What makes a good client.

Tips, hints, and general venting
User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 22642
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

What makes a good client.

Post by YAG » Sat May 16, 2009 9:36 am

I got this from another board I am on, and thought it would be a nice thing to post here. The gent that posted this previously on the other board, got this from a Yahoo group he is on. I think it is a good start to good relationship with a lady.

What Makes a Good Client?

Almost everything that makes a client ‘good’ is motivated by respect for the companion. A good client…

1. RECOGNIZES THE companion AS AN INDIVIDUAL.
First and foremost, a good client is a man who recognizes that his paid companion is an individual woman and he respects her as a person. This usually requires some maturity in the client (which is why a lot of escorts don’t want to see men under 30), along with having had some solid relationships with women (also part of the reason for the 30-and-over rule). Often, men who haven’t had much experience with escorts don’t understand this concept. They see escorts as a commodity or service and not as a personal relationship. With enough experiences, or meeting the right companion, they usually realize their mistake in perception and change their ideas about the person they pay for companionship.

Some men refuse to see any companion as more than a living sex doll. These men are almost universally loathed by escorts. Good clients realize that they’re arranging to meet a person and start a relationship, much like dating. They view the search for an companion as informed blind-dating, not shopping for tires.

2. PAYS CORRECTLY. A good client shows his respect in two tangible ways. He always pays the correct amount without any fuss and he is clean. Many escorts require payment up front in an envelope. A good client understands her rules and follows them to the letter (this usually involves not drawing attention to the moment). This establishes a lot of trust with her and he shows that he respects the way she chooses to run her business. (There are escorts who don’t require payment up front, but a client who does so anyway always wins points.) Even if he chooses to pay at the end of their time, he does so quickly and without a lot of discussion. It goes without saying that the amount is always correct.

3. HE IS CLEAN. This is not always possible for a client coming straight from the office or an airplane. In that case, he will take advantage of any shower facilities he or the companion has available. It’s only polite and a good client is polite! Many escorts like to keep mouthwash or sample-sized toothbrushes/toothpaste handy as well. A good client intuitively knows why those items are there and uses them if he needs to.

4. DOESN’T HAGGLE. A good client does not haggle or negotiate. An companion’s rates are her rates. Period. If he wants a better deal, he can become a regular client and try to negotiate from there (with a better chance of success) or he searches for someone within his financial range. All escorts are luxury items, no matter what they actually charge. A paid companion is not a basic necessity for life. Good clients recognize payment for what it is – a charge for an out-of-the-ordinary personal experience. In the US it’s considered rude to haggle. I don’t know about other countries.

5. …doesn’t push boundaries. A good client does not try to push boundaries. A good client doesn’t try to force his way past whatever boundary lines, BE IT EMOTIONAL OR PHYSICAL, an companion decides to draw in her work. Some men think such boundaries are there as a personal challenge. Others feel they can use money as a tool to bribe their way past the comfort zone. These men aren’t good clients. A good client respects his companion and realizes there’s a reason for how she structures her work. An companion can create any number of boundaries for herself – from safer sex to intimacy to travel arrangements; she makes her decisions based on what she feels is best for her well-being. There are clients who are invited to cross the lines. (They’re always good clients, which is why they get the invitation in the first place.) Her safer sex practices should never be flexible, but she may feel comfortable enough to relax some of her other boundaries. A good client is a man who recognizes that the lady leads this dance and waits for her to bring him further into her comfort zone.

6. …UNDERSTANDS SCREENING!! A good client understands why an companion needs to screen and willingly shares the information she requests. Of course, good clients are also worried about what happens with their information. They will do their best to find escorts that seem reputable, reliable, selective, discreet and trustworthy. An companion who wants to attract good clients will make sure she doesn’t cause doubts in an already-skeptical potential client. Men who don’t care about an companion’s safety won’t be willing to give even minimal screening information. They aren’t good clients.

7. …respects an companion’s time. A good client is respectful of an companion’s time. He doesn’t waste her time with endless e-mails/phone calls before meeting (unless she openly encourages the correspondence). He doesn’t waste her time with numerous cancellations and rescheduling. He doesn’t break an appointment without calling first. He is on time for appointments; not early, not late. Nor does he try to extend his allotted time with her (he can ask, but she may have other plans). If she doesn’t like last-minute appointments, or appointments on certain days/times, he doesn’t make those requests. In short, a good client treats an companion’s time as valuable to her; much as his time is probably valuable to him.

