Any one want to make a bet?

Any known ripoff or scam goes here
Pianomn626
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:09 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: WISCONSIN DELLS, WI

Any one want to make a bet?

Post by Pianomn626 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:24 pm

So, I put the odds that any given ad on STG is a scam a 2:5. Anyone wanna help test or put money down? LOL :lol:

ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 721
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:50 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

Re: Any one want to make a bet?

Post by ShyDaniel » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:43 pm

I imagine it would be a needle in a haystack trying to find real ads on there. I haven't looked in awhile, but it seems like bots took it over.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23506
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Any one want to make a bet?

Post by YAG » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:08 pm

Pianomn626 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:24 pm
So, I put the odds that any given ad on STG is a scam a 2:5. Anyone wanna help test or put money down? LOL :lol:
10 to 1
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer

Re: Any one want to make a bet?

Post by The_Carpenter » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:11 pm

Yup,
Same over here in KC.
Very long odds

User avatar
scarletknight
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Posts: 7111
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Central Illinois (aka corn desert)
Contact:

Re: Any one want to make a bet?

Post by scarletknight » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:01 pm

YAG wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:08 pm
Pianomn626 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:24 pm
So, I put the odds that any given ad on STG is a scam a 2:5. Anyone wanna help test or put money down? LOL :lol:
10 to 1
At least.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~Calvin & Hobbes

User avatar
Yuna
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:22 pm
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion
Contact:

Re: Any one want to make a bet?

Post by Yuna » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:49 pm

I also think at least 10:1
StG doesn't verify like P411 or Tryst. I think sites that charge a tiny fee for ads also helps cut down on scammers.

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23506
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Any one want to make a bet?

Post by YAG » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:09 am

Yuna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:49 pm
I also think at least 10:1
StG doesn't verify like P411 or Tryst. I think sites that charge a tiny fee for ads also helps cut down on scammers.
From the amount of the typical scam being attempted, I agree that even a minor fee would eliminate them. 10 or 20 bucks should cull the herd. And I mean for lifetime access, not per ad. Even $1 per ad would work.

Twitter ("free" if your data is freely given away) is rife with scammers, too, it's just harder to find them. It ALSO makes creating a "Oh Hell No" list simpler.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

User avatar
YAG
Sustaining Charter Member
Posts: 23506
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near the shampooed banana
Location: Close To An Edge
Contact:

Re: Any one want to make a bet?

Post by YAG » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:12 am

When even 1 gets identified, it's a crap shoot.

1. Misleading pics, or fake
2. Service is lackluster at best
3. They dont show up
4. There's a pimp
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
Clarence Darrow
"Always party like it's your last party" - In Honor of RimTrip
"The Guish is Strong in this one." - Skookum

beechnut79
Stall Mucker
Stall Mucker
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:22 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Chicago area

Re: Any one want to make a bet?

Post by beechnut79 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:28 pm

ShyDaniel wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:43 pm
I imagine it would be a needle in a haystack trying to find real ads on there. I haven't looked in awhile, but it seems like bots took it over.
It’s also like a needle in a haystack to find one who will even accept cash payments. The original backpage was much better in that they pretty much all took cash, talked to you on the phone and didn’t demand advance deposits. HS it gotten to be that we have to do digital wallets, which have become a fertile breeding ground for scammers, or gift cards with serial numbers revealed in order to get any action? I was burned by this method just a few weeks ago and vowed never again. And the don’t want to take time to know you first. They expect you to be able to drop whatever you may have going and run to them or vise versa. They are taking unfair advantage of those of us who can’t afford high end escorts. I believe it’s high time we band together and boycott these types. Once it hits them in the pocketbook maybe things will change.

User avatar
vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Posts: 13024
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:00 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Location: Beyond the Rim

Re: Any one want to make a bet?

Post by vorlon » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:47 pm

beechnut79 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:28 pm
ShyDaniel wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:43 pm
I imagine it would be a needle in a haystack trying to find real ads on there. I haven't looked in awhile, but it seems like bots took it over.
It’s also like a needle in a haystack to find one who will even accept cash payments. The original backpage was much better in that they pretty much all took cash, talked to you on the phone and didn’t demand advance deposits. HS it gotten to be that we have to do digital wallets, which have become a fertile breeding ground for scammers, or gift cards with serial numbers revealed in order to get any action? I was burned by this method just a few weeks ago and vowed never again. And the don’t want to take time to know you first. They expect you to be able to drop whatever you may have going and run to them or vise versa. They are taking unfair advantage of those of us who can’t afford high end escorts. I believe it’s high time we band together and boycott these types. Once it hits them in the pocketbook maybe things will change.
Part of the reason their rates are so low is they have no intention of actually providing any service; they target people who haven't learned about the scams. Honestly, you're probably going to need to save your money up to see those with higher rates to get a genuine companion experience.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Pianomn626
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:09 pm
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: WISCONSIN DELLS, WI

Re: Any one want to make a bet?

Post by Pianomn626 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:25 am

vorlon wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:47 pm
beechnut79 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:28 pm
ShyDaniel wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:43 pm
I imagine it would be a needle in a haystack trying to find real ads on there. I haven't looked in awhile, but it seems like bots took it over.
It’s also like a needle in a haystack to find one who will even accept cash payments. The original backpage was much better in that they pretty much all took cash, talked to you on the phone and didn’t demand advance deposits. HS it gotten to be that we have to do digital wallets, which have become a fertile breeding ground for scammers, or gift cards with serial numbers revealed in order to get any action? I was burned by this method just a few weeks ago and vowed never again. And the don’t want to take time to know you first. They expect you to be able to drop whatever you may have going and run to them or vise versa. They are taking unfair advantage of those of us who can’t afford high end escorts. I believe it’s high time we band together and boycott these types. Once it hits them in the pocketbook maybe things will change.
Part of the reason their rates are so low is they have no intention of actually providing any service; they target people who haven't learned about the scams. Honestly, you're probably going to need to save your money up to see those with higher rates to get a genuine companion experience.
Quality over quantity. Hell to the yah.

Post Reply

Return to “Ripoffs & Scams”