ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Quad Cities

501 kg Deadlift

Post by ShyDaniel » Sat May 02, 2020 10:19 am

Halfthor Bjornsson from Game of Thrones is going to attempt to deadlift 501 kg on ESPN at 11am this morning. That's half a metric ton. A few years ago I watched a video of the current world record being broken by a guy named Eddie Hall. After he put the weight down the shock to his central nervous system made his nose, tear ducts, and ears bleed. He was going in and out of consciousness afterwards. These strong man competitions are getting more and more insane.

Skookum
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Central IL

Re: 501 kg Deadlift

Post by Skookum » Sat May 02, 2020 11:37 am

This is a man who quit his basketball career in 2008 because of an ankle injury. His transformation in 12 years is unbelievable.

ShyDaniel
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Quad Cities

Post by ShyDaniel » Sat May 02, 2020 11:52 am

He did it. 501kg. It going to cause some controversy in the world of strongman because he did it at his home gym, because of covid. But he did pull it off. Looks like he did it easier than the last guy though.

I'm such a turd, I'm watching this while eating Taco Bell while sitting on my couch.

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Post by vorlon » Mon May 18, 2020 12:52 am

ShyDaniel wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:52 am
He did it. 501kg. It going to cause some controversy in the world of strongman because he did it at his home gym, because of covid. But he did pull it off. Looks like he did it easier than the last guy though.

I'm such a turd, I'm watching this while eating Taco Bell while sitting on my couch.
I saw a replay of that.

He looks a lot better than I thought he would after falling from the Red Keep and he looked really bad before that! 8) .
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Mon May 18, 2020 5:00 am

Damn. It took 2 of us in high school to lift a VW Beetle (old school version) up 3.5 feet to put it on a platform. The other guy did the backend.

I have no idea how much it weighed. I also dont know how much the cow I picked up weighed. I'm sure less than 500 kg.
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Skookum
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your City: Central IL

Post by Skookum » Mon May 18, 2020 6:36 am

vorlon wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:52 am
ShyDaniel wrote:

I saw a replay of that.

He looks a lot better than I thought he would after falling from the Red Keep and he looked really bad before that! 8) .
And all of the wound the Hound gave him were mysteriously gone or cleverly hidden... :-?

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Tue May 19, 2020 1:27 am

Skookum wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:36 am
vorlon wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:52 am
ShyDaniel wrote:

I saw a replay of that.

And all of the wound the Hound gave him were mysteriously gone or cleverly hidden... :-?
To say nothing of what happened to him in the fight with the Viper.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Return to “Health and Fitness”