8. …is discreet. A good client is discreet. Many escorts don’t like explicit reviews or don’t allow any reviews. A good client will respect her wishes about reviews and behave accordingly. Discretion also extends to any time they spend together in public. No companion wants attention drawn to her while she’s with a client. Likewise, she doesn’t like spending time with an overly-prying client. Although a good client is genuinely interested in his companion, he understands the line between personal interest and being intrusive.

9. ..understands the mystery of chemistry. A good client recognizes that this is a very personal business. Sometimes people have chemistry, and sometimes they don’t. Not everyone will always get along with everyone else. Sometimes the client grates on the companion’s nerves. Sometimes she can’t find his wavelength. Good clients understand that professional escorts make every effort to make him happy. And if they don’t click; it wasn’t meant to be. Although they probably will not see this particular companion again, good clients capable of recognizing these concepts. Such mismatches are not reflections on either party. (I’m simply talking about a lack of magic happening, not instances where either party was harmed in some way.) …is good company. A good client is nearly always a positive person. Misery may love company, but company does not really like hanging around misery. Some men visit escorts precisely because they need cheering up. But a constantly depressed client who never seems to enjoy the attention they receive from their companions will never be a favored client. They may be harmless in every other way, but a miserable person is a miserable person. Escorts enjoy feeling like they’ve made a difference, even if for a small amount of time. An always-gloomy client ends up depressing his companion as well. Clients who are extremely sexist, racist or whose personal beliefs make an companion uncomfortable probably won’t be considered good clients. Of course, this is a personality mismatch and every companion has different levels of tolerance.

10. …doesn’t need to make bribes. Good clients are not necessarily the ones who tip or bring gifts. Often they are. But sometimes tippers or gift-bearers do this because they know they’re difficult to deal with and are trying to smooth the way. For most escorts, a man is a good client because of the quality of his company and not the quality of his material gifts. …sees the companion more than once. Nearly all good clients become good clients by seeing an companion fairly often. Building a relationship takes time and once is usually not enough to produce more than a fond memory. Of course, a first visit that lasts several hours or days goes a much longer way to establishing the relationship than one or two hours.

11. The Final Factor What makes a good client often has a lot to do with what the companion wants out of a client. Although the factors I list seem to be pretty universal, the final factor of what makes a good client is the companion in question. One man could see two different escorts and behave in a completely polite and respectful manner with both; yet one companion will like him more than the other companion. It comes down to personality. After all, this is a people business.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
tomcatrider
Equipment Operator
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Windsor Heights, IA
Contact:

Post by tomcatrider » Sat May 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Thank you for posting this. Back in my late 20's/early 30's I visited a number ladies, and while I was always polite and followed most of these rules I realize now that there were more than likely a few times where I tried pushing boundaries that were not meant to be pushed. While I would like to make amends to these particular ladies, chances of me ever running in to them are about zero.

I'm 43 now, and would like to think that I have learned a few things over the last decade or so. Actually, after reading this, I basically said "doy" to myself.

I have only seen one lady since moving to Iowa 6 years ago and that was Couture last summer (and the memory just brought a smile to my face...). Even now, I realize that I partially broke one of these "common sense" rules, but she was gracious enough to let it slide, and I learned from the experience.

I can only say one thing - to all you newbies out there (myself included), it is never too late to learn from your past mistakes. Admit that you've made one, and don't do it again. 'Nuf said.

alaxe

Post by alaxe » Wed May 27, 2009 10:12 am

Its too bad everybody has to screen like their at the petagon anymore,I,ve been a Contractor for 20 years, sounds weird but I do things a diffrent. I go by my feelings about the person & I do verifiy but they nerver know I,ve done it, because lets face it LE can get around screening I,ve heard on a ladies only forum were this happend, besides If I don,t feel right I,m not going to see you anyway :)

ImpalingYou

Post by ImpalingYou » Wed May 27, 2009 10:22 am

JohnCOmaha wrote:...but hopefully it's okay to just be a decent guy who pays what is expected and is always respectful and considerate.
I second that. And add that I'm a *complete* newbie to the hobby, and will have to use a verification service up front. Just another hit to my meager resources...

