Xtreme Xperience Exotic Supercars

For discussion of anything related to or having a motor (for the gear heads)
ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Quad Cities

Xtreme Xperience Exotic Supercars

Post by ShyDaniel » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:54 am

https://www.thextremexperience.com/

Anyone ever try this out? Somebody I know is scratching a car off their bucket list and invited me along. I'm marked down for driving a Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 in Milwaukee in a couple weeks. I can't imagine another scenario in which I'll drive a car like this. 3 laps around a race track.

ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Re: Xtreme Xperience Exotic Supercars

Post by ShyDaniel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Well it did it this past weekend. Upon arrival we sat in a safety class. You pay insurance, but it has a $6k deductible. I had no interest in crashing or scratching that car. Afterwards a few of us took a few laps in a car with a instructor. When he took those tight corners it felt like being on a rollercoaster. After that I drove a Lamborghini. My top speed wasn't too high, still probably the fastest I've ever driven. God damn, those things don't have much headroom. The gas pedal in a Lamborghini is a lot different than the gas pedal in a pickup truck. I could see doing this again if given the opportunity.

hegone17
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Your City: QCA

Post by hegone17 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:09 am

Good to hear it was a worth it experience. What was your top speed?

AttillatheHung
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Somewhere between Here and There

Post by AttillatheHung » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:31 pm

ShyDaniel wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:35 pm
Well it did it this past weekend. Upon arrival we sat in a safety class. You pay insurance, but it has a $6k deductible. I had no interest in crashing or scratching that car. Afterwards a few of us took a few laps in a car with a instructor. When he took those tight corners it felt like being on a rollercoaster. After that I drove a Lamborghini. My top speed wasn't too high, still probably the fastest I've ever driven. God damn, those things don't have much headroom. The gas pedal in a Lamborghini is a lot different than the gas pedal in a pickup truck. I could see doing this again if given the opportunity.
I did the Xtreme Xperience at the Milwaukee Mile last weekend. I drove a Porsche 911 GT3. Like you, the 6K deductible was something I kept in mind. I did the three laps in the pace car first to get a look at the track. I have been to many races at the Mile over the years, and knew there was a road course as part of the infield, but had never seen it. I started out a little slow, got passed by a Lambo, but then got the hang of it. The straight-aways on the oval are incorporated into the road course, but there are a few hard left and hard right turns built in. I had the Porsche up to 115 mph on the straight-aways, but had to get hard on the breaks to make the turns. You don't have a lot of room to wind the car out, the straight-aways are not very long. By the end, I had caught up to the Lambo that passed me, and was on his bumper going into the pits. Instructor who rode along was really good. I bought the video and have watched it a number of times to see what I could have done differently. The whole thing is pricey, but will be the only way I will ever get to drive a $200K super car. Plan on doing it next year.

Yuna
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion

Post by Yuna » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:41 am

Woahhhh! This is absolutely something I want to do! I know how to shift gears on a motorcycle, so I theoretically can drive. But I've always wanted to go on a track. Reminds me of Top Gear and their celebrity of the week segments.

ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by ShyDaniel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:44 am

My top speed was barely over 100. I felt far more comfortable with the track during the third lap. I think the track is designed with enough turns that we couldn't go too fast. Even though they're insured, I can't imagine what would happen to their premiums if someone wiped out and got hurt bad. I'm definitely doing it next year. It's a good excuse to visit Milwaukee anyway. I didn't have to shift gears in the Lambo. It's all paddle shift, but also automatic.

YetAnotherHobbist
Donor
Donor
Your City: Madison

Post by YetAnotherHobbist » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Ah! I did not know there was an independent place that offered this kind of thing.
My brother told me that BMW has a program with a couple of locations (NC I think is one of then, CA the other one?). IIRC, it is a two-day driving school. You bring your own BMW, or I think you can rent one there, and you get a day of classes (both theory and practice?) and a day of practice on their race track. At the end of the class, you get to drive one of their top-end cars (I think with one of their instructors).

AttillatheHung
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Somewhere between Here and There

Post by AttillatheHung » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:38 pm

Yuna wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:41 am
Woahhhh! This is absolutely something I want to do! I know how to shift gears on a motorcycle, so I theoretically can drive. But I've always wanted to go on a track. Reminds me of Top Gear and their celebrity of the week segments.
Yuna, you won't need to know how to shift. The cars all are set up in automatic mode, although I think you could paddle shift if you knew how. They want you to focus on the driving and staying on the track. Besides, they would probably burn up a lot of transmissions if they were manual only. They will be back at the Milwaukee Mile next summer, they are taking advanced reservations, but they have not established any firm dates yet. I think they also visit a track in the Chicago area.

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:12 pm

I watched David Letterman driving a 700 HP station wagon on a Formula 1 track today, with the current reigning top driver both in the passenger seat, then showing Letterman how to REALLY drive this thing.

I think Letterman wet himself as the passenger.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

Eastside70
Donor
Donor
Your City: St. Louis

Post by Eastside70 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:49 am

Always wanted to do this. They're coming to STL next summer. Already started to look into it, so we'll see.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. ~ Abraham Lincoln

chevytooheavy
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Quad cities

Post by chevytooheavy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:54 am

I may have to add this to my bucket list.
I have driven my own hot rod on a NASCAR track. That was a hoot.
I am touched in the head

Eastside70
Donor
Donor
Your City: St. Louis

Post by Eastside70 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:46 am

chevytooheavy wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:54 am
I may have to add this to my bucket list.
I have driven my own hot rod on a NASCAR track. That was a hoot.
I've driven a relatives Classic Chevy for 1 lap around Indianapolis Motor Speedway during a Goodguys event years ago. Now that was quite an unforgettable experience.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. ~ Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Cars, Trucks & Motorcycles”