Tips, hints, and general venting
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Inappropriate Gifting

Post by Publisher » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:54 am

Had a chance to touch on this topic recently with a lady, and some things on the short list:

1. Liquor, especially open. Unless you know THEIR tastes, and are willing to procure same, a waste. She may politely sip at it, and toss the remainder when you leave or regift it to a friend.

2. Bundles of flowers. Do you know THEIR allergies? Odds are, no. And again, unless you are knowledgeable or psychic, choosing what she likes is a crap shoot. More landfill.

3. Clothing. While that outfit may be your fantasy, do you know her sizes? Because you may have noticed, women have curves, not straight lines. A negligee or pegnoir for YOUR fantasy may be useful for her in the future.

Preferred

Gift cards. She can choose what she likes.

Ladies, I'm sure you all have something gifted regularly that is useless. Real gratitude would be preferred.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Eastside70
International Grain Cartel
Your City: St. Louis

Re: Inappropriate Gifting

Post by Eastside70 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:02 pm

Publisher wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:54 am
Had a chance to touch on this topic recently with a lady, and some things on the short list:

1. Liquor, especially open. Unless you know THEIR tastes, and are willing to procure same, a waste. She may politely sip at it, and toss the remainder when you leave or regift it to a friend.

2. Bundles of flowers. Do you know THEIR allergies? Odds are, no. And again, unless you are knowledgeable or psychic, choosing what she likes is a crap shoot. More landfill.

3. Clothing. While that outfit may be your fantasy, do you know her sizes? Because you may have noticed, women have curves, not straight lines. A negligee or pegnoir for YOUR fantasy may be useful for her in the future.

Preferred

Gift cards. She can choose what she likes.

Ladies, I'm sure you all have something gifted regularly that is useless. Real gratitude would be preferred.
If I give a gift, it's usually something from her wishlist, something she said in conversation that she liked, or something I've seen that she's in to (hobby, crafts, etc) while out which I picked up for her.

1. Bought wine for a few, but at her suggestion. And yes, we finished it off. Another one is into whisky, so I've bought her a few of her favorites and one which could only be bought directly from the distillery while I was visiting it. And all were unopened of course.

2. Thought about it, but never brought flowers. And one lady is allergic anyway.

2a. Perfume: I only buy this when I know what kind her favorite is so as to avoid the allergic, regifting, or landfill issues. I see a couple of ladies who know when I see them that they're getting perfume which they immediately put on after receiving it.

3. As in real life, I never buy a woman clothes. Just too many unknowns. The closest I've come to is a few pair of specialty socks that I've picked up for one lady while out of town.

Gifts cards are easy which I occasionally give, but I feel lack a personal touch when compared to giving a gift with a little more thought put into it.

The thing I like the best is the sparkle in her eyes after receiving the gift. That to me is thanks enough.
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. ~ Abraham Lincoln

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:57 pm

I've done clothes. But I have an unusual set of skills to assess physique and color palette developed over decades.

Wine - only after being sure what they like.

Perfume - most pros I've been with don't have scent that may cling to their paramour. Discretion. I may ask about this one, though.

I've bought a flower, or flowers, after I've gotten comfortable with someone. Never at a first encounter.

I hope some ladies chime in.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by The_Carpenter » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:04 pm

I take a couple long time favs shopping. That takes care of the size concerns. And, allows show and tell bcd.
I've also given gift cards. One gal picked a hardware store card instead of a womans wear card (was gonna paint a couple rooms, ok).
Agree with Pubs on alcohol.
I know one of my long term friends simply won't when working, unless a multihour date.

Yuna
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion

Post by Yuna » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:33 pm

Gift cards are the best! I would advise not getting alcohol, flowers or perfume unless it’s on her wishlist or specifically mentioned to me.
Fun topic time: worst gifts/tips I have received
1. Chopsticks, at least I use them?
2. Half used gift card to a store that was closing in a month, shopping those going out of business deals
3. Coupons (not gift cards) to the movies that expire in a week, no just no.
4. A bottle of white wine of a varietal that I hate after I explicitly said I love wine except this kind.
Sadly 2 and 3 were from the same person ☹️

DMLawPro
Sponsor
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Post by DMLawPro » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:45 pm

****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

funnyguy8558
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your City: Central Illinois corn fields

Post by funnyguy8558 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:36 pm

Hey DM, where could a person get that gift box...asking for a friend.
polite, respectful gentleman looking for fun, NO problems NO trouble

ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by ShyDaniel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:20 pm

Weird question, what kind of gift would you give a lady who works at an AMP? Older lady. Umm......asking for friend.