On the other hand, I will gladly contribute to GBN when I can. This is one of the best communities I've ever been involved with. Of course, that could be that I can finally let loose a little... :)
Last edited by ImpalingYou on Wed May 27, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 22642
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Post by YAG » Wed May 27, 2009 3:06 pm

JohnCOmaha wrote:I'm definitely outside the norm here. I don't have much experience at all, and the thought of being a regular seems remote.
Not to worry, even the very few ladies who I see regularly call me irregular.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

ImpalingYou

Post by ImpalingYou » Wed May 27, 2009 3:14 pm

YAG wrote:
JohnCOmaha wrote:I'm definitely outside the norm here. I don't have much experience at all, and the thought of being a regular seems remote.
Not to worry, even the very few ladies who I see regularly call me irregular.
Bran muffins and Metamucil... That'll fix you right up!

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 22642
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Post by YAG » Wed May 27, 2009 3:37 pm

skidaway wrote:
YAG wrote:
katie35 wrote:
skidaway wrote:
just be a decent guy who pays what is expected and is always respectful and considerate.
You hit the nail on the head with that statement. If you act like an ass then you will be treated like one so why not treat people the way you want to be treated! I always try to be kind, considerate, and respectful! :)

Angel, you are a PRO at that! The flowers you brought are in full bloom and just beautiful. Clearly, you completely understand how to treat a lady. It's so much more than sex, and you my dear understand that.
Whoa... he impressed her! Good job!
Thanks YAG for the compliment! :D
As you age you get more mature and you learn how to treat people with respect and dignity. At my ripe old age I now know what it takes! 8)
Buddy, you're going to be a TOUGH act to follow.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 22642
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Post by YAG » Wed May 27, 2009 4:06 pm

skidaway wrote:Hey YAG...You might have to open up that billfold a little more! :lol:
Panache and style, my friend, panache and style.

She likes bacon, right?
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

pjpenner

Post by pjpenner » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 am

Jt, I have another list that is very similar. I printed it off several months ago and it lies on top in one of me desk drawers. I read it a couple of times a week. Why? So I don't become lax ... not only in my actions but in my attitude, as well.

For me, the absolute worst review or insult would be that I wasn't a gentleman. That is totally inexcusable because that is 100% within my control.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 22642
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Post by YAG » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:13 pm

pjpenner wrote:Jt, I have another list that is very similar. I printed it off several months ago and it lies on top in one of me desk drawers. I read it a couple of times a week. Why? So I don't become lax ... not only in my actions but in my attitude, as well.

For me, the absolute worst review or insult would be that I wasn't a gentleman. That is totally inexcusable because that is 100% within my control.
I have a letter that I read once a year - that I received when I was 19. Helps keep me grounded.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
Noelle_Winter
Equipment Operator
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Evansville, IN

Post by Noelle_Winter » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:51 am

I wonder if there is such a list for companions. A "What makes a good Contractor", if you will. A lot of these apply to us as well, especially respecting the gentleman's time, and being on time.
Noelle

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 22642
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Post by YAG » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:59 am

Noelle_Winter wrote:I wonder if there is such a list for companions. A "What makes a good Contractor", if you will. A lot of these apply to us as well, especially respecting the gentleman's time, and being on time.
Yeah... Pubs wrote one, and so did PJ Penner.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
Noelle_Winter
Equipment Operator
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Evansville, IN

Post by Noelle_Winter » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:31 pm

YAG wrote:
Noelle_Winter wrote:I wonder if there is such a list for companions. A "What makes a good Contractor", if you will. A lot of these apply to us as well, especially respecting the gentleman's time, and being on time.
Yeah... Pubs wrote one, and so did PJ Penner.
Which topic are they located in? Thank you for the direction :)
Noelle

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 22642
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Post by YAG » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Noelle_Winter wrote:
YAG wrote:
Noelle_Winter wrote:I wonder if there is such a list for companions. A "What makes a good Contractor", if you will. A lot of these apply to us as well, especially respecting the gentleman's time, and being on time.
Yeah... Pubs wrote one, and so did PJ Penner.
Which topic are they located in? Thank you for the direction :)
Umm... I think somewhere in this section... I'm pretty sure, any way...
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
Noelle_Winter
Equipment Operator
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Evansville, IN

Post by Noelle_Winter » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:48 pm

YAG wrote:
Noelle_Winter wrote:
YAG wrote:
Noelle_Winter wrote:I wonder if there is such a list for companions. A "What makes a good Contractor", if you will. A lot of these apply to us as well, especially respecting the gentleman's time, and being on time.
Yeah... Pubs wrote one, and so did PJ Penner.
Which topic are they located in? Thank you for the direction :)
Umm... I think somewhere in this section... I'm pretty sure, any way...
Gracias, dear sir!
Noelle

