Is there something in the water in Cedar Rapids?

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Is there something in the water in Cedar Rapids?

Post by Publisher » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:25 am

From my perspective, I experience a disproportionate level of cheapskates, weirdos, and flat out thieves out of there.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

maxwell
Site Admin

Re: Is there something in the water in Cedar Rapids?

Post by maxwell » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:15 pm

Publisher wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:25 am
From my perspective, I experience a disproportionate level of cheapskates, weirdos, and flat out thieves out of there.
That's why it is called Crapids. If Jocelyn did not live there it would have no value at all.

Hotrod57
International Grain Cartel

Post by Hotrod57 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:15 am

maxwell wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:15 pm
Publisher wrote:
That's why it is called Crapids. If Jocelyn did not live there it would have no value at all.
Really dude? Extremely disrespectful to those of us that live in CR and contribute to this board.
I'm not totally useless. I can be used as a bad example.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:33 am

I wasn't making a blanket statement. But, mine is based on the disproportionate numbers of those who have literally lifted cash out of my personal pocket, try to get unlimited free access here, and have displayed aberrant behavior.

Some of the folks I've met or who live there are actually pretty great people.

Champaign, too, has its disproportionate level of weirdos. It's probably the college town phenomanon.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Hotrod57

Post by Hotrod57 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:20 pm

Publisher wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:33 am
I wasn't making a blanket statement. But, mine is based on the disproportionate numbers of those who have literally lifted cash out of my personal pocket, try to get unlimited free access here, and have displayed aberrant behavior.

Some of the folks I've met or who live there are actually pretty great people.

Champaign, too, has its disproportionate level of weirdos. It's probably the college town phenomenon.
Used to be a pretty solid little group in CR. Lots of reviews and information came from that group. Most of those guys are still around and playing, but are not members here. In part this is due to the Central Illinois focus. In part due to exactly the attitude expressed by Max and in the past, by others. Comments like Crapids is IMHO out of line and not what I would expect on this board. I've seen it from Jocelyn many times and wonder why she stays in a town she seems to detest.
I'm not totally useless. I can be used as a bad example.

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:34 pm

The "focus" is mainly because of the active members being started in the area, and spread to adjoining states.

I know some of the CR crowd decided hanging with the swiftly defunct Springfield-based group is why they initially jumped ship.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

growman47
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by growman47 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:18 pm

Thank you Hot Rod. Comments like Max made are out of line. I think there are problem people everywhere. Lets keep it positive.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:56 pm

Peoria has more cheapskates. Champaign more weirdos. The combination is what stands out.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:15 pm

I discussed Maxwell's comment with him, and he will address it once he has reliable internet access.

Yes, I also find his comment out of line, and very unlike him in the years that I've known him. I'm sure there is a reason, but I'll leave it to him to explain.
- Edmund Burke

DMLawPro
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Post by DMLawPro » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:34 pm

Hotrod57 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:15 am
maxwell wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:15 pm
Publisher wrote:
Really dude? Extremely disrespectful to those of us that live in CR and contribute to this board.
All cities have their level of cheapskates, wierdos, and thieves unfortunately.

You boys can carry on now....... At least I didn't start this one..... lol
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

maxwell
Site Admin

Post by maxwell » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:37 am

My comments were a little bit too brief I believe and should have been more specific. My opinions are based on the years I spent living there durring two different periods of my life. Was not intended as an insult or put down to the area but I think It did come across that way.

I still think one the best parts of Cedar Rapids is our lovely Miss Jocelyn but I should included the fact that there are several other ladies that Help enhance the area also

growman47
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by growman47 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:09 am

Thanks for adding that Max. I agree on Jocelyn and the others! Have a good day!

Poker69

Post by Poker69 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:20 am

GBN has met some pretty cool people from the CR WL IC area. When they were here they made good contributions. The ones I'm thinking of are gone and probably others are here now but I don't know who is from where.

The competition with Iowa stands though. Yuna is only allowed across the border for a short while and then she has to get right back over here. And beware the Power of Fighting Illini.
Last edited by Poker69 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

DMLawPro
Your City: West of The Nile

Post by DMLawPro » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:24 am

I actually thought Pubs comment (yeah, he started this) were about the people in general that live in CR, not hobbyists, companions, etc... from this board.

I may have been mistaken. I make mistakes...

Oh well.... Always enjoyed the earlier spats with the Ioweenies..... roflmao
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

growman47
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by growman47 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:26 am

I am thrilled to see the lovely Miss Yuna crossing the border, unfortunately I will miss her. As far as the Fighting Illini, I'm all for them except for November 23!

funnyguy8558
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Central Illinois corn fields

Post by funnyguy8558 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:33 am

All cities large and small have their fare share of cheapskates, weirdos and thieves, seems to be the new norm in today's society. It is unfortunate that society has turned to that nature.
polite, respectful gentleman looking for fun, NO problems NO trouble

chevytooheavy
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Quad cities

Post by chevytooheavy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:00 am

Generalizations are generally wrong.

