Strength

Post whatever is on your mind, this board will be totally unmoderated other than for language and for disclosure of personal details. NOT for personal attacks which may be libelous in nature. NOT FOR ADVERTISING
CountryGirlChelsea
Chemical Dealer
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Your City: Canton/Peoria area

Strength

Post by CountryGirlChelsea » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:16 am

Good morning everyone!

So recently I’ve started the third and last of the major health procedures I’ve had to endure over the last year. It got me thinking. I was terrified to start this last one. But I thought about everything that gives me the strength to go forward.
My peaceful farm and the ability to walk out and brush the horses whenever I want and all the good things I have in my life including an amazing family support system have been what have kept me going and staying focused.

So when faced with really tough decisions and life choices what gives you strength? What makes you pull up your big girl/boy pants up and say “Let’s do this!!”
“Love has no limits, but it does have a safe word”
“Some of the best moments in life are the ones you can’t tell anyone about”

jaguar1957us
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

Re: Strength

Post by jaguar1957us » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:50 am

Hang in there Chelsea.. Best of luck for a full recovery and a long productive/happy/healthy life.
A pair of nice legs will bring a gentleman to his knees.

Jakcool
International Grain Cartel
Your City: Pink land

Post by Jakcool » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:13 pm

CountryGirlChelsea wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:16 am
Good morning everyone!
So when faced with really tough decisions and life choices what gives you strength? What makes you pull up your big girl/boy pants up and say “Let’s do this!!”
Oh..what a QUESTION! it may need time to come up with full answer tho! To begin with, survival instinct! inherent within each one of us and comes out seconds before your last breath. It is an immense physical and physiological burst of power. It doesn't last for long; your life depends on how you utilize it while it lasts.
:pirateflag ""You can not unfu_k what has been fu_ked"" :pirateflag
:pirateflag A 7 in my book is a 7 in the Richter Scale for earthquakes :pirateflag

CountryGirlChelsea
Chemical Dealer

Post by CountryGirlChelsea » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Jakcool wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:13 pm
Good morning everyone!
Oh..what a QUESTION! it may need time to come up with full answer tho! To begin with, survival instinct! inherent within each one of us and comes out seconds before your last breath. It is an immense physical and physiological burst of power. It doesn't last for long; your life depends on how you utilize it while it lasts.
Sometimes that survival instinct has to last longer. Like months. What’s gets you through that?

Yep. Figure every once in awhile I’d throw out a question or topic to make people think. Plus it’s just fun to hear different answers and what makes people tick!

Jakcool

Post by Jakcool » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:47 pm

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:31 pm
Jakcool wrote:
Good morning everyone!
Sometimes that survival instinct has to last longer. Like months. What’s gets you through that?

Yep. Figure every once in awhile I’d throw out a question or topic to make people think. Plus it’s just fun to hear different answers and what makes people tick!
it will last as long as an eminent and sever threat lasts.. after that it is just your experience and life skills that gets you by.
:pirateflag A 7 in my book is a 7 in the Richter Scale for earthquakes :pirateflag

CountryGirlChelsea
Chemical Dealer

Post by CountryGirlChelsea » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Jakcool wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:47 pm
Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:31 pm
Jakcool wrote:
Good morning everyone!

it will last as long as an eminent and sever threat lasts.. after that it is just your experience and life skills that gets you by.
Very good point. Didn’t think of it that way.

scarletknight
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by scarletknight » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:57 pm

That's a rather deep question. I'm not sure that there's anything specific that gives me strength. I suppose a combination of awareness of support from family and friends, along with a generally optimistic outlook about life helps me find a positive way forward.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~Calvin & Hobbes

cliff86
Donor
Donor

Post by cliff86 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:14 pm

I have honestly pondered this type of thing a lot lately. I had a person I was close to give up a couple years ago and that made me think of what he will never experience; he was very young. There is so much ahead in life that I hope to experience, I think about how permanent his choice was to temporary problems. I also turn to music to bring me up when I’m down.

CountryGirlChelsea
Chemical Dealer

Post by CountryGirlChelsea » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:44 am

Being positive is huge. It’s so hard sometimes but having that support helps.
I now have a huge bucket list of things to experience. Choosing who you associate helps a lot I’ve found out. Anyone that causes problems or drama I just kinda let go of. Choosing to be happy and not upset about stupid stuff that really doesn’t matter in the big picture.
And yes it is a deep question. One of the thoughts I had on my many long drives every week. So I figured that would be my next “getting to know people” topic I’d post.

One thing I discovered through all my trials was that being there for other people really made me happy and helped get me through some rough times. Volunteering is now a very big thing in my life from that.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:50 am

For me, it's just inherent to my nature to be too cantankerous to just give up.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

CountryGirlChelsea
Chemical Dealer

Post by CountryGirlChelsea » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:35 pm

Publisher wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:50 am
I love that!!

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:35 pm
Publisher wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:50 am
I love that!!
It has its pluses and minuses.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Skookum
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Central IL

Post by Skookum » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:29 pm

A strong sense of self-reliance, which I've had to develop from traveling by myself to many foreign places.

Jakcool

Post by Jakcool » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Skookum wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:29 pm
A strong sense of self-reliance, which I've had to develop from traveling by myself to many foreign places.
May I use the same statement ?

CountryGirlChelsea
Chemical Dealer

Post by CountryGirlChelsea » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Skookum wrote:
I use to love to travel by myself! I miss traveling so much. Costa Rica was my favorite!

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:22 pm

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:18 pm
Skookum wrote:
I use to love to travel by myself! I miss traveling so much. Costa Rica was my favorite!
Don't let the trash panda fool you, his travels involve large holes in the ground in the middle of Nowhere.

You have email.
- Edmund Burke

Skookum
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Skookum » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm

Publisher wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:22 pm
Skookum wrote:
Don't let the trash panda fool you, his travels involve large holes in the ground in the middle of Nowhere.

You have email.
So true.

Mr. Chop

Post by Mr. Chop » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:57 pm

My niece and nephew. My family.
“Where have they gone?" "Wherever magicians used to go. Behind the sky. On the other side of the rain.”

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Post by vorlon » Wed May 02, 2018 9:15 pm

Skookum wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm
Publisher wrote:
Skookum wrote:

You have email.
So true.
The large hole part or the email part?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Wed May 02, 2018 9:29 pm

Good morning everyone!

So recently I’ve started the third and last of the major health procedures I’ve had to endure over the last year. It got me thinking. I was terrified to start this last one. But I thought about everything that gives me the strength to go forward.
My peaceful farm and the ability to walk out and brush the horses whenever I want and all the good things I have in my life including an amazing family support system have been what have kept me going and staying focused.

In tough times I prefer (when possible) to think things over and decide what strategy makes the most sense. Once I've done that then It's just a day to day thing to grind through and change when I needs to change. Nothing really spectacular; I just sooner or later (hopefully sooner) get to the point where it becomes clear I need to do something.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

CountryGirlChelsea
Chemical Dealer

Post by CountryGirlChelsea » Wed May 02, 2018 9:43 pm

My choices were very slim for awhile. Either take medication that would make me extremely sick or a good chance I would die. I’m past those meds now thank god! It was aweful.

In the worst days it was very hard to stay positive. But now I can counsel other going through it.

Skookum
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by Skookum » Thu May 03, 2018 4:41 am

vorlon wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 9:15 pm
Skookum wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm
Publisher wrote:
Skookum wrote:

You have email.
So true.
The large hole part or the email part?
The large hole part. It’s my cousin who has found himself in the middle of Knowhere.

Return to “Anything Goes”