User avatar
ineedu4me
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:00 pm
Your Role: Curious Seeker

Post by ineedu4me » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:22 pm

I certainly agree withe the entire list. I have said it before, but I always am looking for that true Friendly. I need the affection. So If I expect that, I should act just like a boyfriend to her. I open doors..ok Im older, I pull out chairs at dinner and yes, I like taking them to dinner first. I like longer appointments so I can really listen and understand her likes and dislikes. It pleases me to know I please. Ok it could be an act, but I think I can normally tell. Being a gentleman, being kind , genuine , honest, generous , thoughtful, not pushing for my pleasure and not hers is very important to me. If they want it they will get it all from me. I need those great GFEs..Im just looking for more to add to my bucket list:) the afterglow..I love the smell of a women after we make love. Holding and caressing her and receiving is fantastic. Talking and thanking them for the wonderful experience they provided for me. Thats my take..but Im 61..so I believe that makes a difference in your needs and what you enjoy.

User avatar
oldfool
Grain Mogul
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Soy City

Post by oldfool » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:40 pm

ineedu4me wrote:Thats my take..but Im 61..so I believe that makes a difference in your needs and what you enjoy.
I'm 64 and agree with every word in your post. Sexagenarians Rule!

Tabie

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Tabie » Wed May 26, 2010 12:36 am

YAG wrote:I got this from another board I am on, and thought it would be a nice thing to post here. The gent that posted this previously on the other board, got this from a Yahoo group he is on. I think it is a good start to good relationship with a lady.

What Makes a Good Client?

Almost everything that makes a client ‘good’ is motivated by respect for the companion. A good client…

1. RECOGNIZES THE companion AS AN INDIVIDUAL.
First and foremost, a good client is a man who recognizes that his paid companion is an individual woman and he respects her as a person. This usually requires some maturity in the client (which is why a lot of escorts don’t want to see men under 30), along with having had some solid relationships with women (also part of the reason for the 30-and-over rule). Often, men who haven’t had much experience with escorts don’t understand this concept. They see escorts as a commodity or service and not as a personal relationship. With enough experiences, or meeting the right companion, they usually realize their mistake in perception and change their ideas about the person they pay for companionship.

Some men refuse to see any companion as more than a living sex doll. These men are almost universally loathed by escorts. Good clients realize that they’re arranging to meet a person and start a relationship, much like dating. They view the search for an companion as informed blind-dating, not shopping for tires.

2. PAYS CORRECTLY. A good client shows his respect in two tangible ways. He always pays the correct amount without any fuss and he is clean. Many escorts require payment up front in an envelope. A good client understands her rules and follows them to the letter (this usually involves not drawing attention to the moment). This establishes a lot of trust with her and he shows that he respects the way she chooses to run her business. (There are escorts who don’t require payment up front, but a client who does so anyway always wins points.) Even if he chooses to pay at the end of their time, he does so quickly and without a lot of discussion. It goes without saying that the amount is always correct.

3. HE IS CLEAN. This is not always possible for a client coming straight from the office or an airplane. In that case, he will take advantage of any shower facilities he or the companion has available. It’s only polite and a good client is polite! Many escorts like to keep mouthwash or sample-sized toothbrushes/toothpaste handy as well. A good client intuitively knows why those items are there and uses them if he needs to.

4. DOESN’T HAGGLE. A good client does not haggle or negotiate. An companion’s rates are her rates. Period. If he wants a better deal, he can become a regular client and try to negotiate from there (with a better chance of success) or he searches for someone within his financial range. All escorts are luxury items, no matter what they actually charge. A paid companion is not a basic necessity for life. Good clients recognize payment for what it is – a charge for an out-of-the-ordinary personal experience. In the US it’s considered rude to haggle. I don’t know about other countries.

