in girth and length. I'll have to get I'd then.
You better be hoping your refusal to get vaccinated doesn't make you another "Dead" statistic, instead of some ludicrous wish.

This is NOT a joking matter. This a life and death matter.
- Edmund Burke

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:55 am

Publisher wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:22 am
shyboy69 wrote:
You better be hoping your refusal to get vaccinated doesn't make you another "Dead" statistic, instead of some ludicrous wish.
This is NOT a joking matter. This a life and death matter.
Agree with Pubs.

And btw, I suspect that in the very near future that a type of internationally approved travel covid pass will happen.
In Europe there are already checkpoints for that at various country borders.
Whether that's a recently tested and don't have it, or have been vaccinated thing.
I had a discussion on exactly this with a couple flying bus waitresses when they let me pour my own coffee at their galley last week.
Their IT guys are already working on software so that the boarding pass scanner can also scan whatever document ends up as a covid pass.

I'm so near the bottom of any priority list that perhaps I'll be able to chose which of the 5 or so types of shots out there I can get, unless the travel bumps me up the list.
I note that the "reaction" stories that have made the news, allergic or whatever, are diminishing and are becoming very low incident rates.
Even the AZO, which was first out, and got some nasty press, has its incident rate rapidly dropping.
Don't get me wrong, some folks will have reactions. But this whole thing is actually becoming similar to a flu shot thing.
And it also looks like probably annual.
I find it interesting to get perspective from multiple sources from various aspects of social and business and I see a convergence of thought on this issue.

Btw, where my mom is, over 200 folks over 70 yrs old, hit the AZO, with only only a few light reactions, one medium reaction, less than last years flu shots. They get one of the big outfits to come in annually to provide shots. Medicare pays the freight 100%.

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:00 pm

shyboy69 wrote:

Thus far, there are half a million Americans dead plus who knows how many more who have gotten seriously ill and may face lengthy recoveries or even permanent organ damage. Even a few days of feeling really bad is a bargain compared to what else could happen.

shyboy69
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by shyboy69 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:17 pm

Everyone in my family has contracted and survived. My siblings and both my parents. Who are in their mid 80s. All before a vaccine was available. And all from somewhere else. So we are part of the 98% + survival rate.

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:21 am

shyboy69 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:17 pm
Everyone in my family has contracted and survived. My siblings and both my parents. Who are in their mid 80s. All before a vaccine was available. And all from somewhere else. So we are part of the 98% + survival rate.
That's not the whole point. It's not just about you and your family. The more people that get vaccinated, the harder it is for the virus to spread. COVID can be caught more than once. Vaccination is generally better than previously having had COVID as far as the immune response goes. The key to stopping the pandemic is getting enough people vaccinated to hopefully achieve herd immunity, which also protects people for whom the vaccine didn't work, people with compromised immune systems etc.

shyboy69
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by shyboy69 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:02 am

vorlon wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:21 am
shyboy69 wrote:
That's not the whole point. It's not just about you and ⁷ family. The more people that get vaccinated, the harder it is for the virus to spread. COVID can be caught more than once. Vaccination is generally better than previously having had COVID as far as the immune response goes. The key to stopping the pandemic is getting enough people vaccinated to hopefully achieve herd immunity, which also protects people for whom the vaccine didn't work, people with compromised immune systems etc.
The purpose of a vaccine is to give your body a small enough taste, as to not become ill, yet still build its natural amenities.

I'll ask you. If you can get it again. How is a vaccination going to help you? Is there a super power to it? If you can get it again after already fighting it off. Again what good is a vaccination?

YetAnotherHobbist
Donor
Donor
Your City: Madison

Post by YetAnotherHobbist » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:17 am

shyboy69 wrote:
You don't mention that you have caught it - just your family. Great to hear that they all caught it and are now ok.

I don't believe we know that there is genetic resistance to this, or whether/how it is inherited - but I guess you could be one of the lucky ones.
Just as easily, you could be the lucky recipient to manifest the recessive genes that make one less resistant to it, instead.

What is the downside to getting the shot, if one hasn't yet caught this virus?

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:42 pm

There is no downside.
Discussion could be presented of adverse reactions, but as time goes by, that incident rate is dropping.

I expect that in the near future shots may be required to travel. So.....

