How To Keep GBN Alive

Announcements Regarding GBN and other interesting tidbits. NOT FOR ADVERTISING. You are pushing the edge of having your account shut off if you advertise here.
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Re: How To Keep GBN Alive

Post by Publisher » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:32 pm

FrankB wrote:I am mailing some extra money to you tonight.
Thank you sir.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:50 am

We're 2/5rds of the way through the month, and only halfway where we need to be for February.

You screaming Lookie Loos bitching about not having any member privileges - you are a problem eating up my time with you whining email.

Read this. It's not just money that has gotten your privileges seriously limited.
Publisher wrote:There are three ways for the members to support the Grain Belt News, and they are not all financial:

1) File reports of Ripoffs, Scams, Busts, Stings and Reviews. The stream of review requests is ever-growing, and if the poster could be directed to existing information, the better for all.

This community is about keeping everyone safe, more than anything else, and to have fun.

2) Recommend us to new folks. Constantly growing and bringing in new crew members keeps the place lively.

3) Financially: This site takes up a lot of time to administer and keep the spammers, flamers, and other ne'er-do-wells at bay. A few hours of every day of my life goes into it. While making a donation isn't mandatory, you may see some of your access privileges curtailed if you use the system without actually doing any of the things listed in (1) above, or by making a voluntary donation.

There are two ways to donate:

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Be sure to include your username with the donation.

2) By credit card. Push the Big Green Button in the upper right hand corner for instructions. There is a fee for processing the payment.

Be sure to send me your username with any donation - they are all hand processed, there is no automation in place.

Again, a thanks to everyone who has supported the site previously, and I hope many of you will continue to do so in the future.

Publisher
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

MeterMan
International Grain Cartel

Post by MeterMan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Can Lookie Loo's see this? Are we in The Bilge?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like....and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ---Bilbo Baggins

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:03 pm

MeterMan wrote:Can Lookie Loo's see this? Are we in The Bilge?
This was added to The Bilge for their viewing pleasure.

Just an FYI - only 1/4 of them have even bothered reading it. Oh well.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:33 am

Really disappointing results in January. I hope some of the February people come forward early, the rent is due on this joint on Sunday.
- Edmund Burke

Karma8791
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Right Here

Post by Karma8791 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 am

Publisher wrote:Really disappointing results in January. I hope some of the February people come forward early, the rent is due on this joint on Sunday.
I dropped a donation in the mail yesterday. Hopefully, you'll get it tomorrow or Friday.
You won't earn a purple heart hiding in that foxhole.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:44 am

Here I am, back in NPR mode, hat in hand hoping all of the new users will see the benefits of this resource, and the prior donors step up again. I fell way short to pay the rent out of donations this month. I won't cover it out of pocket again in March.
Publisher wrote:There are three ways for the members to support the Grain Belt News, and they are not all financial:

1) File reports of Ripoffs, Scams, Busts, Stings and Reviews. The stream of review requests is ever-growing, and if the poster could be directed to existing information, the better for all.

This community is about keeping everyone safe, more than anything else, and to have fun.

2) Recommend us to new folks. Constantly growing and bringing in new crew members keeps the place lively.

3) Financially: This site takes up a lot of time to administer and keep the spammers, flamers, and other ne'er-do-wells at bay. A few hours of every day of my life goes into it. While making a donation isn't mandatory, you may see some of your access privileges curtailed if you use the system without actually doing any of the things listed in (1) above, or by making a voluntary donation.

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

2) By credit card. Push the Big Green Button in the upper right hand corner for instructions. There is a fee for processing the payment.

Be sure to send me your username with any donation - they are all hand processed, there is no automation in place.

Again, a thanks to everyone who has supported the site previously, and I hope many of you will continue to do so in the future.

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Here I am, back in NPR mode, hat in hand hoping all of the new users will see the benefits of this resource, and the prior donors step up again. I fell way short to pay the rent out of donations this month. I won't cover it out of pocket again in March.

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

FrankB
Patron Saint

Post by FrankB » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:45 pm

I am dropping another envelope in the mail tonight.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:58 am

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Ah, the smell of ranting Lookie Loos in the morning. How sweet.
- Edmund Burke

Blmnewcomer
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by Blmnewcomer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:28 pm

I have just sent my overdue donation minutes ago. I don't remember the best way to reach you, but I know you'll see this. Let me know if you need to connect any dots.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Blmnewcomer wrote:I have just sent my overdue donation minutes ago. I don't remember the best way to reach you, but I know you'll see this. Let me know if you need to connect any dots.
As long as you included your username with it, it will work out
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:16 am

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:05 pm

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

hotangel4u
Donor
Donor
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion

Post by hotangel4u » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:13 am

i am send payment in to u for me to stay a donor in nexted 2 weeks n guys on here would like meet u some time

DMLawPro
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Chief Stall Mucker, Head Lookie Loo, Official GBNTroll and Scallywag
Your Role: Law Enforcement
Your City: West of The Nile

Post by DMLawPro » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:55 am

Wait til he gets my envelope. ROFLMAO

wallaby
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Eastern south central Illinois.

Post by wallaby » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:11 pm

I paid in pennies.
OK, they were virtual pennies.