5. …doesn’t push boundaries. A good client does not try to push boundaries. A good client doesn’t try to force his way past whatever boundary lines, BE IT EMOTIONAL OR PHYSICAL, an companion decides to draw in her work. Some men think such boundaries are there as a personal challenge. Others feel they can use money as a tool to bribe their way past the comfort zone. These men aren’t good clients. A good client respects his companion and realizes there’s a reason for how she structures her work. An companion can create any number of boundaries for herself – from safer sex to intimacy to travel arrangements; she makes her decisions based on what she feels is best for her well-being. There are clients who are invited to cross the lines. (They’re always good clients, which is why they get the invitation in the first place.) Her safer sex practices should never be flexible, but she may feel comfortable enough to relax some of her other boundaries. A good client is a man who recognizes that the lady leads this dance and waits for her to bring him further into her comfort zone.

6. …UNDERSTANDS SCREENING!! A good client understands why an companion needs to screen and willingly shares the information she requests. Of course, good clients are also worried about what happens with their information. They will do their best to find escorts that seem reputable, reliable, selective, discreet and trustworthy. An companion who wants to attract good clients will make sure she doesn’t cause doubts in an already-skeptical potential client. Men who don’t care about an companion’s safety won’t be willing to give even minimal screening information. They aren’t good clients.

7. …respects an companion’s time. A good client is respectful of an companion’s time. He doesn’t waste her time with endless e-mails/phone calls before meeting (unless she openly encourages the correspondence). He doesn’t waste her time with numerous cancellations and rescheduling. He doesn’t break an appointment without calling first. He is on time for appointments; not early, not late. Nor does he try to extend his allotted time with her (he can ask, but she may have other plans). If she doesn’t like last-minute appointments, or appointments on certain days/times, he doesn’t make those requests. In short, a good client treats an companion’s time as valuable to her; much as his time is probably valuable to him.

8. …is discreet. A good client is discreet. Many escorts don’t like explicit reviews or don’t allow any reviews. A good client will respect her wishes about reviews and behave accordingly. Discretion also extends to any time they spend together in public. No companion wants attention drawn to her while she’s with a client. Likewise, she doesn’t like spending time with an overly-prying client. Although a good client is genuinely interested in his companion, he understands the line between personal interest and being intrusive.

9. ..understands the mystery of chemistry. A good client recognizes that this is a very personal business. Sometimes people have chemistry, and sometimes they don’t. Not everyone will always get along with everyone else. Sometimes the client grates on the companion’s nerves. Sometimes she can’t find his wavelength. Good clients understand that professional escorts make every effort to make him happy. And if they don’t click; it wasn’t meant to be. Although they probably will not see this particular companion again, good clients capable of recognizing these concepts. Such mismatches are not reflections on either party. (I’m simply talking about a lack of magic happening, not instances where either party was harmed in some way.) …is good company. A good client is nearly always a positive person. Misery may love company, but company does not really like hanging around misery. Some men visit escorts precisely because they need cheering up. But a constantly depressed client who never seems to enjoy the attention they receive from their companions will never be a favored client. They may be harmless in every other way, but a miserable person is a miserable person. Escorts enjoy feeling like they’ve made a difference, even if for a small amount of time. An always-gloomy client ends up depressing his companion as well. Clients who are extremely sexist, racist or whose personal beliefs make an companion uncomfortable probably won’t be considered good clients. Of course, this is a personality mismatch and every companion has different levels of tolerance.

10. …doesn’t need to make bribes. Good clients are not necessarily the ones who tip or bring gifts. Often they are. But sometimes tippers or gift-bearers do this because they know they’re difficult to deal with and are trying to smooth the way. For most escorts, a man is a good client because of the quality of his company and not the quality of his material gifts. …sees the companion more than once. Nearly all good clients become good clients by seeing an companion fairly often. Building a relationship takes time and once is usually not enough to produce more than a fond memory. Of course, a first visit that lasts several hours or days goes a much longer way to establishing the relationship than one or two hours.

11. The Final Factor What makes a good client often has a lot to do with what the companion wants out of a client. Although the factors I list seem to be pretty universal, the final factor of what makes a good client is the companion in question. One man could see two different escorts and behave in a completely polite and respectful manner with both; yet one companion will like him more than the other companion. It comes down to personality. After all, this is a people business.

Well said. Your now at the top of my list of things to do. :wink:

User avatar
Lem
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 3387
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: In Your Face

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Lem » Wed May 26, 2010 1:09 am

Tabie wrote:Well said. Your now at the top of my list of things to do. :wink:
Yep, all good practice.

I also have a list. Guess who is on it. Duh.

pjpenner

Post by pjpenner » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Pubs, I sincerely hope I'm not overstepping any bounds but I'm giving this thread a bump beacause I think it is truly one of the best threads on GBN for hobbyists ... veterans and newbies.

