Act Like Ya Got some Sense!

Announcements Regarding GBN and other interesting tidbits. NOT FOR ADVERTISING. You are pushing the edge of having your account shut off if you advertise here.
BulletwButterflyWings
International Grain Cartel
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

Act Like Ya Got some Sense!

Post by BulletwButterflyWings » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:01 am

Ok folks what is up with ya'll :?:

Too Many of you up here are acting like they're in High school, and Frankly its just not enjoyable for me and others that I know to visit this site, it's turned into every other board that I don't visit.

I have to say some of ya'll need to stop and think out things before you make a post, especially if you don't even really know the person you're talking about.

Sure I have moments when I've read or heard something that I didn't like, and my first thoughts are a bit frazzled. So what do I do :?: I hold off and come back when I have a more appropriate, and rational response then I re-read it, and perhaps even have a friend check to see if they get my point and understand me, and that nothing I have said would be misinterpreted before I respond. If I then realize it's a hopeless case I just ignore the BS and move on.

I really hope you people can start figuring out more civil ways of communicating your thoughts. I loved this site much more, when it was just a friendly, Loyal, and informative community. Where friends got together, and helped each other out instead of cutting at throats, and saying things completely out of line.
Last edited by BulletwButterflyWings on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

When Life Gits you Down, Make a Comforter!!! >Bo

Lost Samurai

Post by Lost Samurai » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:40 am

(bows head in quiet agreement) and then dashes around behind her, to see if he can finally catch her!

BulletwButterflyWings

Post by BulletwButterflyWings » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:45 am

The Fairy Just Flittered around, and caught Rim instead 8)

Jlbn69
Patron Saint

Post by Jlbn69 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:46 am

rimtrip wrote:(bows head in quiet agreement) and then dashes around behind her, to see if he can finally catch her!
FantasyFiona wrote:The Fairy Just Flittered around, and caught Rim instead 8)
...that's what I remember...
".....I have never killed a man............by mistake"
Jake
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:06 am

Thank you.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Misty
Chemical Dealer
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Your City: Peoria area
Location: Peoria, Springfield, Galesburg, and Bloomington area, Illinois

hmm

Post by Misty » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:33 pm

I think Fiona is talking to EVERYONE .......not just one or two........but all.........when the hobby turns into drama.......it is time to move on. This site is for fun and so is the hobby.......It should be drama free........if you dont like someone........stay away from them and .......keep your mouth closed........There are plenty of ladies and gentleman for all. :roll:
Just one more time!

Mr. Chop

Re: hmm

Post by Mr. Chop » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Misty wrote:I think Fiona is talking to EVERYONE .......not just one or two........but all.........when the hobby turns into drama.......it is time to move on. This site is for fun and so is the hobby.......It should be drama free........if you dont like someone........stay away from them and .......keep your mouth closed........There are plenty of ladies and gentleman for all. :roll:
I haven't been in the hobby for even a year yet, but I am furiously taking notes for when I can give excellent advice to younger folks when it's my turn to say let's relax and enjoy.
“Where have they gone?" "Wherever magicians used to go. Behind the sky. On the other side of the rain.”

partigurl
Chemical Dealer

Re: hmm

Post by partigurl » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:00 pm

Misty wrote:I think Fiona is talking to EVERYONE .......not just one or two........but all.........when the hobby turns into drama.......it is time to move on. This site is for fun and so is the hobby.......It should be drama free........if you dont like someone........stay away from them and .......keep your mouth closed........There are plenty of ladies and gentleman for all. :roll:
I agree with Misty and Fiona on this. This site should be about the fun and safety of all that are involved. So you people whoever you are need to put on your big boy/girl pants and move on. Just my 2 cents. Not that it matters but this is one of the reasons I am not on here much anymore.
Last edited by partigurl on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Variety is the SPICE of life

Mobile Website http://m.natalewod.com

Jlbn69
Patron Saint

Re: Act Like Ya Got some Sense!

Post by Jlbn69 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:04 pm

FantasyFiona wrote:Ok folks what is up with ya'll :?:

Too Many of you up here are acting like they're in High school, and Frankly its just not enjoyable for me and others that I know to visit this site, it's turned into every other board that I don't visit.

I have to say some of ya'll need to stop and think out things before you make a post, especially if you don't even really know the person you're talking about.

Sure I have moments when I've read or heard something that I didn't like, and my first thoughts are a bit frazzled. So what do I do :?: I hold off and come back when I have a more appropriate, and rational response then I re-read it, and perhaps even have a friend check to see if they get my point and understand me, and that nothing I have said would be misinterpreted before I respond. If I then realize it's a hopeless case I just ignore the BS and move on.