The credit card invoicing method is simple and easy to do.
The Real Wallaby - Accept No Imitations
“Cook, Travel, Eat, Read, repeat.” - Alton Brown

#PokerKnowsTheTruth...Maybe

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:37 am

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:26 am

We're falling way behind this month to break even for April.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:19 am

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:13 am

Here I am, back in NPR mode, hat in hand hoping all of the new users will see the benefits of this resource, and the prior donors step up again. I am way short to pay the rent out of donations this month. I won't cover it out of pocket again.

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

hotangel4u
Donor
Donor

Post by hotangel4u » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:29 am

i mailed a payment to u last week

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Post by vorlon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:15 am

Just dropped something in the mail.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri May 26, 2017 6:07 am

The rent comes due in a few days, we've gotten the process streamlined, so please click the Big Green Button in the right hand corner.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:47 am

Publisher wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:13 am
Here I am, back in NPR mode, hat in hand hoping all of the new users will see the benefits of this resource, and the prior donors step up again. I am way short to pay the rent out of donations this month. I won't cover it out of pocket again.

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

scarletknight
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by scarletknight » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:26 pm

I will be renewing as soon as I can get to an ATM to grab some folding money.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~Calvin & Hobbes

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Publisher wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:47 am
Publisher wrote:

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Publisher wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:47 am
Publisher wrote:

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:25 am

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:18 pm

Here I am, back in NPR mode, hat in hand hoping all of the new users will see the benefits of this resource, and the prior donors step up again. I am way short to pay the rent out of donations this tmonth. I won't cover it out of pocket again.

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:20 am

A quarter of the way through the month and we are at Zero. Nada. Bupkus.
Publisher wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:18 pm
Here I am, back in NPR mode, hat in hand hoping all of the new users will see the benefits of this resource, and the prior donors step up again. I am way short to pay the rent out of donations this tmonth. I won't cover it out of pocket again.

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:22 am

A quarter of the way through the month and we are at Zero. Nada. Bupkus.
Publisher wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:18 pm

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:14 am

Here I am, back in NPR mode, hat in hand hoping all of the new users will see the benefits of this resource, and the prior donors step aup again. I fell way short to pay the rent out of donations this month. I won't cover it out of pocket again.

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

chevytooheavy
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Quad cities

Post by chevytooheavy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:43 pm

donation sent in Saturday mail
I am touched in the head

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Here I am, back in NPR mode, hat in hand hoping all of the new users wt,ill see the benefits of this resource, and the prior donors step aup again. I fell way short to pay the rent out of donations this month. I won't cover it out of pocket again.

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:25 pm

chevytooheavy wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:43 pm
donation sent in Saturday mail
Thank you
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Here I am, back in NPR mode, hat in hand hoping all of the new users will see the benefits of this resource, and the prior donors step aup again. I fell way short to pay the rent out of donations this month. I won't cover it out of pocket again.

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:48 am

Here I am, back in NPR mode, hat in hand hoping all of the new users will see the benefits of this resource, and the prior donors step up again. I fell way short to pay the rent out of donations this month. I won't cover it out of pocket again.

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:46 am

Here I am, back in NPR mode, hat in hand hoping all of the new users will see the benefits of this resource, and the prior donors step up again. I fell way short to pay the rent out of donations this month. I won't cover it out of pocket again.

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:38 am

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:53 pm

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:37 am

We are 5 donors short of staying afloat after August 4. Donations have to be in hand if paid by credit card no later than 4 pm on Tuesday August 1.
- Edmund Burke

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:40 am

Just dropped something in the mail.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

finman56
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by finman56 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:31 am

Mine will go in the mail today.
"Don't ask me no questions and I won't tell you no lies "
"Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in"

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:37 am

Thank you gentlemen.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Very disappointing results last month, and so far we're way behind for August.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:02 am

Publisher wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:53 pm

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

boilermaker
Patron Saint

Post by boilermaker » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:17 pm

You should have received $25 from me last weekend. Let me know if my envelope did not arrive to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport IA 52808

FrankB
Patron Saint

Post by FrankB » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:30 pm

I just addressed an envelope and will mail on my way home today.

boilermaker
Patron Saint

Post by boilermaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:34 pm

I just mailed in $25, to sponsor a young Lass!

finman56
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo

Post by finman56 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:34 pm

I also sent $25 to sponsor a young lady.
"Don't ask me no questions and I won't tell you no lies "
"Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in"

FrankB
Patron Saint

Post by FrankB » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:20 pm

FrankB wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:30 pm
I just addressed an envelope and will mail on my way home today.
Oh, yea. The envelope had money in it. :vhappy:

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:00 am

Publisher wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:53 pm

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:19 am

Can we get five new donors in the next four days before they land in the Lookie Loo bin?

We had a sizable surge of registration in March 2017, but no corresponding increase of supporters.
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:58 am

1) Mail and payable to:

Nobody Home Ent
PO Box 3011
Davenport, IA 52808

Publisher
- Edmund Burke

mitch10
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor

Post by mitch10 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Good Time for a bump with a video of many years ago when the original gang got together for the first support drive for GBN.

*Note how Captain Pubs goes the extra distance.
Would you?...
When the bills come due?

You can count me in!
Remember, nothing is really free.

https://youtu.be/WtcUP7VU-6s

:parrot
Austin Powers: "I never forget a pussy... cat."

hotangel4u
Donor
Donor