I review this thread on a fairly regular basis and I always seem to learn something new and find something in my own hobby life that I need to work on correcting or improving.

User avatar
vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Posts: 12427
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Beyond the Rim

Post by vorlon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:37 pm

HankMoody wrote:
pjpenner wrote:Pubs, I sincerely hope I'm not overstepping any bounds but I'm giving this thread a bump beacause I think it is truly one of the best threads on GBN for hobbyists ... veterans and newbies.

I review this thread on a fairly regular basis and I always seem to learn something new and find something in my own hobby life that I need to work on correcting or improving.
Really? Isn't it really just about common courtesy towards another human being and being honorable in a business transaction which has a fixed price? I have followed simple courtesy and never had to refer to a list and I have been hobbying for 20 years.
A) You never know when you might learn something you hadn't thought about
B) It's never a bad idea to brush up every so often; anyone can start slipping into bad habits.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

User avatar
ThreeIees
International Grain Cartel
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Anywhere but here

Post by ThreeIees » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:59 am

Rudbeckia_triloba wrote:Somehow I missed out on reading this before...

Although good manners and common sense will take you a long way in the hobby, this is still very good reading for anyone who wants a "cheat sheet" for how to be someone's ATF.
This works for us to dear .... ATF and all :D ^
....................................................................|
....................................................................|
....................................................................|
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~ This is all fiction, so anything I say here is strictly fantasy....

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21471
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Post by Publisher » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Let's bump this one, shall we?
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Mr Smores

Post by Mr Smores » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:48 pm

interesting give and take for this read versus the predacious behavior one. quite a few similarities...

courteousness leading to being taken advantage of, whether time or financially.

abuses of time, screening, or potentially 'threatening' action against someone.

but all can be corrected by removing head from rectum and being aware of what's going on around you.

and the same goes in the reverse direction as well.

User avatar
Speeder
International Grain Cartel
Posts: 4361
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Quad of the Cities?
Contact:

Post by Speeder » Wed May 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Mr Smores wrote:interesting give and take for this read versus the predacious behavior one. quite a few similarities...

courteousness leading to being taken advantage of, whether time or financially.

abuses of time, screening, or potentially 'threatening' action against someone.

but all can be corrected by removing head from rectum and being aware of what's going on around you.

and the same goes in the reverse direction as well.

blah blah blah....does she want to play 'touch it' or not???

:P
/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 22642
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Post by YAG » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Time to bump this one
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
MeterMan
International Grain Cartel
Posts: 3932
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Wandering around Central Illinois

Post by MeterMan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm

There have been some posts recently regarding issues along these lines. I had been gathering my thoughts and arranging them before posting something very similar to this.

Yes, respect. It can definitely affect how YMMV.

It is also a two way street.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like....and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ---Bilbo Baggins

User avatar
Speeder
International Grain Cartel
Posts: 4361
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Quad of the Cities?
Contact:

Post by Speeder » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 pm

I think we need to bump this. After hearing some concerns from a couple of ladies here that are being bombarded with calls, texts and PM's when they arent even touring.

Guys, they have a life outside the hobby too....please show some patience and restraint instead of sending multiple inquiries.
/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Easy Does It
Stall Mucker
Stall Mucker
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:32 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Alabama Gulf Coast

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Easy Does It » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:53 pm

New to this forum but not to this hobby.

This is a great list!! I've seen many like it over the years, but his one may just be the best. Lucky for me, following those recommendations came very naturally for me from the beginning. I'm a little bit old-fashioned when it comes to "the fairer sex" and I have always tried very hard to treat ALL women with respect and even a little deference, Contractor or civilian. I think it's because I not only prefer women (exclusively) as sexual partners, but I genuinely prefer to interact with women generally. Most of my closest friends, including a few companions over the years, are and have been women.

I go back 25+ years in this little hobby(not really sure exactly TBH), back when the internet was just beginning to be used for this. I was a participating member of the famous (and infamous) "SFRedbook" site, still IMHO the gold standard for forums of this type. When the Feds shut it down, it was a terrible loss for us hobbyists, but even more so for the companions. I was a member of the "WorldSexGuide" site before they spun off the US into it's own site "UsaSexGuide". I think the fact that over all these years I've had so many good, lasting relationships with some truly incredible companions, and so few bad experiences is because I am careful, and I have always treated the ladies the way this list describes.