Tirant_Loblanc
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Tirant_Loblanc » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:46 pm

I know about 40 people through work and we all get a notice when somebody gets sick or tests positive. Most of us are working remotely much but not all the time. About 5 have tested positive so far, with 2 of those getting pretty sick. I have one person in my extended family who caught a bad case from his bowling league and went into the hospital at Thanksgiving. He went on a ventilator for 2 weeks and then went to a rehab facility to recover on IV antibiotics and supplemental oxygen. Went back to the hospital due to an infection and finally got home still on oxygen. He just now has been able to ditch his walker. My conclusion is that I'll take the side effects of the vaccine.
Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth.

Charles Kingsley

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:15 pm

2nd dose today. I feel a bit under the weather but no big deal so far
- Edmund Burke

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:31 pm

Pubs,
Let us know Sunday morn

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:59 pm

shyboy69 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:02 am
vorlon wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:21 am
shyboy69 wrote:
That's not the whole point. It's not just about you and your family. The more people that get vaccinated, the harder it is for the virus to spread. COVID can be caught more than once. Vaccination is generally better than previously having had COVID as far as the immune response goes. The key to stopping the pandemic is getting enough people vaccinated to hopefully achieve herd immunity, which also protects people for whom the vaccine didn't work, people with compromised immune systems etc.
The purpose of a vaccine is to give your body a small enough taste, as to not become ill, yet still build its natural amenities.

I'll ask you. If you can get it again. How is a vaccination going to help you? Is there a super power to it? If you can get it again after already fighting it off. Again what good is a vaccination?

You are working under the false belief that vaccines are 100% effective. They are not and there are multiple reasons why that is true. For most people, they seriously tilt the odds in your favor. For some people, and it varies by disease and vaccine, it is less effective or due to health conditions, they cannot take vaccines. But people for whom the vaccines works well help protect those for whom it doesn't by making it much harder for the disease to spread. If you are at serious risk from COVID and the people around you are unvaccinated then your risk of exposure is greater. If those same people have been vaccinated then your risk of exposure is much smaller.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:03 am

The_Carpenter wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:31 pm
Pubs,
Let us know Sunday morn
Still about the same. A little fatigued but that is more likely from a very vigorous day on Friday, and I feel warmish, but not feverish. I'm not going to bother taking my temp.
- Edmund Burke

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:16 am

Publisher wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:03 am
The_Carpenter wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:31 pm
Pubs,
Let us know Sunday morn
Still about the same. A little fatigued but that is more likely from a very vigorous day on Friday, and I feel warmish, but not feverish. I'm not going to bother taking my temp.
We already know the state of your mind and general health considering age, alcohol, feeding the pets, etc.
Hows the arm, the injection point specifically. Actually, the muscle that took the hit.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:17 pm

I am TOTALLY feeling normal. No nothing going on. I feel as good as I did Friday afternoon.
- Edmund Burke

Yuna
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Yuna » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:56 am

Hmm your body should have a reaction, they tell you not to take things like pain killers and fever reducers. Otherwise you won't build a good immunity.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:57 am

I am feeling a mild discomfort body-wise, and my temp is elevated maybe half a degree. My energy runs short, but otherwise, I've worked through worse lots of times. I have a pretty high tolerance for body discomfort, having had arthritis in one knee since I was 15.

I CANT take anything for reducing a fever, not safely. Something about bleeding out internally kinda freaks me out.
- Edmund Burke

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:06 pm

Well stop whining, or jump in for a short swim with Fluffy.

But yeah that sounds about right.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:57 am

Today about the same as yesterday. I imagine I'll be back at 100% versus 95% by Friday.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:59 am

I'm a little worried that I've turned green, grown about 18 inches in height and width, and gained about 500 pounds overnight. I am NOT gonna fit in my pants or shoes.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:00 am

And I"m not keen on the radio station playing in my head, or that my electronics are getting all staticky whenever I get close.
- Edmund Burke

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:23 pm

Publisher wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:00 am
And I"m not keen on the radio station playing in my head, or that my electronics are getting all staticky whenever I get close.
Cut off the two horn antennas that grew, you devil

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:52 pm

Publisher wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:59 am
I'm a little worried that I've turned green, grown about 18 inches in height and width, and gained about 500 pounds overnight. I am NOT gonna fit in my pants or shoes.
In other words, you have become a giant, walking frog.

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:53 pm

Publisher wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:00 am
Look, just change the station and quit whining. You knew there's be side effects.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:32 pm

Will I be able to do unholy things with my tongue?

FYI - I'm almost back to nominal.
- Edmund Burke

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:27 pm

Publisher wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:32 pm
Will I be able to do unholy things with my tongue?

FYI - I'm almost back to nominal.
Word on the street is that you've been doing that for a long time.

Return to “COVID19”