One hell of an obituary.

Announcements Regarding GBN and other interesting tidbits. NOT FOR ADVERTISING. You are pushing the edge of having your account shut off if you advertise here.
User avatar
curiouscat
International Grain Cartel
Posts: 3304
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

One hell of an obituary.

Post by curiouscat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:56 pm

I've seen some in this style before, but they're usually because the person was a real horses ass. This one, not so much. Some of our Iowa contingent may even have known him.

https://www.schluterbalikfuneralhome.co ... iYFxO76zFk
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system but too early to shoot the bastards.
Claire Wolfe (101 Things to do Before the Revolution.1996)

User avatar
scarletknight
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Posts: 6994
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Central Illinois (aka corn desert)
Contact:

Re: One hell of an obituary.

Post by scarletknight » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:07 pm

curiouscat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:56 pm
I've seen some in this style before, but they're usually because the person was a real horses ass. This one, not so much. Some of our Iowa contingent may even have known him.

https://www.schluterbalikfuneralhome.co ... iYFxO76zFk
I wonder how much of it he wrote himself?
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~Calvin & Hobbes

User avatar
DukeOfHazard
International Grain Cartel
Posts: 522
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:09 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Hazard County

Re: One hell of an obituary.

Post by DukeOfHazard » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:21 pm

curiouscat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:56 pm
I've seen some in this style before, but they're usually because the person was a real horses ass. This one, not so much. Some of our Iowa contingent may even have known him.

https://www.schluterbalikfuneralhome.co ... iYFxO76zFk
Thanks for posting. I got a good laugh out of that. Too bad I never met Tim, he sounds like my kinda guy.

User avatar
vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Posts: 12657
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Beyond the Rim

Re: One hell of an obituary.

Post by vorlon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:31 am

scarletknight wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:07 pm
curiouscat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:56 pm
I've seen some in this style before, but they're usually because the person was a real horses ass. This one, not so much. Some of our Iowa contingent may even have known him.

https://www.schluterbalikfuneralhome.co ... iYFxO76zFk
I wonder how much of it he wrote himself?
My guess is either none or almost all.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

User avatar
curiouscat
International Grain Cartel
Posts: 3304
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

Re: One hell of an obituary.

Post by curiouscat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:38 pm

My guess as to the writer(s) was a collaboration of a brother, son and/or good friends got together to toast him and did it. Never know.
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system but too early to shoot the bastards.
Claire Wolfe (101 Things to do Before the Revolution.1996)

User avatar
Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Posts: 21683
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough
Location: A Prairie Pirate Ship
Contact:

Re: One hell of an obituary.

Post by Publisher » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:54 am

Funny you posted this, the timing of it.

A newspaper columnist got word of me the other day, and wants to write my obituary.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

User avatar
Reefer
Lookie Loo
Lookie Loo
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Bloomington
Location: Central Illinois

Re: One hell of an obituary.

Post by Reefer » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:25 pm

Publisher wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:54 am
Funny you posted this, the timing of it.

A newspaper columnist got word of me the other day, and wants to write my obituary.
Does he know something you don’t?
Reefers love to propagate!

User avatar
MOCHA
Grain Mogul
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Your City: D.C. based but I get around!
Location: D.C. based touring companion
Contact:

Re: One hell of an obituary.

Post by MOCHA » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:19 am

For an obituary it's probably weird to say that was awesome but .... it was!
Clearly written by people who really loved him.
Whenever it's my time (hopefully not for at least another 60 yrs). I hope mine is half as good as his.
bustymochadmv@protonmail.ch (pm is fine, email is best):
See my site for a more FULL SCHEDULE! Tour midwest semi-regularly.
Iowa ~ Des Moines (Feb. 2019)
IL ~ Chicagoland (Feb. & Mar. 2019)
NE ~ Omaha & Lincoln (Mar. & April 2019)

User avatar
vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Posts: 12657
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Beyond the Rim

Re: One hell of an obituary.

Post by vorlon » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:57 am

Reefer wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:25 pm
Publisher wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:54 am
Funny you posted this, the timing of it.

A newspaper columnist got word of me the other day, and wants to write my obituary.
Does he know something you don’t?
Or has he been talking to Pubs' doctor?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Post Reply

Return to “Announcements”