I sometimes wonder how long I'll keep participating in this. I've taken long breaks over the years, but I always keep coming back. I probably always will.

User avatar
PITwrangler47
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:31 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Springfield
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by PITwrangler47 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 pm

thanks for the post YAG, this was a great read and hell I could have used this in my 20`s you can apply this train of thought to dating and it works also
- Ernest Hemingway






Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.- Ernest Himingway

User avatar
Yuna
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:22 pm
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Yuna » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Outstanding. This entire forum section is amazing! I wish I could have more of my clients read and follow these rules. Thank you for making the industry a better place!

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21471
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Publisher » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Yuna wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 pm
Outstanding. This entire forum section is amazing! I wish I could have more of my clients read and follow these rules. Thank you for making the industry a better place!
Send the ones with the sense to do those things, they make fine crewmembers
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
RavenWilde
Donor
Donor
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:00 pm
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Your City: Minneapolis
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by RavenWilde » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:28 pm

This is really dead-on. I'm fairly new, and I can say that there's a large difference between those who behave respectfully and those who don't. I used to be nice about it, but now, clients who raise a fuss about me verifying them are immediately fired - I will not see them. If they have that kind of attitude from the beginning I have no desire to see how much more disrespect I'll receive through further interaction.
Incidentally, I do have a story about a younger client - early twenties - who has been one of the most respectful clients I've ever had. He had no references, and when I asked him to present a paystub and ID he did so gladly. When I thanked him his exact words were "you're the one taking the most risk here."
Pro tip: Don't immediately begin groping a Contractor's breasts upon meeting her. She will likely not want to see you again. I mean... so I've heard :;)

User avatar
DMLawPro
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Posts: 15535
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by DMLawPro » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:34 am

RavenWilde wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:28 pm
Pro tip: Don't immediately begin groping a Contractor's breasts upon meeting her. She will likely not want to see you again. I mean... so I've heard :;)
Pro response: Don't show 'em then... just sayin' :;)
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 22642
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by YAG » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:08 am

They're not squeeze balls for grip training! Sheesh, a gentle touch is generally a good starting point.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
DMLawPro
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Posts: 15535
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by DMLawPro » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:19 am

YAG wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:08 am
They're not squeeze balls for grip training! Sheesh, a gentle touch is generally a good starting point.
Yeah, true, but I could really care less about breasts. Keep em covered. Not interested in them....lol
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 22642
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by YAG » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:22 am

DMLawPro wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:19 am
YAG wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:08 am
They're not squeeze balls for grip training! Sheesh, a gentle touch is generally a good starting point.
Yeah, true, but I could really care less about breasts. Keep em covered. Not interested in them....lol
The grippable handles full of muscles are in BACK and LOWER.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
DMLawPro
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Posts: 15535
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by DMLawPro » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:41 am

YAG wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:22 am
DMLawPro wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:19 am
YAG wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:08 am
They're not squeeze balls for grip training! Sheesh, a gentle touch is generally a good starting point.
Yeah, true, but I could really care less about breasts. Keep em covered. Not interested in them....lol
The grippable handles full of muscles are in BACK and LOWER.
NOW you're talkin'
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

sophiemariebbw

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by sophiemariebbw » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:21 pm

So glad to see this posted.

I post a similar list of "etiquette" on my personal site because unfortunately too often these things need to be stated.

Cobi4u
Dangerous Mutant
Dangerous Mutant
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:32 am
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Your City: Peoria

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Cobi4u » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Oh my! I love this post! Just like it is important for us ladies... companions to provide a top notch experience.... It is just as important that you hobbyist follow some basic guidelines. The better the connection... The better time everyone will have! I know that my clients that are in tune with my likes dislikes rules etc are the ones I connect with most. These are the best! It's such a fun time for us both! So much less of an awkward business transaction. It's horrible when it feels that way. They are also first priority when it comes to getting appts during busy times. I pay special attention to those who pay special attention. It's give and take gentlemen not just take. You get what you give...with me anyways. Cannot speak for anyone else. 😘😘😘
I think it's awesome when my clients know what I like and do things like bring my favorite coffee or something similar with when we meet. Or texts me randomly and says good morning. Ask how I've been. I love this type of stuff.

User avatar
Speeder
International Grain Cartel
Posts: 4361
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Quad of the Cities?
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Speeder » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:38 am

Cobi4u wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 pm
I think it's awesome when my clients know what I like and do things like bring my favorite coffee or something similar with when we meet.


