The importance of public reviews

Announcements Regarding GBN and other interesting tidbits. NOT FOR ADVERTISING. You are pushing the edge of having your account shut off if you advertise here.
vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

The importance of public reviews

Post by vorlon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:07 am

It has come up a few times lately that someone has been told that companion "Jane Doe" has reviews on this site but when she or another interested party goes looking for them, the reviews can't be found. This is because the reviews that were referred to are in the Verified section, which is not open to everyone.

There is another review section for public reviews that is open to everyone who is registered on the site. It can be found at viewforum.php?f=298
Help yourself out and take a look through them when you are looking for information on one of GBN's lovely lasses.

The public reviews become more valuable the more people add reviews to them. They are shorter and less detailed so it only takes a few minutes to submit one. So help the site and all its members out and submit one after you see a lady. She doesn't even need to be a member here to have a review submitted on her. If you are posting a review in the Verified section, go ahead and submit a public review as well.

The more useful information GBN has, the more likely it becomes that people will see the value of the site and join. The more people that join, the more of them will contribute information and money to help support and grow GBN.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

friskyrick
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by friskyrick » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 am

Thank you Vorlon.

The first thing I do when I log on to GBN is hit that review link on the right and check for new reviews. It just takes a few seconds.

And going back to look at old reviews can be helpful too. Alphabetical order. Links to websites, pics etc.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:30 am

Thank you
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

AustinSexy

This is great news

Post by AustinSexy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:03 am

I never knew that GBN offered reviews. I'm very excited to hear about this! I'm going to take advantage of this service!

MeterMan
International Grain Cartel

Re: This is great news

Post by MeterMan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:58 pm

AustinSexy wrote:I never knew that GBN offered reviews. I'm very excited to hear about this! I'm going to take advantage of this service!
Ma'am, we'd be delighted to help you out with that...
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like....and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ---Bilbo Baggins

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Re: This is great news

Post by Publisher » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:03 am

AustinSexy wrote:I never knew that GBN offered reviews. I'm very excited to hear about this! I'm going to take advantage of this service!
Have your people call my people and we'll do that thing.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

AustinSexy

Post by AustinSexy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 am

My people called your people (I responded to your email...lol...this is a small operation of 1)

:D

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed May 01, 2013 2:25 pm

AustinSexy wrote:My people called your people (I responded to your email...lol...this is a small operation of 1)

:D
My people (me) must have missed the email from your people (you).
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Re: The importance of public reviews

Post by Publisher » Wed May 01, 2013 2:25 pm

To bring this back on topic:
vorlon wrote:It has come up a few times lately that someone has been told that companion "Jane Doe" has reviews on this site but when she or another interested party goes looking for them, the reviews can't be found. This is because the reviews that were referred to are in the Verified section, which is not open to everyone.

There is another review section for public reviews that is open to everyone who is registered on the site. It can be found at http://www.grainbeltnews.com/modules.php?name=Reviews
or on any GBN page that has a Menu section on the right hand side simply by clicking Reviews. Help yourself out and take a look through them when you are looking for information on one of GBN's lovely lasses.

The public reviews become more valuable the more people add reviews to them. They are shorter and less detailed so it only takes a few minutes to submit one. So help the site and all its members out and submit one after you see a lady. She doesn't even need to be a member here to have a review submitted on her. If you are posting a review in the Verified section, go ahead and submit a public review as well.

The more useful information GBN has, the more likely it becomes that people will see the value of the site and join. The more people that join, the more of them will contribute information and money to help support and grow GBN.
- Edmund Burke

JolieXOXO
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion

Post by JolieXOXO » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:21 am

I can’t help but think that there are several guys out there who haven’t left reviews for companions, new or old, they’ve seen recently, because there really aren’t new reviews posted a whole lot lately compared to how many probably could have been posted.