I really hope you people can start figuring out more civil ways of communicating your thoughts. I loved this site much more, when it was just a friendly, Loyal, and informative community. Where friends got together, and helped each other out instead of cutting at throats, and saying things completely out of line.
...you two were lookin right at me....
Jake

LuckyEB

Post by LuckyEB » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Jlbn69 wrote:

...you two were lookin right at me....

Do I have to Fiona........

But the little lady is right on ......

Mr Smores

Post by Mr Smores » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:37 pm

thank you for posting this Fiona, and all the replies from everyone else. i really don't enjoy having to deal with a bunch of people that forgot to leave things well enough alone after leaving high school.

and lest we not forget Pub for keeping this going? my hat's off to you Cap'n.

YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Your City: Near the shampooed banana

Post by YAG » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:55 am

Kiara wrote:It sounds like I must have missed popcorn and root beer time... :( :P I like it when we all get along. :D
Pubs had to put on his Grizzly bear suit yesterday, it was NOT pretty.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

turb

Post by turb » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:55 pm

misty said it correctly, this is about everybody.

live and learn even if you are a bastard.

i've seen posts from people that i thought was way out of line but didn't get even a bump from anyone but then someone posted something about someone that was in good favor so that person was a heal......it goes for all is all i am saying.

DanDan

correctomundo

Post by DanDan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:13 am

I know that I've made a post or two that were out of line, and for that I apologize. I'm a newbie here but do know enough to know that the lady was correct in her original post.

Now, how do I get the girls to flirt with me? hmmmmmmmmm I heard somethin' about buzzy, but I think that's someone else's thing . . . maybe just some chocolate and whip cream?

Cheyenne

Re: correctomundo

Post by Cheyenne » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:14 am

DanDan wrote:I know that I've made a post or two that were out of line, and for that I apologize. I'm a newbie here but do know enough to know that the lady was correct in her original post.

Now, how do I get the girls to flirt with me? hmmmmmmmmm I heard somethin' about buzzy, but I think that's someone else's thing . . . maybe just some chocolate and whip cream?
Chocolate, whip cream, strawberries and and MR. BUZZY ......FUN FUN FUN!!!!!
"I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, no! Cheyenne IS AWAKE!!!!!"

New hours 5pm till midnight!!!!!!

lisa
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Your Role: Curious Seeker

Post by lisa » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Cheyenne wrote:
DanDan wrote:I know that I've made a post or two that were out of line, and for that I apologize. I'm a newbie here but do know enough to know that the lady was correct in her original post.

Chocolate, whip cream, strawberries and and MR. BUZZY ......FUN FUN FUN!!!!!
I AGREE! FUN, FUN, FUN!

mzfriendlyhands

Post by mzfriendlyhands » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:32 pm

I haven't been around that long, but I find that the forums that I participate in the most are the ones that are more friendly than the latter. This is supposed to be something relaxing, fun, sexy, sassy and all good things. Who really likes to be around misery other than the miserable? Positive things happen to positive people. Smile!

Love the post, Fiona. Every now and then we all need to be reminded to relax and just have fun and to play nice :)

Speeder

Post by Speeder » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:46 pm

mzfriendlyhands that's a kickass avatar you have there. Mysterious and sexy all at the same time. :D
/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

turb

Post by turb » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Speeder22 wrote:mzfriendlyhands that's a kickass avatar you have there. Mysterious and sexy all at the same time. :D
suckup

Speeder

Post by Speeder » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:15 pm

bastard wrote:
Speeder22 wrote:mzfriendlyhands that's a kickass avatar you have there. Mysterious and sexy all at the same time. :D
suckup

SHHHHHH! I was just getting ready to make my move....ya bastard :P
/l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

turb

Post by turb » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:47 pm

DanDan wrote:I know that I've made a post or two that were out of line, and for that I apologize.

come over here with me dandan, we are starting a club and we're getting jackets made.

mzfriendlyhands

Post by mzfriendlyhands » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:06 am

Thank you ;-)

Jlbn69
Patron Saint

Post by Jlbn69 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:36 am

*BUMP*
Jake

desm50309

Post by desm50309 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:09 pm

what does it mean to "bump" a thread?

Poker69
Your Role: Law Enforcement

Post by Poker69 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:20 pm

you just did. you bumper you. posting on an old thread bumps it back up.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Ann0yedBiDaBS

Another Bump in Behalf of My Best Friend......