I learned years ago to try not to do this.

When you generalize, the ones guilty think "Who me?"

The innocent say "Why is he blaming me?"

Or at least I generally think this. :wink:
I am touched in the head

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Post by vorlon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:29 pm

funnyguy8558 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:33 am
All cities large and small have their fare share of cheapskates, weirdos and thieves, seems to be the new norm in today's society. It is unfortunate that society has turned to that nature.
I don't think any of those things are new; it's been part of the human condition as long as we've been around.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

nematoda
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by nematoda » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:38 pm

Cedar Rapids has Jocelyn, always worth it, and Kelsey Belle, a bi-yearly excursion, but beyond that, fewer companions. I have been hobbying in the area for a little over 10 years, and I found that its 20 or so miles off I-80 seems a lot farther in attracting ladies. As such, most of my early visits involved finding the time to go to Iowa City or QCA for traveling ladies.

For a few years I made the rounds to all the AMPs and was a frequent contributor on that forum. But the forum closed, like many of the places, so I moved on.

Since then, I have found that Dancer's Ranch has been able to meet my needs and budget. By becoming a regular, I have cultivated relationships with several of the dancers and it has lead to some nice experiences. I still try to reserve time once a year for repeating with one or two traveling ladies, but seeing new ladies gets harder when my references are a couple years too old and the usual complaint--small windows of opportunity. The ladies are in DSM for a day, QCA for a day, etc.

Turning this into a more existential reflection, the past year I have contemplated not renewing my membership. It took a couple years to go from member to donor to advanced verified donor, but I seem to be using the site less and contributing even less. I am rotating between a couple dancers and an under the radar SA. I enjoy the site and still think it is valuable, just not sure if it is valuable for me.

In the long run, I have found Cedar Rapids works well enough, probably better if one lives in the area, than it would be to make a special trip.

Sorry for the length; hope this helps.

funnyguy8558
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Central Illinois corn fields

Post by funnyguy8558 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:03 pm

Something in the water? No more farming chemicals than any other community that uses the Cedar River as a water supply.
polite, respectful gentleman looking for fun, NO problems NO trouble

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:23 am

nematoda wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:38 pm
Cedar Rapids has Jocelyn, always worth it, and Kelsey Belle, a bi-yearly excursion, but beyond that, fewer companions. I have been hobbying in the area for a little over 10 years, and I found that its 20 or so miles off I-80 seems a lot farther in attracting ladies. As such, most of my early visits involved finding the time to go to Iowa City or QCA for traveling ladies.

For a few years I made the rounds to all the AMPs and was a frequent contributor on that forum. But the forum closed, like many of the places, so I moved on.

Since then, I have found that Dancer's Ranch has been able to meet my needs and budget. By becoming a regular, I have cultivated relationships with several of the dancers and it has lead to some nice experiences. I still try to reserve time once a year for repeating with one or two traveling ladies, but seeing new ladies gets harder when my references are a couple years too old and the usual complaint--small windows of opportunity. The ladies are in DSM for a day, QCA for a day, etc.

Turning this into a more existential reflection, the past year I have contemplated not renewing my membership. It took a couple years to go from member to donor to advanced verified donor, but I seem to be using the site less and contributing even less. I am rotating between a couple dancers and an under the radar SA. I enjoy the site and still think it is valuable, just not sure if it is valuable for me.

In the long run, I have found Cedar Rapids works well enough, probably better if one lives in the area, than it would be to make a special trip.

Sorry for the length; hope this helps.
Keep in mind the donor level membership works out to less than a dime a day. You never know when the ones you are seeing regularly can vanish.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Debra_Hollander
Grain Mogul
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion

I've been visiting CR for a few years now.

Post by Debra_Hollander » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:48 am

Granted, I'm only in the area for a day or two at a time BUT.... not only have the vast majority of clients I've met been very lovely gentlemen, I've had nothing but positive experiences when wandering around the city itself.

Whether at a local restaurant, park, or a touristy spot, I've encountered nothing but friendly people.

I once had a slight vehicle issue and not only the employees at Casey's, but also a couple random customers, were incredibly kind and helpful.

Cedar Rapids is definitely my favorite smaller city!
P411 ID# P182216

Omaha 7/1-3
Madison 7/7
GreenBay 7/8-9
Milwaukee 7/9-10
Wichita 7/14
Topeka 7/15
KC 7/16-17
Quads 7/22
CedarRapids 7/23
DesMoines 7/24
GrandRapids 7/27
Detroit 7/28-30

bekpic

Post by bekpic » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:30 am

Publisher wrote:
Why you think that?

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:47 pm

bekpic wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:30 am
Publisher wrote:
Why you think that?
Make this a sentence with a proper verb tense and I'll answer.
- Edmund Burke

Return to “General Complaints”