In other words, please post after you see a Contractor for the first time my lovely gentlemen. Even if she’s been around awhile or if she’s new. It really helps companions in the advertising area. Reviews are a huge part of whether or not a client will want to see us, and besides physical attraction, this may be the next biggest deal breaker.

:)
Chuck Norris is my bitch.

wallaby
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Eastern south central Illinois.

Post by wallaby » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:06 am

JolieXOXO wrote:I can’t help but think that there are several guys out there who haven’t left reviews for companions, new or old, they’ve seen recently, because there really aren’t new reviews posted a whole lot lately compared to how many probably could have been posted.
Jolie, reviews get posted regularly and frequently. They aren't in the public review section.

That is an advantage of being a verified donor.

Ladies dont see them, but they are out there and pretty frank. I have chosen to see and not see ladies based on what was said in the gents only section. So, yes - reviews are important, but because you dont see them, doesnt mean they aren't there.
The Real Wallaby - Accept No Imitations
“Cook, Travel, Eat, Read, repeat.” - Alton Brown

#PokerKnowsTheTruth...Maybe

MeterMan

Post by MeterMan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:34 am

Wallaby wrote:
JolieXOXO wrote:I can’t help but think that there are several guys out there who haven’t left reviews for companions, new or old, they’ve seen recently, because there really aren’t new reviews posted a whole lot lately compared to how many probably could have been posted.
Jolie, reviews get posted regularly and frequently. They aren't in the public review section.

Ladies dont see them, but they are out there and pretty frank. I have chosen to see and not see ladies based on what was said in the gents only section. So, yes - reviews are important, but because you dont see them, doesnt mean they aren't there.
She has a point. The number of reviews posted represents a small fraction of the activity taking place, IMO.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like....and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ---Bilbo Baggins

Hotrod57

Post by Hotrod57 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:42 am

kennred55 wrote:I used to post reviews in both sections, but when the last one I tried to post was rejected I said why take the time and not have it posted? It takes time to write them and I just don't want to wast the time if they are not going to be posted!
+1 Not sure why this happens. I tried a couple of times to post a public review for a lady and it never appeared. My guess is that Pubs wants to approve them and he is a busy guy.
I'm not totally useless. I can be used as a bad example.

SinOrSwim
Flamer
Flamer
Your Role: Curious Seeker

Post by SinOrSwim » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:23 am

Is there a way for a review in the verified gents only section can be summarized in the public section? Looks like there is a format for the review. Take portions of that format and export to the public review area. It won't have the detail but could have the name and the big question of would you repeat?

That way the girls can see they have recent reviews but non-verified members don't have access to the same information as those who donate and keep the site going financially.

Not sure how difficult that would be to do from a programming standpoint. Not my area of expertise.

wallaby
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Eastern south central Illinois.

Post by wallaby » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:35 am

SinOrSwim wrote:Not sure how difficult that would be to do from a programming standpoint. Not my area of expertise.
Happens to be mine :)

Not trivial. Automated (machine) summarization is a research topic, and not especially well done at the moment. Pubs approves public reviews in blocks ... but the captain has a life and I am sure this is at the bottom of his todo list.
The Real Wallaby - Accept No Imitations
“Cook, Travel, Eat, Read, repeat.” - Alton Brown

#PokerKnowsTheTruth...Maybe

SinOrSwim
Flamer
Flamer
Your Role: Curious Seeker

Post by SinOrSwim » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:11 am

Wallaby wrote:
SinOrSwim wrote:Not sure how difficult that would be to do from a programming standpoint. Not my area of expertise.
Happens to be mine :)

Not trivial. Automated (machine) summarization is a research topic, and not especially well done at the moment. Pubs approves public reviews in blocks ... but the captain has a life and I am sure this is at the bottom of his todo list.
Yeah, I was trying to think of a way he wouldn't have to do it. If it only grabbed the basic information he could then do them in blocks but it wouldn't cause him anymore work than he already does. WHICH, by the way, is greatly appreciated by many of us.