Post by Ann0yedBiDaBS » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:28 pm

I'm bumping This to Remind all the Antagonists, Drama Queens, and Lackey's that egg them on to Please think before you post.

There's been quite a bit of Mob Flogging Lately that is just Feeding the Drama Queens, and Antagonists that would've otherwise have gotten bored without the fuel on their winky LiL Fires. They just want attention, and a reason to argue, which is exactly what ya'll give em.

Also can we please stop stomping on the Newer People who are just trying to get info. Yes, I know sometimes their questions can't be answered on a Public Board, but we don't have to make them out to be a complete retard for asking. How about being a LiL more Helpful, and a LiL less aggressive.

If Ya feel as though you may make a response that isn't exactly constructive, step away from the keyboard, and do something that is (eg. chores, errands, play with your kids furry or otherwise, organize, exercise ect...ect...) You may figure out by the time you come back that your first reaction was really quite pointless.

Please Remember Having 3 Zillion Posts Doesn't Make you a God, and Every LiL thang doesn't Have to be a BFD.

Now Bring On the Weemin and the Beer :!:

turb

Re: Another Bump in Behalf of My Best Friend......

Post by turb » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:04 pm

Ann0yedBiDaBS wrote:I'm bumping This to Remind all the Antagonists, Drama Queens, and Lackey's that egg them on to Please think before you post.

There's been quite a bit of Mob Flogging Lately that is just Feeding the Drama Queens, and Antagonists that would've otherwise have gotten bored without the fuel on their winky LiL Fires. They just want attention, and a reason to argue, which is exactly what ya'll give em.

Also can we please stop stomping on the Newer People who are just trying to get info. Yes, I know sometimes their questions can't be answered on a Public Board, but we don't have to make them out to be a complete retard for asking. How about being a LiL more Helpful, and a LiL less aggressive.

If Ya feel as though you may make a response that isn't exactly constructive, step away from the keyboard, and do something that is (eg. chores, errands, play with your kids furry or otherwise, organize, exercise ect...ect...) You may figure out by the time you come back that your first reaction was really quite pointless.

Please Remember Having 3 Zillion Posts Doesn't Make you a God, and Every LiL thang doesn't Have to be a BFD.

Now Bring On the Weemin and the Beer :!:

Understood....I don't need a frying pan.

turb

Re: Another Bump in Behalf of My Best Friend......

Post by turb » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Last edited by turb on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Smores

Post by Mr Smores » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:13 am

related topic/idea (NO DRAMA):
http://www.grainbeltnews.com/modules.ph ... ic&t=12587

we all could use some smooth sailing here for awhile folks. let's keep that in mind please.

BulletwButterflyWings

Post by BulletwButterflyWings » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:55 pm

*make screaming monkey noises* Bump...... :evil:

We're all a LiL Different, but at the Same time Quite a Bit Alike .....

Ya'll don't have to agree with all the things that are put out there but you can at least be Respectful.

Especially if you have any Desire to Git Respect in Return...

tdhaulin

Post by tdhaulin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:24 am

Amen Fairy, Amen.

toy

Post by toy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:37 am

:?: :?:

I'm confused - responding September 7 to something that was bothering the fairy on August 6. Has the issue reappeared or is td just trying to butter up our fairy by agreeing with her?

Poker69
Your Role: Law Enforcement

Post by Poker69 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:55 am

...because buttering up the fairy requires butter, regardless of who agrees about whatever...now can i get an amen... :!:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

tdhaulin

Post by tdhaulin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:46 pm

I don't think the Fairy would be opposed to butter :wink:

BulletwButterflyWings

Post by BulletwButterflyWings » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:57 pm

LoL Just So Long as Ya Don't Spread It too Thick :wink:

boilermaker
Patron Saint

Post by boilermaker » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Poker69 wrote:...because buttering up the fairy requires butter, regardless of who agrees about whatever...now can i get an amen... :!:
Amen! and I would like to lick the butter off!

friskyrick
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member

Post by friskyrick » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:51 pm

boilermaker wrote:
Poker69 wrote:...because buttering up the fairy requires butter, regardless of who agrees about whatever...now can i get an amen... :!:
Amen! and I would like to lick the butter off!
Lick fast, she is so hot it will melt quickly!

Amen!
:D

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:47 am

Let's bump this gem, shall we?
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant

Post by Publisher » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:28 pm

BulletwButterflyWings wrote:Ok folks what is up with ya'll :?:

Apparently, some folks need to read this.
- Edmund Burke

rexand

butterfly

Post by rexand » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:31 pm

butterfly,fly back

Return to “Announcements”