Serious question though.

DukeOfHazard
Your City: Hazard County

Post by DukeOfHazard » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:17 am

Not kidding... I gave Ember Simmers (who is now retired sadly) an alpaca stocking cap. I have no idea why I did that and it was the dumbest thing ever to give someone much less someone as special as her. Oddly though she made a 2 minute video of her wearing it while she was masturbating and sent it to my Dropbox as a thank you. But I know she clearly was like wtf is this shit. Omg... gift cards for me from now on.

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:25 am

funnyguy8558 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:36 pm
Hey DM, where could a person get that gift box...asking for a friend.
You Love Chocolate!
****** Nymphos only ****** The rest of you are just faking it........ Ladies, I am also CoronaVirus free.

Yuna
Your Gender: Female

Post by Yuna » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 am

ShyDaniel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:20 pm
Weird question, what kind of gift would you give a lady who works at an AMP? Older lady. Umm......asking for friend.

Serious question though.
Bigger tip. Nothing made my day more than an extra tip. Cash is king.

AttillatheHung
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Somewhere between Here and There

Post by AttillatheHung » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:37 pm

Yuna wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 am
ShyDaniel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:20 pm

Serious question though.
Bigger tip. Nothing made my day more than an extra tip. Cash is king.
Cash tipping always works, ladies know they are appreciated when you tip. They will also be happy to see you again. Any women who puts up with me deserves a nice tip.

Abomb47iowa
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your City: Des Moines

Post by Abomb47iowa » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:39 pm

Gift cards are great and safe, but the best gift is a tip IMHO. I won't disclose what I typically provide but it's just a way I show my appreciation for her taking the time to schedule with me and have a good time together. Typically leave it with the donation - never take it out or put more in.

I think the worst gift I did was jewelry. It was a necklace with a single pearl to it. I saw her comment on another girl's profile thru social media, figured if she liked what the other girl had (a single pearl necklace), maybe I could provide something similar. I've seen her since I gifted the necklace, however, I don't recall ever seeing her wear it. I suppose I could've asked and left the "surprise" element out of it if that's what she wanted. Live and learn. She sounded sincere when she told me how sweet I was. Probably doesnt want it to fall off while we're having fun.
Or maybe she wears it out in public? Wishful thinking.

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Post by vorlon » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:58 pm

Abomb47iowa wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:39 pm
Gift cards are great and safe, but the best gift is a tip IMHO. I won't disclose what I typically provide but it's just a way I show my appreciation for her taking the time to schedule with me and have a good time together. Typically leave it with the donation - never take it out or put more in.

I think the worst gift I did was jewelry. It was a necklace with a single pearl to it. I saw her comment on another girl's profile thru social media, figured if she liked what the other girl had (a single pearl necklace), maybe I could provide something similar. I've seen her since I gifted the necklace, however, I don't recall ever seeing her wear it. I suppose I could've asked and left the "surprise" element out of it if that's what she wanted. Live and learn. She sounded sincere when she told me how sweet I was. Probably doesnt want it to fall off while we're having fun.
One problem that can happen with gifts like jewelry is, depending on her personal situation, other people may wonder where it came from.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DMLawPro
Sponsor

Post by DMLawPro » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:36 am

vorlon wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:58 pm
Abomb47iowa wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:39 pm

One problem that can happen with gifts like jewelry is, depending on her personal situation, other people may wonder where it came from.
In this case.... an oyster

gwenaellecontributed
Stall Mucker
Stall Mucker

Post by gwenaellecontributed » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:10 am

In my experience, buying some jewelry, especially a necklace, is a win-win gift.

Return to “Tricks of the Trade”