Excellent idea! I’ll bring 2 cups. :vhappy:




15AE1153-BD10-4A73-99FC-979BE1BDF534.jpeg

:p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Cobi4u
Dangerous Mutant
Dangerous Mutant
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:32 am
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Your City: Peoria

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Cobi4u » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:28 am

Perfect! 😘

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21471
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Publisher » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:26 am

It looks like the cat is back.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Posts: 12427
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Beyond the Rim

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by vorlon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Publisher wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:26 am
It looks like the cat is back.
He dragged himself in.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

MsEmma

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by MsEmma » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:14 am

It seriously makes my day/year to see tips for both sides to use morals & standards when participating in the hobby. I love it!!

User avatar
shyboy69
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 10966
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near everything but close to nothing
Location: Right here for now

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by shyboy69 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:35 pm

MsEmma wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:14 am
It seriously makes my day/year to see tips for both sides to use morals & standards when participating in the hobby. I love it!!
Other then a few exceptions, I think you'll find this is us.

Nice guys finish last? Yes we do! Our women always finish first. Multiple times!
My sparkling personality compensates for not being hung like a horse.

User avatar
funnyguy8558
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois corn fields

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by funnyguy8558 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:18 am

I'm new to the hobby and all this great information will be used to help me be the perfect client. I have been reading everything I can from many places but I think I have learned the most from GBN. thanks

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21471
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Publisher » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:46 am

funnyguy8558 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:18 am
I'm new to the hobby and all this great information will be used to help me be the perfect client. I have been reading everything I can from many places but I think I have learned the most from GBN. thanks
Have you learned enough to make it worth enough to hit The Big Green Button in the upper right corner?
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
funnyguy8558
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois corn fields

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by funnyguy8558 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Publisher wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:46 am
funnyguy8558 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:18 am
I'm new to the hobby and all this great information will be used to help me be the perfect client. I have been reading everything I can from many places but I think I have learned the most from GBN. thanks
Have you learned enough to make it worth enough to hit The Big Green Button in the upper right corner?
I think I have, gbn has been the best source of information that i have found anywhere. Can i use a gift card for payment?

User avatar
funnyguy8558
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois corn fields

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by funnyguy8558 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:24 pm

Publisher wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:46 am
funnyguy8558 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:18 am
I'm new to the hobby and all this great information will be used to help me be the perfect client. I have been reading everything I can from many places but I think I have learned the most from GBN. thanks
Have you learned enough to make it worth enough to hit The Big Green Button in the upper right corner?
I haven't really looked for this yet but is there a dictionary on here of the terms and acronyms, some things I can figure out but some others I have no clue what you pros are saying.

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21471
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Publisher » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:16 pm

funnyguy8558 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:21 pm
Publisher wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:46 am
funnyguy8558 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:18 am
I'm new to the hobby and all this great information will be used to help me be the perfect client. I have been reading everything I can from many places but I think I have learned the most from GBN. thanks
Have you learned enough to make it worth enough to hit The Big Green Button in the upper right corner?
I think I have, gbn has been the best source of information that i have found anywhere. Can i use a gift card for payment?
Yes, as a credit card payment.

There is a service fee for using a credit card, so don't get it with just the minimum, the fees are spelled out. Do NOT mail one of them.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:50 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Quad Cities
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by ShyDaniel » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:34 pm

funnyguy8558 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:24 pm
Publisher wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:46 am
funnyguy8558 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:18 am
I'm new to the hobby and all this great information will be used to help me be the perfect client. I have been reading everything I can from many places but I think I have learned the most from GBN. thanks
Have you learned enough to make it worth enough to hit The Big Green Button in the upper right corner?
I haven't really looked for this yet but is there a dictionary on here of the terms and acronyms, some things I can figure out but some others I have no clue what you pros are saying.
I've used the urban dictionary app on my phone from time to time. I don't think there is a list anywhere on the site.

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21471
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by Publisher » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:47 pm

Unfortunately, the dictionary we had bit the dust when we were forced to change platforms 2 years ago. I have pondered creating a Wiki for this purpose, since it takes up little server space.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 22642
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: What makes a good client.

Post by YAG » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:39 pm

Boss says remind people of this, and new kids should REALLY read this.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

Post Reply

Return to “Tricks of the Trade”