Speeder

Post by Speeder » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:25 am

Wallaby wrote:

She was referring to the public section....she's well aware there is a section for reviews by verified members.

;)
/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

simpleguy55

Post by simpleguy55 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:58 am

I wholeheartedly support the perks given to verified members (yes im working on being verified) and really appreciate the extra steps it involves because they are there to help keep both hobbyists and companions safe. I do however wish there were more current reviews posted which may be accessible to other members and donors. Considering the volume of traffic on this site, it seems the public current reviews are pretty scarce. The idea tossed out by others in this thread of verified members posting a generic review in addition to the detailed one they share in the verified section would be supercoolawesome. Its definitely asking them to go through extra work though, so to any of you verified gents out there who already give the extra effort...Thank you!!!

If I manage to pass through those gilded doors someday and join the rest of you grizzled veterans in the hallowed halls of Verificationland I will do my best to post reviews in both sections.

SerenaVincente
Equipment Operator

I am new here but...

Post by SerenaVincente » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:12 am

doing my best to keep up and learn :)

Serena Vincente x

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:14 pm

vorlon wrote:It has come up a few times lately that someone has been told that companion "Jane Doe" has reviews on this site but when she or another interested party goes looking for them, the reviews can't be found. This is because the reviews that were referred to are in the Verified section, which is not open to everyone.

There is another review section for public reviews that is open to everyone who is registered on the site. It can be found at viewforum.php?f=298
Help yourself out and take a look through them when you are looking for information on one of GBN's lovely lasses.

- Edmund Burke

clairecavendish

Post by clairecavendish » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:44 pm

I think other review sites you to be members to read ladies reviews which always seems a bit crazy, maybe membership is good to,write them but everyone looking at a forum should be able to read them I think? :D

finman56

Post by finman56 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:00 pm

clairecavendish wrote:I think other review sites you to be members to read ladies reviews which always seems a bit crazy, maybe membership is good to,write them but everyone looking at a forum should be able to read them I think? :D
Holy Moses, wouldn't I like to be the 1st one to review you here on GBN. Damn wife's retirement is killing my hobby fun. lol
"Don't ask me no questions and I won't tell you no lies "
"Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in"

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:31 pm

clairecavendish wrote:I think other review sites you to be members to read ladies reviews which always seems a bit crazy, maybe membership is good to,write them but everyone looking at a forum should be able to read them I think? :D
Seems unproductive for everyone involved. Send your friends.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

Eastside70
Donor
Donor
Your City: St. Louis

Post by Eastside70 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:04 pm

finman56 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Holy Moses, wouldn't I like to be the 1st one to review you here on GBN. Damn wife's retirement is killing my hobby fun. lol
I believe that honor went to me. :;)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. ~ Abraham Lincoln

YAG

Post by YAG » Sun May 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Well, she sent one
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow

Reefer
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your City: Bloomington

Post by Reefer » Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 am

Eastside70 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 9:04 pm
finman56 wrote:
Nope, I reviewed her back in April
Reefers love to propagate!

Eastside70
Donor
Donor
Your City: St. Louis

Post by Eastside70 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Reefer wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 am
Eastside70 wrote:
finman56 wrote:
My apologies. I didn't see it in the general "Reviews" section so I assume it must be in the "Verified Gents Only - Reviews" section. I guess I need to figure out how to gain access to the wealth of knowledge.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. ~ Abraham Lincoln

YAG

Post by YAG » Mon May 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Eastside70 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 12:33 pm
Reefer wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 am
Eastside70 wrote:
finman56 wrote:
My apologies. I didn't see it in the general "Reviews" section so I assume it must be in the "Verified Gents Only - Reviews" section. I guess I need to figure out how to gain access to the wealth of knowledge.
Start with the Big Green Button
Clarence Darrow

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:08 am

Time for a bump
- Edmund Burke

Return to “Announcements”