shyboy69
Donor
Donor
Your Gender: Male
Your Role: Admirer
Your City: Near everything but close to nothing

Black Widow

Post by shyboy69 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 am

My son and I took in Black Widow tonight. Typical MCU flick. Good action and good story. Back story explains where she came from. And how she got to where she is now. Spoiler after the credit.

Nice guys finish last? Yes we do! Our women always finish first. Multiple times!
My sparkling personality compensates for not being hung like a horse.

RattleHead
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Your City: Beloit, WI

Re: Black Widow

Post by RattleHead » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:51 pm

No bueno! Ufdah! This was just bad. The writers of this movie don't even know what Natasha is. Unreal. She's not a "Super Soldier". She doesn't have any super powers at all. Nada! Nothing! Watching this movie, though, you'd believe she does. Watching her fall a couple stories out of a building, and landing on her feet ( like she's Spider-man ), was cringe-worthy. Forget the fact that her body hit a couple of things on the way down. LOL! Good gravy. The special affects were so over-the-top, I thought I'd see Mark Wahlberg jump out of the sky fortress on his motorcycle and land it on a piece of falling debris.
They completely mangled the Task Master character. I don't know what that was, but it wasn't Task Master. They made a joke of Red Guardian, too. They made him an *microcephalic doofus*, for the sake of "humor". Imagine that, making a male character stupid!
I'm glad I didn't pay for this garbage. To think, some people were paying $30.00 to watch this on Disney+. LMAO! Suckers!!

Publisher
Benevolent Tyrant
Your City: Central Illinois is close enough

Post by Publisher » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:26 pm

RattleHead wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:51 pm
No bueno! Ufdah! This was just bad. The writers of this movie don't even know what Natasha is. Unreal. She's not a "Super Soldier". She doesn't have any super powers at all. Nada! Nothing! Watching this movie, though, you'd believe she does. Watching her fall a couple stories out of a building, and landing on her feet ( like she's Spider-man ), was cringe-worthy. Forget the fact that her body hit a couple of things on the way down. LOL! Good gravy. The special affects were so over-the-top, I thought I'd see Mark Wahlberg jump out of the sky fortress on his motorcycle and land it on a piece of falling debris.
They completely mangled the Task Master character. I don't know what that was, but it wasn't Task Master. They made a joke of Red Guardian, too. They made him an *microcephalic doofus*, for the sake of "humor". Imagine that, making a male character stupid!
I'm glad I didn't pay for this garbage. To think, some people were paying $30.00 to watch this on Disney+. LMAO! Suckers!!
Tell us what you REALLY think
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

vorlon
Moderator - Sustaining Member
Moderator - Sustaining Member

Post by vorlon » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:15 pm

I enjoyed the movie. I've always like the Black Widow character in the MCU and pairing her with her sister worked well. This movie would have worked better if it had come out between Civil War and Infinity War. The action scenes were often over the top, particularly in the climax as Black Widow and the other characters, while remarkably skilled, are not superheroes like Thor and Captain America. I'd say it was one of the better MCU movies but not one of the best.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

YetAnotherHobbist
Donor
Donor
Your City: Madison

Post by YetAnotherHobbist » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:48 am

vorlon wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:15 pm
I enjoyed the movie. I've always like the Black Widow character in the MCU and pairing her with her sister worked well. This movie would have worked better if it had come out between Civil War and Infinity War. The action scenes were often over the top, particularly in the climax as Black Widow and the other characters, while remarkably skilled, are not superheroes like Thor and Captain America. I'd say it was one of the better MCU movies but not one of the best.
I liked it, too - the interplay between the two sisters was fun to watch. She does seem to survive what no "normal" human would - but I think she's supposed to have been treated with a "weaker" version of the super-soldier serum, which helps explain her durability...

And - it's a superhero movie :-p

Yuna
Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
Your Gender: Female
Your Role: Companion

Post by Yuna » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:01 pm

I thought it was a good over the top action film. I thought it would focus more on the past, but glad it didn't.

The_Carpenter
Advanced Donor
Advanced Donor
Your City: The Shop in KC, with deliveries to here and there

Post by The_Carpenter » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:48 pm

Yuna wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:01 pm
I thought it was a good over the top action film. I thought it would focus more on the past, but glad it didn't.
Exactly.
And, I'll add it to the dvd collection.
Custom woodcraft and specialty transport

Return to “Movies & Television”